Celebrities Love… Ankle Boots

What is it with celebs and their ankle boots these days?

Don’t get me wrong, I think their fab. But really, for the red carpet?

Especially when wore with a short dress, these boots do a girl’s legs no favour (take note, Leona and Lo).

Ankle boots make the legs appear shorter than they actually are so opt for something more delicate for optimum height.

Nobody wants to appear to have cankles.

I know that Alexa is adored for her tom-boy style, but I’d love to see her in something more feminine on the red carpet.

I love the rock chick look but there’s a time and a place.

A great pair of ankle boots should be worn with jeans or leggings not a gorgeous dress.

Bring back some glamour and sophistication to the red carpet and leave those ankle boots at home ladies!

We did our best to find some ankle boots for every budget. See what you think.

ASOS Apple Elastic Side Patent Ankle Boot £35
Topshop AGGIE Metal Heel Boot £80
Nicholas Kirkwood Suede Ankle Boots £665

Credit: Bauer Griffin & Zuma Press

"Nine" London Premiere

“Nine” London Premiere

In Keri Hilson's Closet - Stella McCartney Houndstooth Knit Dress

In Keri Hilson’s Closet – Stella McCartney Houndstooth Knit Dress

7 Responses to Celebrities Love… Ankle Boots

1. B December 4, 2009 at 11:29 #

Seriously, those ankle boots with Leona’s dress (and corset-belt… *siiiigh*) are so unflattering.

Thanks for pointing out those ASOS ankle boots! Although predictably I like the £665 ones best of the three…damn budget.

• Fashion Critic December 4, 2009 at 11:42 #

LOL it’s always the way :)

2. Stuti December 4, 2009 at 13:33 #

Meh. I am still not buying the ankle boots trend. I think they are hideous.
    Also, why would I want to buy Nicholas Kirkwood ankle boots if I can have their delicious edgy sandals?

3. Leo December 4, 2009 at 13:33 #

Hey nice to see the prices are back! =) They had disappeared so far!! So funnier to drool over a dress and know whether or not to put it in the good ol’ wish-list or on the fantasy-only-list!! “Damn Budget” that’s the word!!
    Though…with or without the price tag, keep loooving the site!! =)

• Fashion Critic December 4, 2009 at 13:46 #

awww thanks Leo

4. Lala/S-R December 5, 2009 at 21:34 #

So, guess what I heard, FC? Topshop is making its way to Toronto very shortly!!!! I’m so excited. I can’t wait!!! I found a new use for my tuition moneyyyyyy!!!! Yeahhhhhh

• Fashion Critic December 5, 2009 at 23:11 #