Pixie Lott For InStyle UK January 2010

InStyle UK’s cover girl for January 2010 is Pixie Lott.

Those of you outside the UK may not have heard of Pixie Lott.

She’s an 18 years old singer who’s as well known for her catchy tunes, as her love for  hot pants, messy hair, smoky eyes and lots of accessories.

We’re jealous that she always manages to wear those hot pants so well, without looking trashy.

In her editorial she wears the same Stella McCartney jumpsuit worn by Stella and Victoria Beckham, but there are no hot pants in sight.

In her interview she discusses her style, her reported crush on Russell Brand, and not having much to draw on when it comes to love songs.

On making it in the industry: “The X Factor’s great for people like Leona Lewis and Alexandra Burke because they start with a massive fan base. But I think it’s better to work your way up. If you get somewhere, you feel like you’ve really done the hard work to get there.”

On personal style: “I’ve always been into fashion. My sister is exactly the same. We get it from our mum. She used to dress us in designer stuff when we were little.”

On Russell Brand: “When I was 16 or 17, I got on the bus at the airport and Russell Brand was on the other side. He walked over and said, ‘You’re pretty’ and I said, ‘Thanks’. That was all that happened. But I wouldn’t go out with him. He’s a bit too crazy. I don’t think my mum would approve.”

Credit: Style.com & InStyle

Victoria Beckham For Glamour US September 2012

Victoria Beckham For Glamour US September 2012

Catherine Malandrino For BMW

Catherine Malandrino For BMW

9 Responses to Pixie Lott For InStyle UK January 2010

1. robbie December 3, 2009 at 11:09 #

i love how she talks as if she has been in the industry for many years. she is learning from victoria beckham and beyonce how to do the one facial expression in every shot *rolls eyes*

i might be the only one but when she said her mum used to dress her and her sister in designer stuff when they were little, just makes me think chav!

• Lee-Shay December 3, 2009 at 11:58 #

My sentiments exactly. Think she’s totally overrated…

• YSLGirl December 3, 2009 at 12:38 #

I think that’s very rude. She didn’t really make it sound as if she was in the industry for a long time. If anything, I commend her for being a young girl who actually wants to work for her money, as opposed to the current wave of WAGs and glamour models.

• ImanLover December 3, 2009 at 15:51 #

I completely agree with YSLGirl. She’s earned her fame, fifteen minutes of it or not.

• Jack December 3, 2009 at 22:35 #

You think that she chose what facial expressions to do for this photoshoot? The photographer has 100% creative control, Pixie would have no say whatsoever. Take a look at some candids of Pixie, she never seems to stop smiling – it verges on annoying on how happy she always is! She has worked for her success, and is entitled to talk about it. So are you, if you ever gain any success.

2. Moody Crab December 3, 2009 at 12:35 #

She’s so bland. What a waste of front cover. The cover is missing some fierceness. I’m sure Nicole Roberts of Girls Aloud could pull a better face. And don’t get me started on what she said about X-Factor…

PS; Mags like in the calibre of InStyle UK should ALWAYS begin the year with banging covers to give readers expectation of what to look forward to for the reminder of th year.

3. ahot December 3, 2009 at 13:12 #

That jumpsuit looks good on her…. I do prefer her in it

4. zoe December 3, 2009 at 18:53 #

her interview is honest and cute, i don’t know much about her but i’m liking her from what i saw. her pictures weren’t groundbreakingly fashion forward or anything but she looks great in them still.

5. Sabina December 4, 2009 at 21:42 #

I think the jumpsuit looks better on her, than on both Victoria and Stella. If only her hair would be up in a bun or a pony tail, it would be perfect!