10.12.09

Social Events Of The Week

Gare Du Nord Train Station, Paris

I love it when Victoria Beckham is in Europe, as we get to see so much of her.

The fashion designer was spotted hopping off the Eurostar at Gare Du Nord station in Paris earlier today.

The woman famed for wearing sunglasses this time hid behind her Loewe Pre-Fall 2009 hat, whilst wearing a black leather trench coat, Trib Two’s and Loewe Paloma 29 bag which we’ve seen her carrying before.

Only VB would dare sport this look.

“The Imaginarium Of Doctor Parnassus” New York Premiere

Lily Cole certainly has the legs to pull off this striped Jean Paul Gaultier Fall 2009 Couture short suit.

I just don’t get the matching thigh-high boots.

Women In Film & Television 29th Annual Muse Awards, New York

America Ferrera looked stunning wearing a Proenza Schouler black wool cut-out dress.

I love everything about this look from the cut of the dress, to her beehive hairstyle and her metallic peep-toes.

She may tend to wear a lot of black, but she always looks so well put together.

“It’s Complicated” New York Premiere

Lake Bell always looks so sexy, even when she’s not trying.

The actress smolders wearing a Narciso Rodriguez royal blue crepe dress with the trademark criss cross straps.

Her look is paired with Narciso Rodriguez black suede strap sandals, and bubblegum pink lips.

“Late Show With David Letterman”, New York

Rachel Weisz also opted for a pop of blue wearing this belted dress with flutter sleeves.

I love the look, but the peek-a-boo bra distracts me from loving this look.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Kate Mara In Dolce & Gabbana - 2014 Tony Awards

Kate Mara In Dolce & Gabbana – 2014 Tony Awards

Social Events Of The Week

Social Events Of The Week

17 Responses to Social Events Of The Week

1. Ally December 10, 2009 at 20:45 #

Victoria Beckham reminds me of a gameshow that was on when I was a kid…Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?!

America looks beautiful. I wish she would have been bold and chosen a color, but it is very flattering.

2. mm December 10, 2009 at 20:49 #

Love the colour of Rachel’s dress. I think Lilly Cole’s look is an inspiration form the movie. Her look reminds me of a custom or a pant suit that includes shoes LOL, her character in the movie is part of a traveling theatre troupe

3. Laura December 10, 2009 at 20:50 #

I don’t like Victoria’s look. It looks a little too much like it belongs in an action movie. I like America’s look. I think the black dress makes her body better than the color on the model would’ve.

I don’t like Lake’s pink lips, and I’m not sold on the shoes. But I like the dress a lot. The only thing about Rachel’s look that I don’t like is the bra. Double stick tape!

Lily looks like she’s modeling for a sexy Halloween costume catalogue.

4. mm December 10, 2009 at 20:57 #

I think Lilly Cole’s look is an inspiration form the movie. Her look reminds me of a costume or a pant suit that includes shoes, her character in the movie is part of a traveling theatre troupe

5. Mallory December 10, 2009 at 21:10 #

*giggle* VB reminds me of the character Carmen San Diego from the children’s show ‘Where in the World is Carmen San Diego’. I still like the look nonetheless.

• DM December 12, 2009 at 01:40 #

EXACTLY what i was thinking…

6. WendyB December 10, 2009 at 21:17 #

Posh’s hat brings the drama!

7. Dorian Gray December 10, 2009 at 21:41 #

I love VB and I love seeing her in this blog. I know your past FC and I alway hope that a certain blog could a day come back. You’re the 1 here and everywhere!

• Fashion Critic December 10, 2009 at 22:46 #

Thanks sweetie. I’m really touched

8. lee December 10, 2009 at 21:41 #

can i nominate lake bell for BDOTW? those pink lips were the perfect touch. and good hair choice. and great shoes.

9. Mel December 10, 2009 at 21:50 #

I’m sorry bue I relly don’t like Victoria, she reminds me to the Inspertor Gadget. My favorite was Rachel Weisz, that color looks amazing on her. i like America’s dress but I prefer it on Anna Paquin when she wore it back in august, I think she looked more sofisticated.

• mm December 11, 2009 at 05:06 #

LOL at the Inspector Gadget comment!

10. Mea December 10, 2009 at 22:17 #

Rachel is perfect! About the bra disfunction, I totally simpathize with her… Lily Cole suit would be pretty cool, but something doesn’t work.

• ella December 11, 2009 at 13:06 #

i dont think lilly cole pulls that suit off…..i really hate the look on her. looks better on the runway model.maybe it’s the shirt she chose to wear underneath.

11. claire December 11, 2009 at 00:57 #

it’s so funny how people stare at victoria beckham in gare du nord!! (honestly i would too :) )

love rachel weisz, she always looks great. it’s a shame about the bra but probably not intended

12. Danielle December 11, 2009 at 09:45 #

Lily Cole’s striped suit is from Jean Paul Gaultier couture Fall 2009.

• Fashion Critic December 11, 2009 at 11:04 #

thanks so much for the id :)