04.12.09

Social Events Of The Week

“Friday Night with Jonathan Ross” London

Reese Witherspoon was in London this week to meet MPs at London’s House of Commons to talk about domestic violence issues, as part of her role as honorary chairwoman of the Avon Foundation.

Whilst in London she took time out to visit the “Jonathan Ross Show” which is tape on Thursday but aired on Friday.

Her lace dress could be a modified dress from Stella McCartney’s Resort 2010 collection, which she pairs with bold red lipstick and cute Stella McCartney mesh heels.

She’s glowing here. I just love this look.

“The Young Victoria” Los Angeles Premiere

Emily Blunt wears a short and sassy black and white print flutter sleeved Marchesa dress.

The black ribbon is a nice touch, the tights I can live with but I’m not so crazy about her heels.

“Invictus” LA Premiere

I love the texture of Michelle Monaghan’s silver one-shoulder RM by Roland Mouret dress.

The voluminous hips are flattering rather than disguising, and I love her accessories including her Diego Dolcini heels and statement necklace which really brings this look to life.

BAM Belle Reve Gala With A Performance Of A Streetcar Named Desire, New York

Cate Blanchett opted for a grey strapless Armani Prive dress with a lace overlay, paired with black pumps.

Even without the wow factor, Cate still looks great.

I would kill for those stunning earrings.

19th Annual Beat The Odds Awards, LA

Zoe Saldana plays is safe wearing a navy blue Alaia dress paired with a Alaia belt and black pumps.

This is a tad boring for me.

BBC 2 Gig, London

Immigration clearly didn’t get my memo.

Leona Lewis wearing corsets with everything is just not funny anymore.

The girl needs an intervention.

Credit: Rex Features, London Features & Bauer Griffin

Kerry Washington In Sportmax - Women In Film 2014 Crystal + Lucy Awards

Kerry Washington In Sportmax – Women In Film 2014 Crystal + Lucy Awards

Runway To "Race" Broadway Opening Night - Kerry Washington In Marchesa

Runway To “Race” Broadway Opening Night – Kerry Washington In Marchesa

31 Responses to Social Events Of The Week

1. Sophie Peters December 4, 2009 at 16:06 #

I agree about the corset belt thing!! It’s bloody outrageous that she always wears them. Does anyone know who Leona Lewis’ stylist is? Someone needs to have words with her/him – it’s no joke anymore!!! xx

2. kiran sooknandan December 4, 2009 at 16:17 #

emily is wearing marchesa

3. Stuti December 4, 2009 at 16:18 #

Oh Cate, kill me now. Kill me right now. You are too
    gorgeous for words.
    Reese for BDOTW!
    Michelle too. :D
    Am needy. :P

4. S December 4, 2009 at 16:19 #

I’m surprised you think Zoe’s dress is boring because at first I thought it was the same Azzedine Alaia dress you have currently on the wishlist but in a different color…

• molly December 4, 2009 at 17:42 #

I think she looks gorgeous and classy – not even a little boring. FC, you on just on a self-professed color hunt this week! The dress is beautiful, lots of gorgeous details, and Zoe wears it well. Black pumps, well OK – a touch boring, but they work with the look and flatter her legs. (They could be ankle boots, after all!)

5. Alexis December 4, 2009 at 16:19 #

Renee Witherspoon looks really beautiful here…;)

Emily Blunt’s picture is really funny…i had to look at it closely to see that her hair is okay..there’s a plant behind her head…which makes it seem like she has tentacle hair!

6. Nicola December 4, 2009 at 16:27 #

Fashion Critic, I think you need to be the one to intervene with Leona! Get in touch, give her some help and suggestions!

PS – Reese, wow!!

7. Jennifer December 4, 2009 at 16:31 #

I’m glad you didn’t cover Mr. and Mrs. Boring who were at the premier of “Invictus” as well. Angelina’s hair and make up were quite scary, let alone what she wore.

I love Cate… Long may the Queen reign.

And Reese is just adorable. I don’t know if I like the modified dress top from the Resort collection, because it doesn’t have the same clean crisp lines, but Reese works it well and thus is adorable.

• Fashion Critic December 4, 2009 at 16:53 #

Oh hell no to Mr & Mrs Bland-a-linga.

I’m so over them two.

• Jennifer December 4, 2009 at 17:03 #

Me too. I laughed out loud when I read your reply. My students gave me a weird look, so you’ve helped them cement in their heads that I’m crazy. Way to go FC :)

8. mm December 4, 2009 at 16:32 #

Reese looks so beautiful! I have been on everyone’s hair today, and I must say her hair is gorgeous so flaxen. Cate so elegant as usual.

LOL a corset intervention, LOL!

9. Matt December 4, 2009 at 16:32 #

Oh leona…that’s all

10. Naama December 4, 2009 at 16:50 #

About Emily – I really love her, and the dress is beautiful but I still feel the look is trashy rather than classy.

About Leona – agree it’s not funny anymore but to me this is one of her only looks since the corset obsession began where it actually adds something. Most of the time it looks really, really, out of place.

11. justme December 4, 2009 at 17:02 #

What kills me the most is that those corset belts actually look like the same one to me lol. Can she throw some color in the mix?
    *sigh* Leona, like I said last time, either take your behind to the gym or embrace your body.

12. JB December 4, 2009 at 17:11 #

Honestly, it totally is getting annoying, Leona.

I cannot handle it anymore. Does she not have friends? Does she not say, hmm, I wore this 64 days in a row and I get photographed all the time… I probably shouldn’t wear it again….

Terrible. I’m slightly angry.

13. ZzaRaZza December 4, 2009 at 17:26 #

Precious Cate, please fix your hair, otherwise you’re as goddessy as ever.

P.S. Reese looks fantastic, gorgeous!

14. mol December 4, 2009 at 17:31 #

I absolutely love everything about Zoe’s look – the dress, the belt, the earrings, the make-up, everything!

15. Ally December 4, 2009 at 17:38 #

Seirously, Leona, stop trying to make corset belts happen.

Reese looks lovely! BDOTW contender for sure.

Loooove Michelle’s makeup.

16. Erin December 4, 2009 at 17:38 #

Reese looks great! Her fake-up with Jake suits her well. Love Cate’s dress too. Maybe Leona is just trying to show off her new slimmer figure? It is very strange though!

17. Tragic December 4, 2009 at 19:39 #

Oh, why do I love Cate Blanchett so much ? Never too little, never borring even when it is safe, and she look so fawless. That’s why ? Yeah. Plus the fact that she’s an incredible actress.

But seriously, I can’t put an age on her face. In the most wonderull way.

Anyway, right, those earings ! I’m getting back to loving huge earings.

I’m a little disappointed by Zoe Saldana. She always look perfect, but now, it’s getting borring : the hair, the dress, I feel like I already saw that before.

18. nicole December 4, 2009 at 21:13 #

seriously leona??!?! someone needs to def plan an intervention or just hide all those ugly corsettes

19. Flutterbang December 5, 2009 at 04:13 #

I’m starting to wonder if there’s another reason by Leona’s corset obsession, perhaps an underlying back problem? I have a really bad back and I know that wearing a corset supports it amazingly and helps a lot…or maybe she’s just OBSESSED :S

20. Sarah December 5, 2009 at 06:49 #

Is there ever a MEDICAL REASON that someone would need to wear a corset every day?

• fleurdelis December 8, 2009 at 05:28 #

haha i thought the exact same thing

21. Lily December 5, 2009 at 09:54 #

The pumps Reese is wearing are by Stella McCartney. They’re the mesh pumps, which is on the Neiman Marcus website :)

• Fashion Critic December 5, 2009 at 23:13 #

thanks

• Lily December 7, 2009 at 04:54 #

No problem

22. eighty December 5, 2009 at 19:10 #

I think she’s doing it to piss us off now (leona)

23. Maddy December 5, 2009 at 19:50 #

Leona just performed on a German TV show. Guess what she wore?
    A white Vivienne Westwood dress, a corset belt and possibly even ankle boot (couldn’t see them properly)…
    *sigh*

• Fashion Critic December 5, 2009 at 23:11 #

sounds so very tragic…yet I can’t wait to see the pictures ;)

24. Cleopatra December 6, 2009 at 11:18 #

omg you killed me with your leona comment. i laughed so hard lol! im not sure whats wrong with her. does she have a stylist or has she gone rogue?