Social Events Of The Weekend

“The Element of Freedom” Album Launch Party, London

Alicia Keys was recently in London to promote her new album “The Element of Freedom”.

The superstar singer was wearing a white and blue vibrant paint print Alexander McQueen v neckline dress with batwing sleeves which she belted.

Her look was paired with blue tights, and Giuseppe Zanotti electric blue ankle boots.

I would never belt a dress with batwing sleeves as they are hard enough to manoeuvre in, but it seems to work here for Alicia.

“A Little Night Music” Broadway Opening Night, New York

In an age when we see so many ankle boots on the red carpet, it’s nice to get warm and fuzzy feeling from Catherine Zeta Jones on the red carpet.

She gives us old fashion glamour which made me fall in love with stars on the red carpet in the first place.

On her opening night on Broadway, the Welsh beauty looked so very elegant wearing a Gustavo Cadile black gown, with tiered skirt trimmed with sequins and a rosette detail on the hip.

The gown appears to be slightly modified from the baby blue Resort 2010 gown presented on the runway.

Z100s Jingle Ball 2009, New York

I hate to say this, but I’m really tiring of Leighton Meester’s ‘edgy’ look.

It was cute at first, but now it feels so forced.

The actress and wannabee singer opted for this cold-shoulder Louise Goldin leather and mesh sleeved dress paired with Proenza Schouler patent leather pumps.

To say me no likey is putting it very mildly.

House of Harlow 1960 Holiday Collection Launch, LA

The woman best known for her boho chic style gives something new.

Firstly she looks stunning with a chestnut new hair colour, then she shows off her post-baby figure wearing a L’Wren Scott fitted ivory dress which has been worn by Jennifer Love Hewitt, Jennifer Lopez and Nicole Kidman (of course).

LOVE the fact she didn’t wear black pumps, instead she opted for Christian Louboutin snake-skin heels.

Louis Vuitton and Teen Vogue Holiday celebration, LA

Alexa Chung’s MTV show might have been cancelled, but that didn’t stop the Brit putting on a stiff upper lip and partying with the kids at the Teen Vogue Holiday party.

She carried a SC bag from the Sofia Copolla’s Louis Vuitton collection, whilst wearing a Louis Vuitton Resort 2010 print skirt.

I adore this print which has been worn by January Jones and Rachel Weisz on the January 2010 Vogue UK cover.

Emma Roberts opted for a sheer nude top, black pants and black LV Can can heels.

Samual French Bookstore, LA

After a rare occasion in which Dita von Teese had a bad day on the red carpet, the Burlesque star is back to her best.

This weekend she redeemed herself wearing a navy Lanvin Fall 2009 coat/dress worn with a belt, boots and an exquisite fascinator hat.

Tres chic.

“Late Show With David Letterman”, New York

Even in a simple black Jasmine di Milo black cashmere coat Kate Hudson is still uber sexy.

Showing off her pins the “Nine” actress is wearing the Brian Atwood Wagner rivet suede pumps which are on my wish list.

Seminole Hard Rock Hotel And Casino, LA

Kim Kardashian accessorized her ALC double zipper draped dress, with a stunning neck piece, and Pierre Hardy Saba sandals.

Credit: Style.com, Splash & Wireimage

Poppy Delevingne & Alexa Chung for THE EDIT

Poppy Delevingne & Alexa Chung for THE EDIT

"Sherlock Holmes" World Premiere

“Sherlock Holmes” World Premiere

19 Responses to Social Events Of The Weekend

1. b December 14, 2009 at 18:11 #

I actually like Leighton’s look here. Love her makeup. And the dress is ok, it suits her.

I disagree with you on Dita’s as well. It looks good on the runway but not on her. I think she looks like a commando in chief here.

• Naomi December 14, 2009 at 19:06 #

I thought Leighton’s dress is cute. Horrible shoes, though.

Oh, how I wish Dita would change her make-up once in a while. I know, I know – It’s her signature look, but isn’t she tired of it? Just teeny-weeny bit?
      I know I am. I love the way she looks so without it, she is so beautiful!
      You can see a pic here –

2. LauraKitty December 14, 2009 at 18:22 #

I have a huge girl crush on Kate Hudson- so glamorous!

3. Ally December 14, 2009 at 18:27 #

If there is a Santa Claus, those Brian Atwood shoes would be waiting under my tree on Dec. 25!

Leighton needs a new stylist badly. Her hair and makeup have been beyond tragic lately. And those shoes are awful.

• Fashion Critic December 14, 2009 at 18:53 #

amen

4. Jaja December 14, 2009 at 18:41 #

I do not like Alicia Keys look at all. I almost did not recognize Nicole if it weren’t for her tattoo. She looks great!!!

5. miss heart December 14, 2009 at 19:03 #

Thank you, I thought Alexa’s dress was a skirt lol, she looks good but Emma on the other hand;
    Kate is a real beauty, she looks stunning.

6. Juliana December 14, 2009 at 20:49 #

Leighton’s arms look fat on the outfit.

In fact, *she* looks fat.

Terrible choice, indeed.

7. mol December 14, 2009 at 21:19 #

Kate Hudson, the gorg California girl lookin super sexy in N.Y.. …love those Atwood pumps.

Dita looks slightly swamped in her outfit, but I love her hat.

Big thumbs up on Nicole’s new do.

8. cucumber eyes December 14, 2009 at 21:32 #

i love kate hudson’s shoes and i love nicol richie… she looks way better than she used to and i love her as brunette…

9. Laura December 14, 2009 at 23:53 #

Alicia’s shoes would’ve been shown off better without those tights. I absolutely adore Catherine Zeta-Jones’s look. BDOTW contender for me.

I too am a bit tired of Leighton’s ‘edgy’ look, but I do see some potential in this dress. A stronger hair do, better fit in the sleeves and dress, and a pop of color in the shoes, and I wouldn’t have minded the look. But as it is, it’s pretty unkept looking.

Nicole looks sophisticated and tres jolie. I wish Dita did the leather boots or the leather gloves and not both. But she still looks good. I love Kate’s shoes, and her hair works well for the look. Kim’s look is nice, but I’m not swooning or anything.

10. Sally December 15, 2009 at 01:42 #

This is one of Dita’s best looks all year.
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.
    So slick.

11. Lala/S-R December 15, 2009 at 02:40 #

No, FC, that look does not work on AK (LOL). She’s wearing an all blue ensemble. You should see it in bright lights. Alicia cant dress for the life of her. Unfortunately, ’cause I just love her!!!!
    Nicole looks great. WOWzers
    Can someone please through Kim K in the garbage where she belongs. I’m so sick of seeing her doing nothing.
    Over your cold, FC?

• Fashion Critic December 15, 2009 at 07:33 #

Yes. Much better thanks x

12. Cleopatra December 15, 2009 at 08:59 #

ahhhh, very rarely do i disagree with the great FC, but here goes:

ive said this before and ill say it again, catherine zeta jones has had me on snooze for years now, she lost her mojo sometime after marrying douglas and never got it back and this dress is a fine example of that. its boring, its black, it sits way too low on her chest and it makes her look like she has a belly which im sure she doesnt. there is nothing inspirational about this look, as can be expected from catherine z. it confuses me why someone so hot would purposefully make herself look 20 years older. she should take some lessons from demi.
    kate hudson though, thats wearing black with tons of sex appeal, i like it!

• Fashion Critic December 15, 2009 at 09:26 #

I think she’s growing old gracefully.

She’s done the Demi Moore thing, but she can’t get away with that anymore.

13. YSLGirl December 15, 2009 at 10:21 #

Dita is boring me now. At first I loved her for some reason, but she’s now lost her novelty.

14. SarahV December 15, 2009 at 21:43 #

I’m in love with Dita’s and Nicole’s look!

15. JacJacJacqui December 27, 2009 at 04:53 #

Dita looks amazing as usual! I LOVE that coat, it’s so unusual – feminine yet edgy. I wish she’d worn a nice pair of pumps rather than those chunky cankle boots. Sleek shoes would have really completed that silhouette.