The Liverpool Style Awards 2009

In the US you know a trend has died when Heidi Montag starts wearing it, in the UK we have WAGS.

Alex Curran is a WAG to Liverpool and England footballer Steven Gerrard.

She would rank #2 in the world of WAGs after Colleen Rooney.

Here she has opted for a head-to-toe Balmain Fall 2009 look including a blue blouse accented with a crystal bow,  a leather quilted skirt, and buckle boots from the same collection.

From my break down on Shop Her Closet her look comes to a total of £8,205.

I hate to admit it, but I don’t hate her look

New WAG on the block is Amanda Harrington, girlfriend of Manchester City’s Joey Barton.

She arrived wearing frightful hair and make-up with her Temperley London Alexandria embellished silk tunic.

The bordeaux silk tunic has a beautiful gold and black detail on the yoke and fly away short sleeves.

Her tunic was paired with “Pretty Woman” style thigh-high boots.

Tragic.

Former actress Sheree Murphy is the wife of Harry Kewell who plays for Galatasaray and Australia.

She wore a Luella corseted jacquard mini dress which has to be my favourite look of all these girls.

She’s the only one who doesn’t appear to be trying too hard, and her metallic jacquard mini dress is adorable.

The WAG paired her dress with YSL Trib Two’s.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Runway To X Factor Week 9  - Cheryl Cole In Chapurin & Stéphane Rolland

Runway To X Factor Week 9 – Cheryl Cole In Chapurin & Stéphane Rolland

Chanel Pre Fall 2010

Chanel Pre Fall 2010

15 Responses to The Liverpool Style Awards 2009

1. WendyB December 7, 2009 at 12:09 #

I kind of like the crazy hair on one of them…

2. Evangeline December 7, 2009 at 12:24 #

Amanda Harrington I’m breathless!… not in a good way. In a freaking out and hyperventilating kinda way! Her look PAINS my eyes. The tunic by itself is cute but that styling WOWZA!!! Clearly she doesn’t know where to stop.

BTW quick Question FC…
    What ever happened to Elanore? I haven’t seem any posts from her recently….

• easyblake December 7, 2009 at 16:41 #

LOL @ “pains my eyes”. You can physically feel the offense. This about does it for me, too.

3. YSLGirl December 7, 2009 at 12:27 #

I really dislike people like Alex who just follow trends. It’s a shame she’s about 5 months late! No sense of style whatsoever.

“Edgy, you know, that’s like so trendy now, y’know what a mean?”

I agree that Sheree isn’t trying too hard. I believe Alexa Chung wore that, too. I prefer it on Sheree, surprisingly.

4. Leo December 7, 2009 at 12:46 #

How ironic that this was the “style” awards. This ladies are tragic.

• la poubelle December 7, 2009 at 19:35 #

liverpool style awards means anyone with a footballer or in coronation street

5. adrien December 7, 2009 at 13:31 #

OMG I had to laugh when I saw Amanda Harrington!!!
    Let’s talk about trying way too hard!
    Alex Curran looks good, I would have prefered some other shoes on a red carpet though… This skirt is to die for IMO!
    Sheree Murphy looks ok… i m getting bored with those bustier dresses actually.

6. Sarah December 7, 2009 at 14:37 #

I thought that VB was the reigning WAG/at the top of the WAG heap. Have i been misinformed this whole time?

• Elaine December 8, 2009 at 07:02 #

Except she actually has style and doesn’t make things look tacky.

• Jess December 8, 2009 at 17:27 #

that’s debatable!

• Elaine December 9, 2009 at 05:39 #

Well she’s designing clothes that a ton of celebrities and women are wearing and these beautiful women are condemned by many as having style =P

7. Katie December 7, 2009 at 16:57 #

Sheree Murphy looks cute.
    Alex and Amanda… just tragic and trashy

8. robbie December 7, 2009 at 17:04 #

wow liverpool style awards yet they are all tragically tacky looking. another person to wear balmain and make it looks cheap.

alex though just goes to prove just because you spend thousands on an outfit doesnt mean you will look good.

9. justme December 7, 2009 at 17:48 #

Alex and Amanda need to handle their hair and makeup situation. NOT CUTE.

10. Matt December 7, 2009 at 19:22 #

I don’t know much about WAGS but why is it so easy to spot one just by their choice of clothing. Ugh! they look like Mayonnaise and cat food.