“Nine” LA Premiere

When I found out that some of the Best Dressed women in Hollywood would be appearing in a film together, I was sure we’d be drooling over their red carpet looks.

Unfortunately I haven’t been.

Penelope Cruz looked amazing at the London premiere, but this time she opted for a simple black L’Wren Scott Spring 2010 halter dress, with tights and black platform heels.

We know she can do much better than this.

Nicole Kidman walked the red carpet wearing a baby pink L’Wren Scott fitted dress.

The silhouette is very much what we’re used to seeing from Kidman and Scott’s designs, but on this occasion she added a lace capelet to try to make the look more interesting.

Kidman reverted back to kitten heels after teasing us with real heels at the London premiere.

Fergie was the sex kitten of the night wearing a overtly sexy Camilla and Marc “Caraletta” mini dress with t-bar heels.

Where is Marion Cotillard when you need some glamour?

This event was a big fail for me.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

2009 British Fashion Awards

2009 British Fashion Awards

Runway To Westfields - Rihanna In Chanel

Runway To Westfields – Rihanna In Chanel

24 Responses to “Nine” LA Premiere

1. SarahV December 10, 2009 at 12:34 #

Yikes, especially Nicole. She looks like an oversized barbiedoll!

2. Cleopatra December 10, 2009 at 12:42 #

i agree very uninspiring. I think after so many premiers they begin to get bored, lazy and probably very cold so they arent as into it anymore.

3. julia December 10, 2009 at 12:43 #

I totally agree with you…I don’t like any of the dresses….But I have to admit that I didn’t like Penelope’s London premieredress either…now everyone will hate me =)

• Stuti December 10, 2009 at 13:04 #

Am with you Julia. I thought that gown was somehow.. unfinished.
      So no hate from me. :)

• Bego December 10, 2009 at 13:30 #

i don’t hate you, i think more or less like you!

4. Stuti December 10, 2009 at 13:07 #

Penelope looks so uncomfortable in that dress. It’s so wretched seeing one stunning dress on Sarah and the other so plain, contrived, and boring. Both by the same designer.
    Nicole looks so twee here, posing like that. It’s putting me off. Am I very biased? :S
    And Fergie’s dress is sexy! I do think that the dress could maybe cover some more of her boobs, but it is still sexy! :D

5. Danika December 10, 2009 at 13:10 #

I think they all look beautiful, perhaps not glamorous, but they all choose dresses that show off their figures to great effect, especially Fergie. Nicole looks very feminine I love her hair like that.

6. Ana December 10, 2009 at 13:14 #

Among three of them Penelope, Nicole Kidman and Fergie I liked Nicole’s dress more and of course penelope can do better then this

7. jojo December 10, 2009 at 13:44 #

nicole in L’Wren Scott everytime, she have to meet victoria for talk about this problem ! they have the same , and i love what you said fc !?
    “Where is Marion Cotillard when you need some glamour?”
    i totally agree

• YSLGirl December 10, 2009 at 16:59 #

Except that Nicole has worn Alaia, Balenciaga, Lanvin and Prada for her last events. Do your research.

• YSLGirl December 10, 2009 at 16:59 #

Oh and Nina Ricci, too.

8. carina December 10, 2009 at 15:10 #

I agree! Fail! They all made so much effort in London, this is completely disappointing! Guess we should be flattered they went to so much effort in London! SSx

9. Lala/S-R December 10, 2009 at 15:34 #

You’re right, FC. *YAWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
    Fergie can do no wrong right now to me though.

10. mol December 10, 2009 at 15:35 #

Fergie looks sexy, Nicole looks like a (perhaps somewhat hot) grandma, and Penelope is just boring! Yes, I agree F.C., where is Marion????

11. YSLGirl December 10, 2009 at 16:58 #

This ‘press tour’ is turning out to be a great big disappointment. I did like Kate and Penélope’s London outfits, but I didn’t love them.

Nicole’s LA outfit seems to be the only one I’ve actually LOVED. Oh and Marion’s Isabel Marant dress on Oprah. But really, it has been disappointing.

Where the hell is Marion Cotillard when you actually DO need her? Kate Hudson?! Is there a limit to how many of the stars can actually attend the premieres?

12. Erin December 10, 2009 at 17:06 #

I totally agree with you. Nicole was the best dressed.

13. Amanda December 10, 2009 at 17:31 #

Okay… I love L’wren Scott as much as the next girl. Her dresses give women a great shape, but come on Nicole Kidman! Wear something else! This is Nicole Kidman we’re talking about. She used to be, in my opinion, the most stylish actress in the world. Everytime she stepped foot on the red carpet, I was always amazed, but ever since she discovered L’wren Scott, she’s been so BORING. Even her hair is awful nowadays. Does anyone else remember that Chanel gown she wore to the 2004 Oscars? My God, that gown is still one of the most beautiful gowns I’ve ever seen. She needs to go back to her old self, because this new L’wren Scott-loving Nicole just ain’t doing it for me. And Fergie’s dress looks really cheap and really amateur. This is not the first time she’s been on a red carpet, so why she is dressing like it is, I’ll never understand. Okay, I’m done venting now =)

• Fashion Critic December 10, 2009 at 17:45 #

Yes that Chanel gown was WOW

14. Aicha December 10, 2009 at 18:10 #

What I like the most about Nicole’s look is the smile on her face.

15. Laura December 10, 2009 at 19:37 #

If Penelope lost the tights and had a different colored shoe, I wouldn’t have minded the look. But as it is, it’s too black.

Nicole has the same problem. The dress, the shoes, the hair, the make-up, everything. It’s all one tone. Therefore, it all blends and nothing pops. The frilly top is the worst part of the look.

Fergie’s channeling her inner Amanda Bynes, and it’s definitely not working. She too needs some pop of color other than black. And Fergie, I’m glad you’re proud of your ladyhood, but there are classier ways to flaunt it.

Completely unimpressive.

16. Lou December 10, 2009 at 22:15 #

The colour of Nicole’s dress/outfit just washes her skin out. Dull-a-rama.

17. april December 11, 2009 at 10:14 #

Don’t like the bare legs on Nicole….too much white!!! And open shoe with this cold? Bah! Instead i like quite much Penlope an Fergie’s outifits!

18. Danielle December 11, 2009 at 17:22 #

I am not understanding Nicole Kidman, the color looks a little juvenile on her and its nothing new. The hair, the makeup, the mannequin-like expression, not getting it….The dress Fergie has on could have come from Rainbow and if you’ve been in that store you’ll know what I am talking about. The problem with Penelope’s dress is the proportions. she needs a thicker belt to bring the visual line back up and give it some interest

19. Kourtney December 30, 2009 at 03:11 #

Fergie = No neck monster!