Grey Goose Character & Cocktails Winter Fundraiser

There has been much speculation this weekend as to whether Kelly Rowland or Mel B will be replacing Dannii Mingoue as the next X Factor judge.

Kelly let her amazing Basil Soda Fall 2009 Couture gown do all the talking and it was saying “WOW”.

I don’t think I’ve seen her look this amazing since her Destiny’s Child days.

The colour is divine on her plus the cut flatters her figure and gives her curves.

First contender for BDOTW.

Model Natalie Suliman also wore a gown from the Basil Soda Fall 2009 Couture collection.

Her gorgeous green chiffon gown was dripping with embellish details which cascaded down her gown.

Anouck Lepere opted for a white Mark Fast scoop neck knit dress.

The drop-waist dress had heavy long fringing to give it a flapper feel which I love, but I just didn’t love the black patent pumps.

White dresses and black shoes have always been a no-no in my book.

Elizabeth Hurley wore a white fur gilet, which despite it’s size feels like it’s covering the whole of her gown.

Such a shame because this is a gorgeous colour on Liz.

I do like the print on Sophie Ellis-Bextor’s metallic dress, but the style of the dress feel so mumsy.

Frankie Sandford, Mollie King, Una Healy, Rochelle Wiseman and Vanessa White of the Saturdays look stunning in their mix of spring ready pastel floor length gowns, mini dresses and LBDs.

Credit: BasilSoda.com, London Features & Wireimage

20 Comments
In Leighton Meester's Closet - Proenza Schouler Patent Leather Platform Pumps

In Leighton Meester’s Closet – Proenza Schouler Patent Leather Platform Pumps

In Alicia Keys' Closet - Alexander McQueen Painted V-Neck Sweater Dress & Giuseppe Zanotti Ankle Boots

In Alicia Keys’ Closet – Alexander McQueen Painted V-Neck Sweater Dress & Giuseppe Zanotti Ankle Boots

20 Responses to Grey Goose Character & Cocktails Winter Fundraiser

1. Katie December 14, 2009 at 14:05 #

What a set of beauties, i think Liz always even with her white looks stunningly amazing, Kelly i agree has not looked so good since her Destiny Child days, the dress fits her like a glove.

2. Dora December 14, 2009 at 14:20 #

Kelly Rowland looks so gorgeous. I know it’s too early to say she’ll be my BDOTW but there is a huge chance she will. I’m glad she didn’t pick the runway colour. The blue looks so good on her.
    I also love Natalie Suliman and Rochelle Wiseman.

3. Jennifer December 14, 2009 at 14:42 #

Wow is right. Kelly looks fantastic!

I’m a little surprised Beyonce hasn’t worn many of these designs, they scream sparkly and hugs curves, which we all know she loves.

• ahot December 15, 2009 at 12:31 #

i agree! she must be very angry right know for not wearing this first! lol

4. Ally December 14, 2009 at 15:40 #

Kelly looks devine. The color and fit are perfect for her.

I really want to like Natalie’s look b/c I love that color, but something is off about the fit. But it might be the way she is standing.

5. robbie December 14, 2009 at 15:43 #

FC first of all i just want to say thank you so frickin much! kylie wore the same anouck lepere a few weeks ago and i kept trying to find it. you are amazing!

kelly, fantastic the colour on her and the fit is just perfection!

natalie, its amazing and the colour is also fantastic on her.

anouck, its a gorgeous dress but those black shoes just ruin it for me.

elizabeth, i love the lilac colour but i wish she took of that fur vest ruins it.

sophie, i LOVE the print but i agree to mumsy it reminds me of the kind of dress women wore in the 50s and 60s.

the saturdays, they all look quite good except the one in the black dress did a drag queen do her make-up? maybe the same drag queen did frankies make-up as well.

• robbie December 14, 2009 at 15:52 #

oh FC the mark fast dress is from his spring 2009 collection.

• Fashion Critic December 14, 2009 at 16:10 #

thanks Robbie. I forgot to check his site, but the look was so distinctive I knew it was by Mark.

• Fashion Critic December 14, 2009 at 16:03 #

LOL @ did a drag queen do her make-up.

6. mydress December 14, 2009 at 16:11 #

Hurley looks so bad and I’m not only talking about the fur.

7. molly December 14, 2009 at 16:15 #

The Basil Soda gowns are spectacular.

8. Vera December 14, 2009 at 17:55 #

Kelly – BDOTW?

Kidding?

9. ZzaRaZza December 14, 2009 at 20:53 #

Kelly’s dress is spectacular on her

10. mol December 14, 2009 at 21:34 #

Are we supposed to see Anouck’s undies? Not liking that part myself, although i love this dress otherwise.

11. Laura December 14, 2009 at 23:43 #

Kelly Rowland and Natalie Suliman show off perfectly why I like Lebanese designers so much.

Reem Acra, Georges Chakra, Basil Soda, Zuhair Murad. They all love to use dramatic colors and eye-catching details. But it’s more about the colors. I love going through their collections because it’s not neutral after neutral. It’s bright and bold colors that look amazing.

• YSLGirl December 15, 2009 at 10:56 #

Personally I dislike all of those designers because their use of colour can be tacky.

• Laura December 15, 2009 at 19:41 #

I do think some of their looks are tacky. But I respect them for their risk-taking and a lot of the times I love the looks they come up with.

12. Katey December 15, 2009 at 00:01 #

Kelly is BDOTW for me too.

But Fashion Critic, don’t you remember Kelly’s utfit at the MTV EMA 2008? I remember that WOw Moment.

13. Lala/S-R December 15, 2009 at 02:46 #

HOLY SH*T! Pardon my language, but Kelly looks soooooooooooooooooooooo amazing!!!! Wow, everything looks just right! Perfect!
    Natalie Suliman, she’s also the model from the ASOS images on the website, right? Love her look!

14. YSLGirl December 15, 2009 at 10:55 #

I usually hate Basil Soda, but Kelly looks great.

I love the Mark Fast dress. I don’t mind black shoes with white dresses.