09.12.09

Social Events Of The Week

Out & About, LA

Prior to her party in London this week, Victoria Beckham was spotted out in LA with her boys wearing a very cute colourful mini Julian J Smith Spring 2010 dress with her curly bob, and blue suede YSL Trib Two heels.

Julian J Smith is a British designer who presented his first collection during London Fashion Week back in September, now he has one of the most photographed women in the world wearing his designs.

What a huge honour for him.

Avatar Photo Call, Berlin

Actresses Sigourney Weaver and Zoe Saldana attend a photocall to promote their film ‘Avatar’ Berlin.

Sigourney looked sophisticated wearing a metallic cardigan paired with wide-legged pants, whilst Zoe opted to show off her stunning legs.

Zoe wore one of the cutest pieces from Andrew GN’s Spring 2010 collection.

I love the crocheted top with a ruffled collar and black patent bow accent which complements her mini black satin skirt.

The look is teamed with a pair of beige Serigo Rossi platform heels.

BDOTW contender.

VEVO Launches Premiere Destination for Premium Music Video, New York

Lady GaGa donned an ethereal Valentino Spring 2010 dove grey strapless gown which looks like mounds of material wrapped around her tiny frame.

I love the dress, but she wears it too low down, and it gives her a look of having droopy boobs.

Even though many are over the bold shoulder trend Rihanna is still championing the look.

It seems like she just can’t get enough of spikey pieces either.

First rings, then dresses, now shoes which she pairs with her Alexandre Vauthier Spring 2009 Couture look which included a black jumpsuit, gold belt and cropped jacket look.

Ciara is such a lovely girl, with an amazing figure.

Her gold dress is outstanding, as it hugs that super toned body I’m so jealous of.

What I’m not jealous of are those red Louboutin thigh high heels.  They are cringe-worthy to say the least.

“The Lovely Bones” LA Premiere

Rachel Weisz looked so incredibly pretty wearing a baby blue strapless heavenly Valentino dress with silver platforms and a matching clutch.

Some might of opted for a neutral lip colour, but Rachel was bold enough to wear this floaty dress with bright red lips.

Credit: Style.com, Vogue, Bauer Griffin & Wireimage

Lake Bell In Opening Ceremony & Magritte -  Jimmy Kimmel Live

Lake Bell In Opening Ceremony & Magritte – Jimmy Kimmel Live

2009 British Fashion Awards

2009 British Fashion Awards

34 Responses to Social Events Of The Week

1. Mallory December 9, 2009 at 18:13 #

I love that Victoria seemingly modified her Julian J Smith dress to exclude the blue band at the bottom. The dress looks more free and casual… because we all know Victoria is veeery free and casual.

As of late, every time I see Rihanna, I see a 16 year old girl (with a large bank account) screaming for attention. I remain unimpressed.

2. Jennifer December 9, 2009 at 18:16 #

I am incredibly sad that you did not feature Saoirse Ronan when looking at Rachel at the Lovely Bones premiere. I loved her all gold look, and for me is age appropriate and she for me was a BDOTW contendor. :( Granted, you could disagree FC. But if you could feature her, I’d appreciate it!

• Marvel December 9, 2009 at 18:36 #

Agree, Saoirse does look graceful
      Rachel is wearing Valentino drss with Tiffany & Co jewels and Roger Vivier shoes with a Judith Leiber clutch

3. Dora December 9, 2009 at 18:38 #

I love VB’s look Good to see her wearing some color ( I would kill to have legs like her!)

I’m not sure whether I’d vote for her but she ‘s worth to be included

LAdy Gaga look is just so awful! Really, that dress, make-up, wig, …

RIhanna’s look is not working for me

Ciara, I love the dress, I love the boots, I just DON’T love the combination.

Rachel, the hair ruins the look.

• Jennifer December 9, 2009 at 18:56 #

I agree on the hair for Rachel. Had she pulled it back in a neat low bun, it would have shown off the neckline of her dress more, and would have looked much neater.

4. JMC December 9, 2009 at 19:00 #

Hey… thanks so much for your comment letting me know about Victoria’s dress. I absolutely loved it! One of my fave looks of the year.

She needs to wear more colorful pieces often. They look great on her!

Thanks again!

• Fashion Critic December 9, 2009 at 19:00 #

I agree more colour Mrs Beckham please

5. Ally December 9, 2009 at 19:52 #

I had never heard of Julian Smith, but I hope we can expect more from him. I love the look on Victoria and am always happy when she decides to wear something colorful (even if it is University of Virginia colors :-P).

Am I the only one that thinks that Lady Gaga kind of looks like Brittnay Murphy here? I had never noticed that before.

• molly December 9, 2009 at 23:08 #

Yes!! She DOES look like Brittany Murphy! I’d been trying to put my finger on it. But Brittany Murphy from the Clueless era before she had the work done on her face.

• denise December 10, 2009 at 04:32 #

Yeah, I thought she looked like someone familiar, but I couldn’t remember who! Now I agree with you.

6. Jessica December 9, 2009 at 19:57 #

Loving VB’s style but is anyone else as fed up with Rihanna’s hair do as me?

I think she looks better as a brunette

• lici_u December 10, 2009 at 11:04 #

Yes me! I think Rihanna is trying to start a new life with new haircolor, but I don`t that it works for her, sadly enough…. But I LOVE Victoria´s curly hair, I really do! She´s Aries like me and I even thougt it would fit me too, perhaps. I went really WOW when I saw her first time like this. Honestly.

• lici_u December 10, 2009 at 11:06 #

..I don´t think that it works…

7. jojo December 9, 2009 at 20:09 #

rihanna wear’s Alexander Vaultier suit

• Fashion Critic December 9, 2009 at 20:50 #

thanks so much for the id

8. Vera December 9, 2009 at 20:11 #

Rachel!

I love this Valentino collection.

9. mol December 9, 2009 at 20:20 #

Victoria stripped Julian Smith’s dress down to its beautiful bare essentials and she looks awesome, love Zoe too….but I don’t like Rachel in this Valentino number – its cute and flirty but somehow not working on her, somethings amiss, maybe it’s too short for her…..

10. Dorian Gray December 9, 2009 at 20:28 #

VB deserves BDOTW! She’s so fresh and new in this dress.

• Anastasia December 10, 2009 at 07:56 #

Agree! VB – BDOTW contender!!

11. justme December 9, 2009 at 21:00 #

I’m in love with Zoe’s look. I wasn’t sure about the beige heels at first but they grew on me. So far, she’s the one I’m voting for BDOTW.

It’s not the Valentino dress, Lady Gaga’s boobs aren’t the perkiest :( That’s why imo she should avoid going braless. That being said, her style has grown on me.

12. kelly December 9, 2009 at 21:27 #

I love what Rachel is wearing, she looks great.

13. amelia December 9, 2009 at 21:44 #

missing the wow factor from Rachel Weisz

14. Laura December 9, 2009 at 21:44 #

Rachel for BDOTW!
    love the dress, the color., her make up…

15. Melissa December 9, 2009 at 23:53 #

Do you know what Saoirse Ronan was wearing at the Lovely Bones LA premiere?

16. Jessica December 10, 2009 at 00:21 #

Zoe looks so gorgeous! BDOTW for sure!

17. YSLGirl December 10, 2009 at 00:31 #

Victoria still does nothing for me. She could wear couture and still command zero personality.

Zoe is BD worthy, of course. As is Rachel. I was wondering about her Valentino dress. Was it a modified or custon-made dress for her? The dress looks similar to the floaty Spring 2010 pieces, but it’s not in the collection.

18. la poubelle December 10, 2009 at 02:28 #

FC i think VB has answered all my dreams.
    not much mention for zoe, she always rocks it!
    lady gaga looks like she’s playing dress up.
    i’m actually loving the self-restraint rihanna must’ve gone through to not ott his look…not bad.
    ciara’s dress doesn’t look that bad without the shoes.
    rachel looks great but i think she’s been hanging out with kate hudson

19. Laura December 10, 2009 at 02:52 #

On anyone else, that dress would look way too nice for street clothes. But it looks fab for Victoria. I love how she has a unique style that she sticks to but is still stylish.

Sigourneys jacket, shirt, and maybe a poor bra choice make her boob sag terribly. Zoe on the other hand is sophisticated cute.

Lady Gaga is so into her persona, I can’t criticize her looks, even though on anyone else I’d say it’s a terrible fit. The only time I’ll criticize Gaga is if she ever gets boring.

Rihanna’s hair is so distracting, as are Ciara’s boots. It’s hard to comment on their looks when they distract me with hideousness.

I love Rachel’s look. The color, the lips. All works for me. It would be an easy BDOTW contender for me, except I don’t like the hair. Her hair is so long; it should be pulled back so that it doesn’t run into the dress. It should compliment not clash with the dress.

20. Claudia December 10, 2009 at 03:22 #

Ciara’s dress is Camilla and Marc, one of my faves!

• Fashion Critic December 10, 2009 at 08:44 #

thanks

21. ahot December 10, 2009 at 09:30 #

Love Rihana here, only she can get away with this. Scary shoes though
    VB surely knows how to tease us!

22. ella December 10, 2009 at 10:00 #

VB looks fresh in this mini – some colour at last….my only complain are her trib twos.so tired of seeing them over and over again!

Zoe is perfection …. i love that the beige heels are unpredictable and yet works well with her outfit.
    Sigourney Weaver reminds me of Mrs “O” – her cardigan….she looks so effortlessly chic.

Rihanna on the other hand is a bit too OTT….is she obsessed with spikes? *shakes head*

23. Dora December 10, 2009 at 12:22 #

You can see the full Spring/Summer RTW collection by Julian J Smith here http://www.vogue.co.uk/fashion/show.aspx/full-length-photos/id,8493#
    It will no surprise if we see more pieces of his collection if you ask me.

24. antoneLLina December 10, 2009 at 22:29 #

zoe i love you!!!!!!!!!!!! BDOTW PLEASE!