04.12.09

Grammy Nominations Concert Live!

Jennifer Nettles looked stunning as usual wearing a Yigal Azrouël Resort 2010 red one-sleeved silk shantung dress, which I think would’ve looked even better if it was sleeveless.

A contrasting belt and clutch, plus fuschia pink Christian Louboutin Very Galaxy peep-toes complete the look.

Keri Hilson continues her slide.

This houndstooth and striped Stella McCartney knit dress with lace panels shouldn’t have been considered as a red carpet dress.

She used to be so fierce on the red carpet.

Maybe she should do what Rihanna did and come to London and discover some new designers, because she’s clearly run out of ideas.

Fergie looks gorgeous in this one shoulder dress covered in ombre sequins by The Blonds, which has the same spike details as the dress Rihanna wore recently.

I love the dress, but those spikes are just plain scary.

When I go out I have enough to worry about when it comes to scuffing my shoes, I don’t want to have to worry about poking my eyes out as well.

Katy Perry wore an embroidered Ema Savahl dress with a sassy hemline.

By keeping her accessories to a minimum she didn’t overload her look.

Lilac Casadei heels completed the look.

Credit: Style.com & Bauer Griffin

17th Malaga Film Festival 2014 Opening Ceremony Red Carpet Roundup

17th Malaga Film Festival 2014 Opening Ceremony Red Carpet Roundup

KIIS FM’s Jingle Ball 2009

KIIS FM’s Jingle Ball 2009

17 Responses to Grammy Nominations Concert Live!

1. Terry December 4, 2009 at 12:09 #

Katy’s pumps are by Casadei.

• Fashion Critic December 4, 2009 at 12:17 #

thanks to my Shoe Queen

2. Nikki L December 4, 2009 at 12:16 #

I’m in love with Katy Perry’s dress. I love the stitched design.

3. mol December 4, 2009 at 12:29 #

The sleeve detail completely flops in Jennifer Nettles dress, everything else is good though.

I love the colors of Fergie’s dress and the cool gloves she’s wearing but, unless she’s on stage performing, the spikes are too much for me.

Katy looks great, maybe the cut of her dress is just a little low on the boob front., but love the design.

4. Linda December 4, 2009 at 13:05 #

Katy looks nice except that the bodice of the dress looks too small. I always get put off by that because it looks like the dress needs to be pulled up and it throws off the silouhette.

• Ally December 4, 2009 at 13:33 #

Completely agree. She probably has her hands on her hips to keep the dress from slipping. Such a pretty dress too.

I don’t know if it the angle the pictures were taken or her makeup, but Fergie barely looks like herself here.

5. mm December 4, 2009 at 13:09 #

Fergie wins for me. Mostly because i love her hair with this look. She looks gorgeous. Katy looks gorgeous as well love her look also. I totally agree with you FC, Keri is running out of ideas. I was disappointed with this look. Total look is boring. I dont think she has decided on her style direction yet. And because her live performances are not great, she is a better song writer than performer, she needs to get on her fashion grind with the quickness.

• claire December 4, 2009 at 18:25 #

agree about fergie’hair. i hate it when she has it split in the middle or tightly pulled back because it makes her face look weird.
      here her face looks softer. the spikes on the outfit are too much though, IMO

6. justme December 4, 2009 at 13:09 #

Dark hair was the best thing that could’ve happened to Fergie. I used to think she was… really really not cute but now I don’t know. She seems classier, less Fergie-Ferg and I love it.
    You’re not the only one scared by those spikes FC, you see how far away Fergie is pushing her shoulder lol.

At one point, I’m gonna need Katy to go easy on her makeup. Lovely dress though.

7. Jennifer December 4, 2009 at 13:35 #

Katie’s twins are squished majorly which ruins this look for me.

Fergie’s dress I’ve basically seen before, and while she looks good in it, it’s a meh dress for me.

That sleeve on Jennifer Nettles dress kills it for me too.

And houndstooth on the red carpet? Unless it’s Dita, it doesn’t work for me.

8. YSLGirl December 4, 2009 at 13:58 #

I think Jennifer Nettles looks AWFUL. The hair, the creased sleeve and I hate red dresses with red shoes. It’s just so matchy-matchy to me.

I thought Keri was Solange Knowles!

9. ~abi~ December 4, 2009 at 16:41 #

looove katy perry here!!!!!

10. nav December 4, 2009 at 18:54 #

Katy Perry’s dress is by Ema Savagl– I have it in a similar design. :)

• Fashion Critic December 4, 2009 at 19:15 #

11. Mme December 5, 2009 at 00:51 #

Katy Perry’s dress is by Ema Savahl and that design has been done in several color combinations including black and gold, black and silver and orange cream ombre

• Fashion Critic December 5, 2009 at 00:58 #

thanks

12. Lala/S-R December 5, 2009 at 21:32 #

OMG, FC, I can’t believe you used the word, ” fierce”. It is the most over-used in the history of words used in the English language. LOL
    Fergie is wowing me more and more. Rihanna’s outfit was SPIKE OVERKILL. This is how you do it Rihanna. Lesson learned.
    Katy looks like…like Katy. It’s cute but I’ve seen it on her before.