01.12.09

IFP’s 19th Annual Gotham Independent Film Awards

I always think of Proenza Schouler as an edgy label, and Natalie Portman as a sweet delicate flower so the two together shouldn’t work, but she looked stunning in this ombre sequined Spring 2010 Proenza Schouler tank dress.

I said in an earlier post that ’tis the season to wear sequins and sparkle which Natalie certainly does here.

Her hair was pulled back as she wore black peep-toes and carrying a cute Judith Leiber Discoball sphere clutch to complete her look.

Brooke Shields wore a Malandrino Fall 2009 off-the-shoulder ivory dress with a bird embroidery detail going down one side, plus a tulle overlay.

I love the dress on the runway, but it looks really loose on Brooke and as a result the dress appears to be creased even though I’m sure it isn’t.

The Stella McCartney Resort 2010 collection has by far been the most popular collection worn by celebrities this year.

It was only a matter of time before someone ruined the good feeling.

I expected it to be Heidi Montag, but American comic Kristen Wiig opted for the shorter version as worn by Rachel McAdams.

The problem isn’t the dress, the problem are the red tights and the way it makes me think that Kristen is channeling her inner elf.

As cute as Rosie Perez’ dress is, the first person that came to mind when I saw this dress was Taylor Swift because she has worn a very similar dress recently.

Plus Rosie’s dress feels more suited to someone of Taylor age group.

Credit: Style.com & London Features

Paul & Joe For theOutnet.com

Paul & Joe For theOutnet.com

Runway To GQ Chinese Mainland Edition Launch - Dita von Teese In Christian Dior

Runway To GQ Chinese Mainland Edition Launch – Dita von Teese In Christian Dior

8 Responses to IFP’s 19th Annual Gotham Independent Film Awards

1. YSLGirl December 1, 2009 at 12:28 #

Natalie looks amazing. It’s a nice change from the Lanvin (or Lanvin like) ruffled and colourful dresses.

I like Rosie, too.

Kristin…I think she’s a great comic actress…but no comment.

• YSLGirl December 1, 2009 at 13:32 #

Or Kristen rather.

2. mm December 1, 2009 at 12:56 #

Natalie, love the dress dont like the earrings. Brooke is aging well, love her hair not feeling her dress. Rosie does look cute but the hair is frizzy, she need to run some serum through those curls. Everyone does look festive, it’s holiday party time.

3. Jules O'C December 1, 2009 at 12:58 #

ok now my laptop’s screen is wet after I cracked up seeing rosie perez in that dress
    it’s so horrible, it’s almost funny again
    she looks like a toddler who plays dressup and a (dont get me wrong I loved her ever since White boys cant jump and I think shes totally cute) old hag AT THE SAME TIME!
    which I think is unfair because she can look so much better
    what did she do to her stylist to piss him/her off THAT badly????

4. Ally December 1, 2009 at 13:20 #

For as many people that we say should go up a size, Brooke should definitely go down one! The ill fit ruins the look of the dress completely.

5. molly December 1, 2009 at 13:56 #

“Elf” was exactly what I thought when I saw the red tight and booties together on Kristin Wiig- but you beat me to the comment, FC. Too bad because the dress is beautiful and flattering.

Hate to see Brooke Shields looking less than stellar, but this is not her best dress. Fit is not good, which makes it come across as frumpy rather than sexy. Toobad.

Natlie Portman just makes me sigh in happiness. She hardly ever gets it wrong.

6. mol December 1, 2009 at 16:39 #

Wow, two great looks from Natalie in one day (her Stella McCartney dress on the David Letterman show and now this – she’s definitely over last week’s slight flub!)

7. Nora December 1, 2009 at 17:38 #

Natalie looks fantastic. Who makes the disco ball clutch she’s carrying?