11.12.09

Social Events Of The Week

Book Signing For “Dita: Stripteese” at Books and Books, Miami

Normally you can’t stop me gushing about how wonderful Dita von Teese looks, but on this occasion me no likey.

I would have preferred the runway black version of Dita’s Jean-Charles de Castelbajac leopard head maxi dress, to the red one she’s wearing.

Four Seasons George V Hotel, Paris

Victoria Beckham was spotted leaving her Paris hotel last night wearing the 5th piece from her 20 piece Spring 2010 collection.

As much as I want to complain about her 3rd black look in a row I love her Victoria Beckham peplum dress – as previously worn by Blake Lively.

Tres chic. Magnifique from the council estate face lift, to her dove grey Trib Two’s.

Four Seasons George V Hotel, Paris

Earlier today the busy fashion designer was again spotted leaving her hotel.  This time she wore a winter white belted Maison Martin Margiela Fall 2009 wool coat with split sleeves.

It appears that all she’s wearing.

With her burgundy Christian Louboutin heels, white coat and Hermes Himalayan Crocodile Birkin she no doubt turned heads.

She on her way back folks *squeals with excitement*

13th Annual Cracked Xmas, LA

Kim Kardashian looked stunning wearing an asymmetrical Tadashi Shoji Spring 2010 dress.

The midnight blue crinkled one shoulder dress with illusion beaded lace insets flattered her beautiful curvy figure.

She paired her dress with Pierre Hardy Saba sandals.

I wasn’t too crazy about those two shades of blonde extensions she placed in her hair though.

The UNICEF Ball, LA

Some of you may think I always pick on Selena Gomez when I say she dresses too mature for her age.

Its only because when I know she can looks totally outstanding like she does here in her hot pink strapless Notte by Marchesa gown.

The eye-popping colour works perfectly well with her dark hair and her milky skin tone.

Sergio Rossi grey peep-toes and a glittering clutch complete the look.

Friends Without Borders First Annual Los Angeles Gala

Anne Hathaway evokes simple elegance wearing a one-sleeved Dior button-down dress with Christian Louboutin heels.

Loving the hair and neutral make-up.

“The Young Victoria” New York Screening

There is something quite garish about Emily Blunt’s red and black Carolina Herrera dress that leaves me cold.

She’s had much better moments.

Credit: Style.com, Fame Pictures, Bauer Griffin & Wireimage

Anne Hathaway In Whit - BBC Radio One

Anne Hathaway In Whit – BBC Radio One

Runway To The Street Of Paris - Victoria Beckham In Burberry Prorsum & Antonio Berardi

Runway To The Street Of Paris – Victoria Beckham In Burberry Prorsum & Antonio Berardi

18 Responses to Social Events Of The Week

1. lee December 11, 2009 at 18:07 #

sigh. Posh is posh, what else is there to say?

2. Dora December 11, 2009 at 18:45 #

Usually I don’t like Selena but this dress is stunning.
    It really suits her.
    I hope she keeps wearing colorful dresses like this one.

3. cucumber eyes December 11, 2009 at 18:47 #

i’m not dita fan but i must admit she has a style, but in this occassion she really lets down… this feels so totally wrong for him.
    posh is posh, it’s nice to see her back.
    Kim Kardashian i love the dress but her hair just kills the look and i’m not crazy about the shoes.
    Selena Gomez , i’m sad when i see this girl dress too mature, she’s young and she should dress that way but i must admit this colour looks amazing on her…
    Anne Hathaway – i love the dress, love her make up but there’s something missing
    Emily Blunt – i’m crazy about her dress but her make up and hair lets it down, love the shoes but not with this dress…

4. mette December 11, 2009 at 18:51 #

VB really does look amazing in both outfits…
    Selena looks so cute! Love her in that dress!

5. jojo December 11, 2009 at 19:02 #

vb is going to be one of the most boring fashionista !
    she have nithing everytime the same cloths same pose same hair same makeup and same shoes !

6. Lala/S-R December 11, 2009 at 19:34 #

I’m going to be partial and say, VB wore her dress way better than Blake! She’s gaining her appeal back.

7. RachelZ December 11, 2009 at 19:43 #

WOW, Posh, sigh….if i could look that poised and perfectly put together for at least one day in my lifetime, I would consider myself very very lucky.

I’m in awe of both outfits – one thing i like the most is she has such distinct style that she has carved as her own, you could hide the head and show me the outfit, I’d 99% of the time know its none other than Mrs Beckham!

End gush. hehe.

8. nisha December 11, 2009 at 20:52 #

victoria,victoria,victoria. mrs beckham is looking MAGNIFICENT in the white coat and she always does in white coats.absloutely stunning reminds me of that marc jacobs one she wore last year.her hair looks great. the second outfit is just is amazing. both outfits are perfect she surely is on her way back. i pray to god she keeps it up.thanks for posting

9. YSLGirl December 11, 2009 at 20:55 #

Victoria is boring as always. She has worn that dress twice now. She wore it previously during New York Fashion Week.

Emily has had better moments. Terrible outfit.

Kim Kardashian always looks like a tranny. Vanish!

• YSLGirl December 11, 2009 at 20:56 #

Dita looks awful. If there’s anything I hate, it’s matching red dress and heels. *shudder*

10. mol December 11, 2009 at 21:28 #

That’s gonna a be a fun WWIB poll – Victoria or Blake? I don’t know if I could choose!

11. Terry December 11, 2009 at 21:54 #

Kim is wearing Pierre Hardy Saba sandals.

• Fashion Critic December 11, 2009 at 22:25 #

many thanks as always

12. Laura December 11, 2009 at 22:29 #

Dita’s look isn’t good. The red and print clash, while the print pops off the black. And Dita would work the black version amazingly.

With Posh, I love everything but the hair. I’d have like to seen this on the red carpet because then i could see who posed better, Posh or Blake. I absolutely adore her white look. It’s amazing!

I like the dress on Kim, but the hair, shoes, jewelry are wrong for me. Kim just doesn’t wow me on the red carpet.

On an older person, the hot pink dress would look off. But you’re right, it’s perfect for Demi.

I wish Anne’s dress either had a simpler top or no buttons. Both together is just a bit sloppy to me. But it’s still pretty. And the make-up is lovely.

The middle of Emily’s dress screams “Leona Lewis Moment” to me. Not loving at all.

• Fashion Critic December 11, 2009 at 22:42 #

LOL @ Leona Lewis Moment…so true

13. lici_u December 12, 2009 at 11:07 #

I agree with all of you on Dita and on Victoria!

14. SarahV December 13, 2009 at 17:22 #

I love Victoria’s second look, with the white coat, and I’m also impressed with Kim Kardashian here!

15. Hayley December 13, 2009 at 18:05 #

I actually think Selena usually looks amazing, and dresses her age, but I think that pink dress is very grandma on her, and I really don’t like it.