08.12.09

The British Independent Film Awards

Carey Mulligan has yet to put a foot wrong on the red carpet.

This red Bottega Veneta Spring 2010 looks simple yet still chic on the young actress, who won Actress of the Year at this event.

Her look is paired with Sergio Rossi black stamped suede gladiators heels, and black Bottega Veneta origami patent clutch.

I’ve been missing a lot of drama from Eva Green recently.

She doesn’t disappoint on this occasion, as she wore this ultra dramatic red and black feather print Alexander McQueen cowl neck gown.

This is a head turning look, which the actress amps up with smokey eyes, tousled bed hair and a bold lip colour.

Definitely a contender for BDOTW.

Gemma Arterton didn’t get the “red” memo, as she opted for a classic LBD with a twist.

The twist was the poufy shoulders.

The dress fails to excite, but I love the hair and make-up.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Who Wore Chanel Better? Isabel Lucas or Anna Mouglalis

Who Wore Chanel Better? Isabel Lucas or Anna Mouglalis

Runway To "Race" Broadway Opening Night - Kerry Washington In Marchesa

Runway To “Race” Broadway Opening Night – Kerry Washington In Marchesa

9 Responses to The British Independent Film Awards

1. Lee-Shay December 8, 2009 at 10:37 #

Wow, Eva is definitely my bdotw so far. She’s gorgeous.

2. justme December 8, 2009 at 12:11 #

It’s the 1st time like EVER that I like something Eva Green is wearing.

3. LeeAnn December 8, 2009 at 12:49 #

I love the Bottega dress on Carey but the shoes are wrong-it is a dress that needs toughening which these shoes do not do

4. Pen Pen December 8, 2009 at 13:14 #

I love Carey … too cute … she always reminds me of Ginnifer Goodwin, it’s a like a fresh air on the red carpet every time I see those two <3

5. mm December 8, 2009 at 14:57 #

Love Carey’s shoes! I like the relaxed but chic look of this dress. I am so glad she didnt over accessorize this look.

6. Laura December 8, 2009 at 15:47 #

Carey’s pose doesn’t work well with the outfit. If her head was up, and in a Posh Spice “regal but fierce” pose it would’ve worked better. Also, I’m not liking the shoes.

Eva’s my favorite of the week so far. It’s a fierce McQueen gown and she’s working it fiercely.

Gemma has the attitude and everything for this dress. But you’re right, it does fail to ignite. She needs a pop of color, in the shoes or some other accessory. But the all black makes it a dud.

7. mol December 8, 2009 at 18:10 #

I love Carey’s dress and shoes (and her purse and ring), just wish she had added a neck piece of some kind….but she is so pretty in this look. Eva Green is gorg too, just a feeling of the dress being a little too tight around the hips, maybe it’s just the photo?

8. MatteaAM December 8, 2009 at 18:51 #

I think Eva should definitely be up for BDOTW.
    I love her. And that dress. And her in that dress.
    She looks simply amazing.

xD

9. Louise December 9, 2009 at 09:18 #

Carey Mulligan is my new favourite starlet. Edgy, pretty, original.
    Eva is stunningly beautiful. Look at her figure … WOW.