25.11.09 In Her Closet

In Rihanna’s Closet – Diego Dolcini, Dean Quinn, Alexander McQueen & The Blonds

It’s been a busy few days for Rihanna.

We start with her appearance at Best Buy in Union Square, New York where she signed copies of her new album “Rated R” and posed for pictures with fans.

She wore a strapless black jumpsuit featuring a draped detail, but it was the heels I was more interested in.

The singer wore a pair of Diego Dolcini origami satin peep-toe pumps.

The shoes are accented with a large leather origami-style rosette in metallic shades of gold, copper and silver.

It was the perfect accessory to add a bit of pizazz to her black ensemble.

Although I couldn’t find the exact version of Rihanna’s heels Luisa via Roma and farfetch.com both have a similar version.

For Rihanna’s appearance on ABC’s “Good Morning America” she wore less impressive heels, but the focus this time was on her Dean Quinn white blazer accented with bugle beads.

On her recent visit to London Rihanna must checked out a lot of our up-and-coming designers because she recently wore David Koma, now she’s wearing a piece from another Central St Martins graduate Dean Quinn.

This blazer was part of his 2009 graduate show consisting of 6 black and white pieces.

The bugle beads have very much become his signature as they were used on all 6 pieces.

You can check out his collection at Dean Quinn.com.

Rihanna was all smiles when she arrived at the Ed Sullivan Theatre for her appearance on the “Late Show With David Letterman”.

What stood out on this occasion were her Alexander McQueen fold-down boots from the Fall 2009 collection.

These heels are very distinctive by the black and white houndstooth material which was heavily featured in McQueen’s Fall 2009 collection.

The final stop on Rihanna’s promotional tour yesterday was her “Rated R” Album Release Party at Juliet Supperclub.

The singer may have been fatigued after a long day, as she kept her sunglasses on whilst walking the red carpet.

It was that or she was worried she would poke her eye out on her spiked gold mini dress by design duo The Blonds.

This was my least favourite look as there’s too much gold from the hair, to the dress, to the spiked heels.

Credit: Catwalking.com, Getty, London Features, Zuma & Wireimage

Michelle Obama Wears Naeem Khan To Meet The Indian PM

Michelle Obama Wears Naeem Khan To Meet The Indian PM

Runway To LA Lakers Game - Fergie In Naeem Khan

Runway To LA Lakers Game – Fergie In Naeem Khan

12 Responses to In Rihanna’s Closet – Diego Dolcini, Dean Quinn, Alexander McQueen & The Blonds

1. Erik Mercedes November 25, 2009 at 15:10 #

I agree, way too much gold! :[ I hate the hair, she looks so much better when it’s short and dark!

I could have never guessed who she was wearing yesterday on GMA! And I thought I knew a lot! lol So a big thanks for studying your stuff lol You’re awesome!! && a huge source for my site! ;)

2. Ally November 25, 2009 at 15:22 #

Oh man, hopefully no one tried to give her a congradulatory hug at her release party!

• Stuti November 25, 2009 at 16:08 #

I dont like saying “lol”, but really, LOL. :D

3. Sarah November 25, 2009 at 16:00 #

I wish she had worn the runway shes on GMA. There is isn’t enough balance on the bottom and she just looks like she forgot pants. The heavier runways shoes would have created that balance that the model has.

4. ella November 25, 2009 at 16:06 #

i do like her first look but that spiked dress and shoe combo looks………………dangerous!

5. mette November 25, 2009 at 16:16 #

Way too much gold at the end but I think she looks great in the other outfits.
    None of them seem to be OTT – except the goldie gold outfit.

6. YSLGirl November 25, 2009 at 17:12 #

Surprisingly I liked these outfits. Fun, but not contrived.

7. zoe November 25, 2009 at 18:11 #

this is the firt time in a long time that i have even slightly enjoyed anything rihanna has worn. her first two looks are really great, those shoes are brilliant. her third look is okay but that pantyhose is annoying. her last look is so monochrome. the dress, the shoes and the hair are pretty much the same color as her skin.

8. stilettolover91 November 25, 2009 at 18:43 #

She looks incredible!! All four looks are amazing!!! LOVE the shoes!!!

P.S: I think you forgot to tag her name on this post….

• Fashion Critic November 25, 2009 at 19:27 #

thanks. glad you’re paying attention ;)

9. mol November 25, 2009 at 18:44 #

I really like the Dean Quinn blazer – very intriguing designer to follow, and Rihianna looks great in this. The rest is a pass for me.

10. Melia November 30, 2009 at 21:03 #

I love all the looks shown here, but especially the white beaded jacket. It looks so good, really accents her skin and compliments her more than any of the other looks. Definitely a fav for me. Love it.