2009 Dubai International Film Festival

Day 1

Mandy Moore looked spectacular wearing a black Escada Fall 2009 on the first day of the 2009 Dubai International Film Festival this week.

Her black silk satin deep v-neck gown with a ruffle-lattice embellished skirt was as gorgeous from the front, as it was from the back.

I don’t ever remember having a ‘Wow’ moment when it comes to Mandy, so this will be the first.

Her whole look is amazing from the red lips, to the pulled back hair, to the dazzling earrings and matching clutch.

She’s definitely a BDOTW contender, but with so many candidates do you think she deserves to be on the list?

amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Dubai Benefit

Sometimes when I look at Marc Jacobs presentation’s I wonder how they will translate off the runway.

Christina Ricci answers that question – Beautiful.

The actress blows me away looking outstanding in her chiffon Marc Jacobs Spring 2010 gown with flutter sleeves and a silver trim over ruffled layers of her gown.

Why is it that these girls save their best looks for Thursday night, just when we think we’ve decided who to vote for on the BDOTW poll?

Mandy’s second look wasn’t so wow, more meh!

But she is still looks divine.

Credit: Style.com, Escada.com & Getty

Runway To Norwegian Talk Show - Jada Pinkett-Smith In Naeem Khan

Runway To Norwegian Talk Show – Jada Pinkett-Smith In Naeem Khan

In Rachel Zoe's Closet - RM By Roland Mouret Zephyr Silk Brocade Jacket

In Rachel Zoe’s Closet – RM By Roland Mouret Zephyr Silk Brocade Jacket

23 Responses to 2009 Dubai International Film Festival

1. ZzaRaZza December 11, 2009 at 15:13 #

Love Christina here. Ethereal and floaty look.

Mandy in the fist pic is gorgeous too. Let’s pretend second one never happened :)

2. Anna B. December 11, 2009 at 15:16 #

I don’t think that Mandy’s first look should be on BDOTW. It’s not bad, but it leaves me thinking that she cannot carry the gown with the attitude it deserves.

I think Kristina looks FAB in that dress. It’s interesting and looks very good on her frame.

3. Danielle December 11, 2009 at 15:19 #

The back of Mandy Moore’s gown is exquisite! I think she deserves to be on the list, but with so many fabulous looks this week, I doubt I will actually vote for her.

4. Ally December 11, 2009 at 15:28 #

Mandy’s first look is great, but there have been some really great looks this week. I would put Christina on the list over her. But Zoe is going to win anyway :-P.

Note to actresses: sheer black sleeves do not photograph well. They just don’t. Chop off those sleeves and you have a lovely, simple black gown.

5. Dana December 11, 2009 at 16:05 #

Wow, my jaw dropped when I saw that pic of Christina. She looks AMAZING.

That’s the best I’ve ever seen Mandy look, too.

6. Linda December 11, 2009 at 16:15 #

Both look fantastic and BDOTW worthy. Mandy’s second dress, not so much. Agree with Ally, minus the sleeves it would be fine.

7. gg December 11, 2009 at 16:21 #

as i was scrolling down and saw christina it was a omg moment. she looks a m a z i n g. love the marc jacob.
    fc she blew me away too. love love love…after a long time.

8. Nikki L December 11, 2009 at 16:24 #

I’m blown away by Christina Ricci. This is the only second time that this has happened. :) BDOTW contender for sure.

9. Jennifer December 11, 2009 at 16:32 #

I think Mandy Moore is a BDOTW dresser…. but that being said, I think Christina Ricci would win it hands down for me this week. This blows everything else we’ve seen this week out of the water for me.

(That being said, she couldn’t have done this gown for something on a larger stage?! Like an awards ceremony?)

10. molly December 11, 2009 at 16:33 #

Christina Ricci – WOW. Unexpected and gorgeous. My favorite by far this week.

11. Katie December 11, 2009 at 16:39 #

I have to agree with you Mandy looks stunning, she is very pretty but i have never noticed her standing out so much from the crowd, and Christina Ricci looks a million times better than the model!

12. cucumber eyes December 11, 2009 at 16:43 #

mandy’s frist look is great when you considering it’s her… but i don’t think she’s the BDOTW material…

but Christina is just so beautiful and ethernal… love it absolutely :)

• Fashion Critic December 11, 2009 at 16:49 #

thanks. I feel the same. I wasn’t too sure how you guys felt.

13. Stuti December 11, 2009 at 17:11 #

I think Christina should be up for BDOTW. Mandy’s gown is gorgeous, she looks stunning, but I am not sure it is in accord with how pretty Christina is in that MJ gown. I love Marc Jacobs to death. I think his creations are so spunky and fresh. But this is something I wouldnt imagine came from him, especially after seeing Christina in it. Talk about owninng a look. Christina for BDOTW!

14. YSLGirl December 11, 2009 at 17:20 #

Yay to Christina, nay to Mandy. I would like to see Ricci in the poll!

15. Anissa December 11, 2009 at 17:43 #

My 2 cents. If I made this week’s list I’d have (no order).
    1. Mandy’s Escada
    2. Zoe’s RM
    3. Eva’s Alexander
    4. Natalia’s Fortuny
    5. Michelle’s Calvin
    6. Sarah’s Chakra
    7. Sarah’s Atelier
    8. Nicola’s cream colored dress
    9. Christina’s Marc Jacobs (yes I say nine looks)

16. Tats December 11, 2009 at 17:48 #

Christina looks absolutely divine and owns that look far more than the model on the runway. She’s got to be a BDOTW contender, or I’ll be pouting all weekend :)

• Fashion Critic December 11, 2009 at 17:52 #

We wouldn’t want that now would we?

She’s a contender for sure

17. justme December 11, 2009 at 18:04 #

I agree with everyone. Mandy looks great and if it was any other slow week, she’d have her BDOTW contender spot. But since a lot of the ladies were on their A-game this week, I don’t think she really deserves to be on the list. She still looks gorgeous though.

I thought I was going to vote for Zoe but OMG CHRISTINA RICCI! CAN YOU SAY FREAKING STUNNING?! I love everything about her look.

18. Tania December 11, 2009 at 19:24 #

Christina OMG, I can’t breathe, literally breathe taking wow.

19. mol December 11, 2009 at 21:13 #

This sets up a horrible struggle for me this weekend: how do I choose between Christina and Zoe for BDOTW?????

20. Laura December 11, 2009 at 22:15 #

Mandy’s first look is WOW, but I wish the bottom would’ve been altered so that it was more fitted because it makes her look bigger on the bottom. Her second look would’ve worked better without the sheer sleaves.

Christina is gorgeous. That dress is a thing of beauty. I wish she toned down her make up a bit, but the dress is perfect.

21. littleblackdress December 12, 2009 at 10:04 #