14.12.09 X Factor

Runway To X Factor Final – Cheryl Cole In Zuhair Murad & Georges Chakra

If you were anything like me you were holding your breath the whole time Cheryl Cole walked down the stairs on Saturday night’s X Factor.

The stunning Zuhair Murad Fall 2009 Couture strapless mermaid dress was so snug she could barely walk in it, and had to hold onto Simon for dear life as she manoeuvred the stairs.

The white gown with the black paillettes was heavenly, but I couldn’t help but wish she had worn her hair in a sleek up do.

How she sat in this dress is a beyond me.

I wasn’t totally crazy about Sunday night’s dress, mostly because it was hard to see any of the details on her stunning black strapless Georges Chakra Spring 2009 Couture gown.

What I could just about make out was that the skirt of the gown was sheer from mid-thigh to the hem.

I loved Cheryl and Joe’s reaction when they won. They so deserved it.

The only downside on the night was Rachel Adedeji who made a total show of herself grabbing the mic off Joe mid song a la Kanye West.

Credit: ZuhairMurad.com & Rex Features

Dannii Minogue Wears Osman Yousefzada & J'Aton Couture On The X Factor Final

Dannii Minogue Wears Osman Yousefzada & J’Aton Couture On The X Factor Final

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Year?

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Year?

16 Responses to Runway To X Factor Final – Cheryl Cole In Zuhair Murad & Georges Chakra

1. cucumber eyes December 14, 2009 at 10:33 #

i wish she used her sunday hair style for the saturday dress… i like both looks but i feel like there’s something missing in both of them…

2. Maud December 14, 2009 at 12:49 #

Cheryl doesn’t have the WOW factor anymore! Last year her dress was amazing and surprising.
    Last night I couldn’t wait to see what she wore and then a big disappointment. Her look was too similar to the one she wore 2 weeks ago in that Stephane Rolland dress. Not impressed.
    I am so glad people are starting giving Dannii some credit because she always looks amazing, stylish, elegant and like she owned the dresses.

3. Katie December 14, 2009 at 14:18 #

I had always loved Cheryl, but i have to agree Dannii most definitely looked far more classy and regal throughout the show. Maybe her being in love had something to do with it!

4. anne December 14, 2009 at 14:43 #

I think this year she tried to give us something new every week while last year she kind of sticked to the same style .
    I actually thought that she had saved another Atelier Versace dress for the final but overall i’m happy with the choices she made this year.
    FC i remember at the beginning you were disappointed that Cheryl put Joe through the final 3 :d; i’m glad you changed your mind

• Fashion Critic December 14, 2009 at 14:44 #

Yes, she proved she made the right choice.

I initially thought she just put him through just because he was from Newcastle.

5. Marvel December 14, 2009 at 15:19 #

I lover her Zuhair Murad dress and immediately ID’ed it. She so deserved to win and I agree with what anne said that she didnt stick to one format of dresses and shaked it up a bit more.

6. kiran sooknandan December 15, 2009 at 17:16 #

the black dress here is stepahne roland also according to vogue uk

• Fashion Critic December 15, 2009 at 17:32 #

thanks Kiran

7. Kelly December 15, 2009 at 18:53 #

I have the same style dress in plain ivory to wear on my wedding day. So tempted to have a dress maker put some detail onto it like the one above. What does anyone think?? It is a very informal wedding.

• Fashion Critic December 15, 2009 at 19:07 #

I’ve always wondered what people did with their wedding dresses.

I think it would be a great idea

8. lou December 15, 2009 at 20:51 #

Not crazy about the dress but does anyone no were her earings are from?

• Mira December 15, 2009 at 22:47 #

The earrings for both night are De Grisogono.

9. leonhart December 16, 2009 at 07:10 #

the gown cheryl wore on sunday night is actually by marc ross. :)

• Fashion Critic December 16, 2009 at 09:06 #

thanks for the correction

10. stephanie December 16, 2009 at 13:49 #

I think Cheryl’s black gown is actually from Georges Chakra’s SS09 collection? Her skirt may be less sheer than the runway version, but the bodice is identical:

• Fashion Critic December 16, 2009 at 14:10 #

Finally mystery solved.

Thanks so much for coming back with this.