Who Wore Alexander McQueen Better? Penelope Cruz or Dita von Teese

At the close of the New York Film Festival Spanish film director Pedro Almodovar and Spanish actress Penelope Cruz posed for the media for present ‘Los Abrazos Rotos’ (‘Broken Embraces’).

Penelope wore a Alexander McQueen houndstooth pencil dress with satin black pumps and accessorized with sunglasses which helped show off her cleavage.

Dita von Teese wore the same dress this weekend when she signed copies of her new book “Dita Striptease” at Waterstone’s in Piccadilly, London.

She star wore her cowl-neck dress with t-bar Louboutin’s and accessorized with a black brooch shaped like a hand.

This McQueen dress has a modern take on this classic forties style, which is classic Dita.

The dress looks like it was made for Dita so she wins for me.

This dress is available to purchase from Saks.com and Net-A-Porter.

Credit: Zuma Press & Wireimage

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney - The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney – The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

Who Wore Herve Leger Better? Jennifer Lopez or Shakira

Who Wore Herve Leger Better? Jennifer Lopez or Shakira

10 Responses to Who Wore Alexander McQueen Better? Penelope Cruz or Dita von Teese

1. StyleScrybe December 3, 2009 at 08:18 #

Dita wins… hands down. The brooch… the T-strap pumps… the red lips and wavy hair like something out of the 40′s… she was giving a LOOK. Penelope just wore a dress… (though I dig Penelope in general).

• lisa December 30, 2009 at 03:19 #

i like Alexander McQueen shoes,when i first see it at www,manoloblahnik-heels,com,i like it so much.

2. Stuti December 3, 2009 at 08:31 #

“accessorized with sunglasses which helped show off her cleavage.”
    Haha, you are so evil FC. :D
    It is true though, the sunglasses, the shoes, the hair just cheapen the look.
    Dita can do no wrong in my eyes. She is stunning, and has such immaculate style. I dont like them T-bar Louboutins but it hardly matters, the rest of her is perfection. :)

3. Pen Pen December 3, 2009 at 09:38 #

Comparing anyone with Dita Von Teese in McQueen is like comparing with Charlie Therzon in Dior … no brainer … :)

4. Nick December 3, 2009 at 12:08 #

i’m voting for Cruz because at least its a different look for her.. In my opinion Dita is the most boring and predictable celeb out there..

5. Lala/S-R December 4, 2009 at 08:08 #

Dita…without a doubt.

OMG, FC, my comp. hasn’t been working for like 3 weeks. I’ve been so empty. Now it’s up and running again and I’m back for more! Let me know who wore what, babe!!!! Haha

• Fashion Critic December 4, 2009 at 08:28 #

3 weeks. I would kill myself LOL

• Lala/S-R December 4, 2009 at 19:29 #

Okay, so my brother said I’m exaggerating, it was more like two. LOL

Tell me about it, plus my assignments started pilling up on me!!!! Hellllll, I tell you!!!!

6. jill December 4, 2009 at 10:49 #

Dita, hands down. (I like Lala’s line, Dita without a doubt).

Even tho in general I like Penelope’s look more than Dita’s, the whole point of personal style is to keep exploring the looks that work for you. Like an artist, you just keep on doing variations of a theme, getting closer to some idea of ‘perfection’.

I can’t believe I’m saying this about such a slip of a girl as Penelope Cruz is, but this dress actually makes her look a bit fat! I’m all for dressing it up, then dressing it down, but the sunglass thing doesn’t work for me at all: it’s like she’s trying to look casual. She could have traded the pumps for a nice pair of haviana flip flops, it’s that silly.

Dita is doing a top to toe black ‘T’ effect from her dark eyebrows to those fabulous Loub Ts. She might have even practiced that pose in the mirror because it accentuates her hourglass figure.

Tip Top marks for Dita! In my humble opinion ; )

Have a lovely weekend, C!

• Fashion Critic December 4, 2009 at 10:53 #