Runway To “Race” Broadway Opening Night – Kerry Washington In Marchesa

It’s colourful.

It’s pink.

It’s embellished.

It’s Marchesa.

It’s gorgeous…so of course I’m in love.

At the Broadway Opening Night for “Race” Kerry Washington wore a cute Marchesa Spring 2010 pink duchess satin draped cocktail dress with a stunning embroidered bodice.

I hope those of you who think she’s boring will finally at least like this look.

I would’ve loved to have seen this look with all her hair back, other than that she looks amazing.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

The British Independent Film Awards

The British Independent Film Awards

Just Arrived @ Net-A-Porter.com - Victoria's Beckham's Peplum Mini Dress

Just Arrived @ Net-A-Porter.com – Victoria’s Beckham’s Peplum Mini Dress

16 Responses to Runway To “Race” Broadway Opening Night – Kerry Washington In Marchesa

1. YSLGirl December 8, 2009 at 12:17 #

She’s still boring to me because she chose Marchesa, which is always a safe option on the red carpet (except for Rihanna’s AMA look of course).

2. ella December 8, 2009 at 12:54 #

WOW…….! she looks great, and i dont think she’s ever boring.she always delivers, and definately, this time too.

3. alyss December 8, 2009 at 13:16 #

Not a good look at all in my opinion. I just hate the dress. Marchesa or not- it looks incredibly tacky.

• SarahV December 8, 2009 at 14:06 #

I agree. I think it’s partly due to the colour of this dress… I just don’t like it.

4. FashionLover December 8, 2009 at 13:19 #

and she was boring too because she wore that oh so boring Louis Vuitton dress at the Met Gala…oh cmon she is anything but boring,She has excellent taste and I have not seen her stuck on one silhouette like ever…where is this boring thing coming from?

I think the dress is gorg,but i agree the hair I am not a fan of!

• Fashion Critic December 8, 2009 at 13:21 #

I’m with you FashionLover. She’s far from boring. I don’t get why people think she is.

• YSLGirl December 8, 2009 at 15:45 #

She was at the MET Gala, of course she was going to choose something out of the ordinary.

I take it back. I don’t think she’s boring, she’s just OK. I’ve never really taken much notice of her style. I did like that Fendi dress that she wore recently, though.

5. SkirtTheIssue December 8, 2009 at 13:35 #

So pretty!

6. amelia December 8, 2009 at 13:49 #

totally agree, she’s never boring, and she’s a long way from ever looking tacky, especially on this occasion… personally, I think she looks perfect :)

7. mm December 8, 2009 at 14:55 #

Kerry is not boring. She always looks beautiful, feminine and sophisticated. I love her style. I love the color of this dress. I am not feeling the hair.

8. Laura December 8, 2009 at 15:51 #

I like the structure of the look, and I like the shoes.

I don’t like the hair and make up at all.

I also don’t like the pink color. I don’t think that color works on a lot of people, and she definitely isn’t one of them. Royal blue would’ve given the look a more age-appropriate and flattering drama.

9. Elaine December 8, 2009 at 17:56 #

The dress looks great on her gorgeous tan skin. She actually carried the dress better than the model did!

10. Mischa December 8, 2009 at 19:31 #

Contender for BDOTW perhaps? The colour is divine on her!

11. Leelah December 9, 2009 at 01:18 #

She is hardly boring, I love this look on her – STUNNING.
    On a barbie blonde actress/model this would look tacky but it looks gorgeous on her.
    Hopefully a BDOTW contender

12. Kim December 9, 2009 at 02:45 #

FC, you got your wish. I am usually one that thinks she is a bit boring or off but this is pretty cute.

13. SydneyCheapChic December 10, 2009 at 12:57 #

Ooo love this! the pink is beautiful on her skin! I’ve been a fan of her style for awhile now.. ever since that gorgeous yellow oscar de la renta dress