Who Wore Gucci Better? Serena Williams or Evan Rachel Wood

One dress, two very different looks.

This Gucci Fall 2009 green and black glittering mini dress from the Fall 2009 collection was worn by tennis ace Serena and actress Evan, who both attended separate Gucci events.

Serena wore hers to a cocktail party benefiting “FFAWN” at Gucci’s Fifth Avenue store in New York City, whilst Rachel wore hers to the “Gucci Icon-Temporary Flash Sneaker Store launch” a few weeks later.

Evan opted to accessorize using the wide runway belt plus a cuff and strappy sandals. I love how the colour brings out colour of Evan’s eyes.

Evan looks great, but Serena looks amazing.

Her skin is glowing, her make-up is flawless and this her best look ever so she wins for me.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Best Dressed Of The Week - Kate Beckinsale In Andrew GN & Dakota Fanning In Valentino

Best Dressed Of The Week – Kate Beckinsale In Andrew GN & Dakota Fanning In Valentino

Runway To X Factor Week 7 - Cheryl Cole In Giles & Jean Pierre Braganza

Runway To X Factor Week 7 – Cheryl Cole In Giles & Jean Pierre Braganza

8 Responses to Who Wore Gucci Better? Serena Williams or Evan Rachel Wood

1. Lee-Shay November 23, 2009 at 08:22 #

I just knew, before I even clicked on Serena, that Evan Rachel Wood would have more votes. It’s sad if people chose her only because she’s skinnier than Serena…
    Look how that dress just hangs off Evan’s bony body.

2. Flutterbang November 23, 2009 at 11:24 #

I don’t think the dress if very flattering on Serena at all, the belt seems too high or something, I can’t quite put my finger on it. Evan is a knockout, though – and not because she’s skinny, because it brings out the colour in her eyes, the cuff and shoes really rock the dress, and the contrast of colour against her complexion I think just works better.

3. Leti November 23, 2009 at 12:37 #

FC I completely agree with everything you said about Serena in this dress. Every time I’ve seen someone else in this dress, there’s been something lacking for me. Seeing the picks side by side, I realize that I really liked how Serena didn’t belt the material that’s draped over her shoulder. in addition, I thin Evan’s look is severe by comparison.

4. Raquel November 23, 2009 at 14:00 #

Serena wins this for me, because it is hard to dress up when you have such a muscular body, but she managed to look sexy and pretty in a minidress.

5. Kyutipye November 23, 2009 at 17:32 #

There should be a third option, I cant choose.
    After much fighting myself, I vote Serena because as Raquel said, it is harder for serena with her muscular body. so fr her to look THIS good. she should win.

6. ck_b November 23, 2009 at 20:17 #

it matches both Evan’s skin color and eyes, so she wins for me

7. Linda November 23, 2009 at 20:28 #

Serena’s a knockout in this dress. It just fits her and makes her glow, so my vote it for her.

8. Eighty Jane November 24, 2009 at 05:41 #

Serena looks beautiful, but not stylish – I guess it depends on what you’re rating (?). Anyhow, I say Evan wins this one. Her accessories work better with the dress and I like how she chose to wear that shoulder strap across the back instead.