Runway To X Factor Week 7 – Cheryl Cole In Giles & Jean Pierre Braganza

My first reaction when I saw Cheryl Cole on Saturday nights X Factor was “What the hell is she wearing?”

I’m her biggest fan, but this Giles Spring 2010 dress was ridiculous.

I tried to convince myself to like it during the show telling myself the look was cute and fun, but then she stood up to give Joe Mcelderry a standing ovation, and then I saw her thorn tattoo around her thigh and it just confirmed how wrong this look was for her.

It was Wham night, so I guessed the hairstyle was supposed to resemble a young Madonna in “Desperately Seeking Susan”, but ended up looking very childish.

Her Christian Louboutin Fifre ankle boots were the icing on a very tasteless cake.

Click here to see the back of the dress.

Sunday night was much better as the X Factor judge wore a hot pink Jean Pierre Braganza Spring 2010 backless cold-shoulder dress from the designers ‘Psychadelactica’ collection.

I loved the bold colour, the tasteful plunging neckline, and the cute matching globe earrings.

The look was paired with Nicholas Kirkwood pearl embellished sandals.

Like I said it was better, but overall it she’s had much better weeks on the show.

Credit: Style.com, Cheryl Cole Source, Jean Pierre Braganza & Rex Features

Clara Paget In Peter Pilotto - 'Gentleman's Wager' London Screening

Clara Paget In Peter Pilotto – ‘Gentleman’s Wager’ London Screening

Dannii Minogue Wears Ralph and Russo & Donna Karan On Week 7 Of The X Factor

Dannii Minogue Wears Ralph and Russo & Donna Karan On Week 7 Of The X Factor

14 Responses to Runway To X Factor Week 7 – Cheryl Cole In Giles & Jean Pierre Braganza

1. SkirtTheIssue November 23, 2009 at 09:52 #

Being in Australia we don’t really see much about Cheryl, except on UK blogs like this, but the thing that does strike me when I do see her is that she seams to not have a very good idea of what sartorial style she should go for? Personally I think she looks really good in the second outfit, and it best matches her look- a sexy, fun vibe. When she tried to wear anything directional, like the first outfit, it just comes off as costumey- she is too “pretty” to do this look. I actually don’t mind the outfit- on someone like Chloe S. (or a PTY at a cool club) it would look really good- on Cheryl- not so much….

2. robbie November 23, 2009 at 10:14 #

barbie strikes again. that hair with the giles dress is terrible she looks like donald ducks girlfriend. the pink dress is alright, her shoes are much nicer than those louboutins.

3. ella November 23, 2009 at 11:20 #

Cheryl Cole has taken these cute minidresses too far this time.why is she always bent on outdressing the real Barbie??
    i do like her second look as she accesorized it well.

4. LeeAnn November 23, 2009 at 11:38 #

My first thought on Cheryl was that she seemed to be going for a Louis Vuitton lite look-a mini Madonna if you will with tiny bunny ears and derivative mini dress

• la poubelle November 23, 2009 at 14:24 #

now you mention it….
      this was a bad week for her, saturday she looked like a hot hot mess
      on sunday it was much better however, her mini dress was both frontless and backless

5. YSLGirl November 23, 2009 at 12:46 #

I kind of like the Giles dress. Maybe she should’ve worn the original colour, but I don’t know why, I just liked it.

6. Marvel November 23, 2009 at 14:31 #

OMG!!
    FC you and me were thinking the same thing on Saturday night. I wanted to love it but I couldnt. She looked like Minnie Mouse and that not a compliment. I really hope next week she knocks it out of the park. Because of this horror fest Im going to be submitting my Red Carpet Wishlist for her

7. Amanda November 23, 2009 at 14:46 #

Cheryl seems to really love low-cut dresses. I really like the last dress, but the first one is too structured for my taste. It’s like wearing a lampshade…. and the hair, it’s so bad. It makes me long for her old hairstyle. This one is too birdsnest-y.

8. Kim November 23, 2009 at 18:29 #

FC, there really isn’t anything to add. I think you said it all.

I like Cheryl also.

9. Lou November 23, 2009 at 21:07 #

Think she was trying to be different and edgy… as she was with the David Koma Fall ’09 dress… which I actually liked! However the Giles dress is just WRONG for her. The Braganza dress is much better, but I would prefer it above the knee – as with the model photograph.

10. Camilla November 23, 2009 at 21:15 #

I haven’t loved this series as much as the last. Mix it up Chezza – throw something mad into the mix, a bit of Balenciaga or Miu Miu would be fun, or how about your old fave, MW? Used to work a treat…

11. Frances D November 24, 2009 at 12:40 #

FC, by any chance do you know where Cheryl’s globe earrings are from? Love them, must have them!!!!

• Fashion Critic November 24, 2009 at 13:15 #

no sorry. I have been looking for them for myself.

If I find them I will let you know

12. Mira December 8, 2009 at 12:05 #

Globe earrings and the earrings she wore on Saturday are both De Grisogono.

Also Cheryl’s Jewellery the following week where she wore Stéphane Rolland Couture are De Grisogono too.