30.11.09

Social Events Of The Weekend

EA British Academy Children’s Awards 2009, London

Bonnie Wright is no stranger to wearing Prada, but I’m still surprised she picked such an interesting piece from the Resort 2010 collection.

I adore this look from the printed skirt, to the pink blazer and it even gets better when she takes her blazer off. The thing that brings down the look a tad is the black clutch.

This look has certainly brightened up my cold and rainy afternoon here in London.

Bonnie reminds me of Julianne Moore, both in hair colour and their love of experimenting with fashion.

Michelle Ryan is following Whitney Houston and Madonna who have both worn this Dolce & Gabbana animal print dress.

Both diva’s rocked this look.  Michelle should’ve have but her tights and peep-toes take this look from sexy to mumsy.

Monte Carlo Comedy Film Festival, Monaco

Daria Werbowy is the second celebrity to wear a look from Balmain’s Spring 2010 collection.

Sienna Miller was the first, and her dress was similar with the distressed material but Daria’s is slightly longer and has sexier cut-outs.

I hope she’s looking at those booties and saying, “I wish I hadn’t worn these”.

Alessandra Mastronardi looks so chic wearing this forest green ombre Valentino Fall 2009 sleeveless dress.

This dress may appear to be for someone much older than Alessandra, but the fresh-face beauty pulls this look off magnificently.

Clotilde Coureau wears the same lilac polka dotted Christian Dior Resort 2010 dress we saw Dita von Teese wearing during Paris Fashion Week.

I’m not liking the shoe choice, but I do like her studded clutch.

Dita Striptease Book Signing, London

Whilst Coltilde is following Dita von Teese, Dita is following Penelope Cruz who wore this Alexander McQueen houndstood pencil dress recently.

This style of dress was made for Dita.

I’m loving the brooch detail and the t-bar Louboutin’s.

Make A Wish Winter Ball, London

I’m loving Nicola Roberts teal Issa silk jersey gown.

Her confidence befits this stunning gown which she accessorizes with an Alexander McQueen skull clasp clutch.

I’ve never taken to Sarah Harding.

Her look always feels so dated and forced compared to Cheryl and Nicola.

MuchOnDemand, Toronto

*Throws hands up in the air and gives up*

Leona Lewis AGAIN wore a black corset belt whilst on a TV show in Toronto this weekend.

Let’s hope it gets confiscated at immigration.

Dizzy Feet Foundation’s Inaugural Celebration of Dance, LA

Katie Holmes’ look is more casual than we are used to seeing from her on the red carpet, but I’m still liking the look.

A simple LBD is paired with a leather jacket an Givenchy heels.

Credit: Style.com, PA & Wireimage

Kendall Jenner In Oriett Domenech - 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Kendall Jenner In Oriett Domenech – 2014 Teen Choice Awards

In Marisa Miller's Closet - Alice + Olivia Sequin Dress

In Marisa Miller’s Closet – Alice + Olivia Sequin Dress

45 Responses to Social Events Of The Weekend

1. YSLGirl November 30, 2009 at 14:09 #

Bonnie and Nicola are best dressed worthy already.

Daria actually makes that Balmain piece not so trashy and the ankle boots ACTUALLY work here! I’m surprised that all of the faux-edgy stars have stayed away from this collection. Well not all surprised as the dresses are revealing!

• Fashion Critic November 30, 2009 at 15:51 #

for sure. They will hopefully make it this week.

• Jessica November 30, 2009 at 21:29 #

bonnie fans will ruin the votes!
        For sure!
        Nicola looks fab!

• Fashion Critic November 30, 2009 at 21:35 #

She does have a huge fan base

2. Kim November 30, 2009 at 14:16 #

Nicola looks great!

Uhm is Leona’s corset tucked in the jeans?????
    ** WALKS AWAY FROM THE SCREEN **

• robbie November 30, 2009 at 16:12 #

no, it doesnt look like it is tucked in its probably the black top thank is tucked in.

3. Smile November 30, 2009 at 14:44 #

Nicola looks amazing; i was a little stunned by her look

4. Stuti November 30, 2009 at 14:55 #

Oh Dita. I remember FC talking about how Dita would wear this piece with vertigo-inducing Louboutins and make us swoon. She totally did. :)
    I need to try on that Issa gown.
    Also, what is up with Leona?! A corset belt with a t-shirt and jeans?! Does she not read ANY fashion blogs? Hell, the hair refuses to change too.

• Fashion Critic November 30, 2009 at 15:50 #

And of course Dita never lets us down

5. JennaB November 30, 2009 at 14:57 #

I mean really?! Leona…Why why why??????

I get it. I have put on things before that have made my waist look small, and I think, Man, I look good! But not good enough to where it every day! ESPECIALLY while getting photographed.

If she’s going for the tiny-waist look, put the corset under your shirt, because we’re over looking at it!

6. Ally November 30, 2009 at 15:02 #

*gasp* Katie Holmes actually looks her age! Not that it is the best outfit, but anything that makes her look under 40 is an improvement.

That Balmain is pretty much the definition of tacky. So horrid. And to pair it with booties just makes it that much worse.

To end on a positive note…Bonnie Wright and Nicola Roberts look wonderful.

7. mm November 30, 2009 at 15:15 #

ROTFLMAO at the “confiscated at immigration” comment

• Fashion Critic November 30, 2009 at 15:50 #

;)

8. mm November 30, 2009 at 15:16 #

Dita puts these women to shame in this post!
    Katie holmes hair looks as if she had some static cling. I dont care what she puts on she never can pull of hot or sexy. I feel like michelle ryan is wearing house shoes. Clotilde Coureau’s hair is a wreck, she reminds me of a homeless person some dressed up.

9. Vera November 30, 2009 at 15:27 #

I feel Bonnie has already deserved a ‘Best Dressed Of The Week’ title. Awesome. Everything so right.

Katie looks sick. Sad(

Talking about Leona everything is easy: women have been using corsets for centuries dreaming of a slimmer figure. But I’m not sure that in the 21st century with gyms, spa’s and so on there is any need of them.

10. Adrien November 30, 2009 at 15:51 #

Bonnie Wright looks so cute and fresh!

• Kath December 1, 2009 at 01:49 #

agree. i (not to be too mean) think this is the first bonnie’s really looked fantastic on the red carpet. she’s usually a little too experimantal for my tastes. this looks excellent though! hope she keeps it up ;)

11. la poubelle November 30, 2009 at 16:02 #

Bonnie looks amazing – FC you’re right, the next Jullian Moore for sure
    Michelle Williams reminds me of Cat Slater on a market stall (oh the irony)
    Dita & Nicola are amazing, just stunning pieces on both
    Katie looks good, i love the jacket (maybe Suri picked it out) but nothing special here
    Leona, you ought to be detained for that hot mess, love the boots though

• Jessica November 30, 2009 at 21:26 #

but bonnie cannot act!

• Jess December 1, 2009 at 14:53 #

but she’s HAWT!!!

• Jessica December 1, 2009 at 23:23 #

still cannot act, model

12. Mischa November 30, 2009 at 16:12 #

Nicola = contender for BDOTW. No question!

13. Raquel November 30, 2009 at 16:14 #

FC, any chance you can post some looks from the Crillon ball? I saw some pics of the debutants and the dresses were to die for.

• justme November 30, 2009 at 18:42 #

Yeah, some of those dresses were gorgeous.

• LeeAnn December 1, 2009 at 12:29 #

my daughters friend was there and wore McQueen-where did you see the pics?

• Fashion Critic December 1, 2009 at 12:36 #

wireimage or getty

14. robbie November 30, 2009 at 16:21 #

bonnie, absolutely fantastic she looks great and i love it all except her clutch.

michelle, boring. oh and FC the uber amazing dame shirley bassey also wore this dress on the paul ogrady show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxR_V6LdKE8

daria, she looks sexy but not overly sexy. the booties *yawn*

alessandra, i prefer it on the runway.

clotidle, dont like it at all. she looks like she just woke up and rushed out of her house.

dita, perfection as usual.

nicola, yet more proof red hair and green clothes go perfectly together. she is looknig amazing.

sarah, she always looks so stuck up and full of attitude and not a good kind of attitude.

leona, she is so dull its like looking at a barbie doll so lifeless.

katie, she looks quite nice but a bit boring.

15. ella November 30, 2009 at 16:35 #

Nicola looks flawless….i just love her hair, and her teal gown is perfect against her milky skin.
    Dita’s brooch adds the perfect touch to her style.

the pink blazer really works for Bonnie though……wouldnt dare go near one….but she pulls it off so easily!

16. Dora November 30, 2009 at 16:56 #

My favs are Alessandra Mastronardi (she looks so chic.) and Dita von Teese (perfect as usual.) And I love Bonnies use of colour.

17. Valeria November 30, 2009 at 17:10 #

Anyone can ID the Katie’s jacket and dress

18. molly November 30, 2009 at 17:17 #

Are there any photos that show the top of Bonnie Wright’s outfit? Under the blazer, you can see that the top of the dress (?) is significantly modified from the runway. It looks collared, and I also am not sure there is any definition at the waist. I’m not sure we’d be raving without the jacket. LOVE her hair an makeup, not crazy about the shes, although i like the color.

• robbie November 30, 2009 at 18:03 #

i hope it is alright to post a link, but she was wearing a skirt and blouse.

• Fashion Critic November 30, 2009 at 18:11 #

OK Thanks. I thought I said she was wearing the skirt.

I didn’t see that picture but will update. Thanks

• molly November 30, 2009 at 18:58 #

You did say skirt, but I couldn’t see any kind of definition at the waist – sorry. The second picture is great – love the look even more, including the pieces I wasn’t sure about before. Thanks for the link!

19. Ophelia November 30, 2009 at 17:22 #

I LOVE Bonnie’s outfit! She looks gorgeous and I love that she’s wearing a blue shirt under her dress. It looks very Teen Vogue.
    Leona looks awful, I feel like stabbing myself in the eyes everytime I see those stupid belts! Does she even have a stylist or is she just winging it?

• Fashion Critic November 30, 2009 at 17:38 #

I would guess she has a stylist.

20. Alice November 30, 2009 at 18:26 #

Katie looks dead! Bizarre!

Bonnie looks beautiful, fresh and young as she should.

21. justme November 30, 2009 at 18:40 #

Bonnie and Dita are my faves from this post. They look lovely.

Since Leona clearly doesn’t like her stomach, I’m gonna need her to either hit the gym or put some Spanx on. But those corset belts have got to go.
    LOL forever @ the immigration bit.

22. Crazyfashionaddict November 30, 2009 at 19:53 #

Lol at your comments towards Leona Lewis…I love your blog … I swear on those Brian Atwood Pumps

23. Taylor November 30, 2009 at 20:33 #

Argh!!!!!! More people need to be wearing Balmain Spring 2010. From the few looks i’ve seen of it on this website, it ROCKS!!!! C.mon celebrities, don’t let the Balmain hype run out!

24. Rita November 30, 2009 at 21:03 #

Bonnie and Nicola looks gorgeous

25. mol November 30, 2009 at 22:50 #

I absolutely adore Bonnie Wright’s look, with and without the jacket. It’s sophisticated, complex and fun – all the things I love about Prada. Love your comparison to Julianne M., who is a favorite of mine.

As always, Dita is perfect in every detai, love the brooch and damn, her figure is beyond incredible!

Katie looks youthful and cute, but somehow tired too – I can see it in her eyes.

26. Laura December 1, 2009 at 08:57 #

Bonnie looks gorgeous n fresh!

27. Sue Jin December 2, 2009 at 03:51 #

Bonnie looks so sophisticated and cute!

Nicola is a bombshell

Kaite looks dead tired and washed out

28. Jessica December 2, 2009 at 21:36 #

oh no!
    bonnie stans! back to pottershots, or bwo
    This is a serious blog about fashion!