Ashley Simpson-Wentz’ Broadway Debut After-Party

Being the supportive sister Jessica Simpson is, she attended younger sister Ashlee Simpson’s Broadway debut of the musical ‘Chicago’.

After the show she also attended the after-party held at the Inc. Lounge in The Time Hotel, New York.

The singer was wearing a dress from Taylor Swift’s favourite designer – Collette Dinnigan.

The silver sparkling Fall 2008 sequin bod-con dress shows off her fabulous curves.

I’m so happy she never gave into the taunts about her weight. Life’s not all about being a zero 0 and moody because you’re so damn hungry.

Ashlee Simpson opted for an all black Gothic look, with a pearl necklace and Chanel pearl accented pumps.

Her new look saw er returning to her unnatural raven locks.

I so loved her as a red.  She’s lost her sparkle with this darker colour.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Celebrities Love...Stella McCartney's Falabella Tote

Celebrities Love…Stella McCartney’s Falabella Tote

Runway To Unveiling of the Claridge's Christmas Tree - Daisy Lowe In Christian Dior

Runway To Unveiling of the Claridge’s Christmas Tree – Daisy Lowe In Christian Dior

9 Responses to Ashley Simpson-Wentz’ Broadway Debut After-Party

1. Ally December 2, 2009 at 15:55 #

Waaaay too much black on Ashlee. Tone it down, preferably starting with the hair.

And I celebrate Jessica’s beautiful body, but I would celebrate it more in the right size. No one has to know the number but you, Jessica.

• ZzaRaZza December 2, 2009 at 17:35 #

second that! Not sure if she can breathe in that dress, maybe that’s why the scared and dazed expression?

2. Terry December 2, 2009 at 17:19 #

Ashlee was wearing Chanel pumps with pearl trim from the Paris-Moscou collection.

• Fashion Critic December 2, 2009 at 17:38 #

thanks :)

3. YSLGirl December 2, 2009 at 17:41 #

Size 0 or not, she still looks awful and needs to dress for her size. Her pouting is also just as miserable as any size 0 model! There are better curvy ‘poster children’.

4. SarahV December 2, 2009 at 20:26 #

I actually think Ashlee looks great here… Jessica, not so much.

5. Lisa December 2, 2009 at 20:49 #

I don’t think Jessica’s dress looks too tight at all. I think she looks great actually, the best I’ve seen her look in a while.
    I also love that she didn’t starve herself down to a 0 and that she still has the guts to wear a short, fitted sequin dress. She’s proving you can look hot at any size.

Ashley on the other hand will always be a fashion FAIL.

6. robbie December 2, 2009 at 22:05 #

jessica, im all for her being happy with her weight but that is just way too tight and not flattering at all. also the make-up is horrible on her.

ashlee, she looks like mortica addams NOT GOOD.

both of them look like mannequins.

7. Laura December 3, 2009 at 20:10 #

Jessica’s dress is way too small for her. I think she’s beautiful and have nothing to say bad about her size. But the dress? The right size is crucial to a good outfit. I don’t mind the dress, but the size being so small makes it look awful on her.

I loved Ashlee as a redhead. Is it just me or has Ashlee’s style been pretty decent recently? Obviously, this outfit ruins it. Black Hair + Black Dress + Black Tights + Black Shoes + FAIR skin= corpse/witch/awful look.

I’m always rooting for Ashlee on the red carpet because I like how she isn’t your typical girl and brings an edge. But this is just too much of a tragedy. Better hair and/or a colored dress would help Ashlee so much.