23.11.09

On Stage, Backstage and In The Press Room @ The AMAs

Jennifer Lopez didn’t walk the red carpet at the AMA’s, but she gave us many costume changes to make up for it.

One of her looks backstage was this white bod-con Gucci Spring 2010 dress with many cut-out details.

She paired her dress with the runway heels which also had cut-outs.

On stage she opted for a gold dress with had exaggerated hips as she performed in Christian Louboutin heels.

At some point the skirt was removed reveal a lace playsuit, as Lopez changed into comfortable sneakers.

In yet another change backstage Jennifer looked her best wearing an embroidered strapless Marchesa dress with a feathery skirt.

It was Lady GaGa and Rihanna who provided the biggest talking point, as they both performed in body suits.

GaGa’s nude body suit was accented with dinosaur bones, whilst RiRi opted for a white bandage style body suit with exaggerated spikey shoulders.

The comeback queens both took to the stage.

Whitney Houston performed wearing a one-sleeved Kaufman Franco white jersey column, whilst Janet Jackson opened the show with a medley of some of the biggest hits wearing a khaki ensemble which again features pointed shoulders.

In the press room Shakira wore the same Herve Leger metal pailette-embellished bandage dress we saw on Jennifer Lopez recently.

Fergie showed us that if the rumours are true about Josh Duhamel he needs his head tested, as she look super hot and sexy wearing a bustier dress with patterned tights and thigh-high boots.

Kate Hudson was one of the presenters on the night.

The actress wore a silver Gianni Versace vintage chain mail cocktail dress, which she paired with nude heels.

Credit: Style.com, Getty & Wireimage

Leighton Meester For Glamour UK December 2009

Leighton Meester For Glamour UK December 2009

In Karina Smirnoff's Closet - French Connection LBD

In Karina Smirnoff’s Closet – French Connection LBD

25 Responses to On Stage, Backstage and In The Press Room @ The AMAs

1. Matt November 23, 2009 at 17:07 #

I hated Jennifer’s song, the mid-performance outfit change slowed it down and made it look sloppy. I remember saying to myself “fall” and she did, lol. When an artist decides to name their song after a designers, it’s not only tacky, but makes them seem untalented. She looked amazing though

• Fashion Critic November 23, 2009 at 17:11 #

LOL I’ve just watched the fall on You Tube.

I hope they show the whole show in the UK at some point

2. Jess November 23, 2009 at 17:07 #

Kate’s dress is gorgeous! Wish I could find one similar.

3. Mar November 23, 2009 at 17:08 #

I love Jennifer’s white dress. Fabulous woman!

4. easyBlake November 23, 2009 at 17:21 #

The feathered Marchesa is beautiful! Even if Jennifer kinda looks like a ballerina. Whitney’s Kaufman is also quite nice. I don’t understand Janet’s performance outfits. Gaga and Rihanna are going for sexual/shock, Janet is . . . ? Also, Jennifer’s lingerie tap pants/sneaker combination. ::is confused::

5. molly November 23, 2009 at 17:23 #

I love the phrase {her} “body suit was accented with dinosaur bones.” I found myself thinking, “Well, of course it was.” Love it or hate it, this woman entertains even with the sound on mute.

6. FashionLover November 23, 2009 at 17:24 #

just FYI :
    During her performance,Carrie Underwood was wearing the first dress from Carol Hannah’s collection which was shown on the finale of this season’s Project Runway.

7. Kim November 23, 2009 at 17:26 #

I only like JLo’s first outfit on her. Whitney lookd great!

8. hepmoda November 23, 2009 at 17:38 #

Jennifer Lopez was in short shorts first, she put on that big skirt on stage:)

• Fashion Critic November 23, 2009 at 17:47 #

OK. I haven’t seen it as I’m based in the UK so I was guessing.

• Stylerep November 23, 2009 at 20:32 #

Yusssss heprnoda, that’s what made me so mad a/b the performance be she waited all the wait until the end to change into that and another thing that made me upset was the fact that she has already previously worn those Loubs to the VMA’s..that deserve a major *eye-roll*!! What was Andrea Leiberman thinking or maybe this one was all on J.Lo..IDK

• Elza November 24, 2009 at 09:08 #

she didn’t wear those Louboutins before, look closly they were made especialy for the performance.

• Stylerep November 24, 2009 at 11:32 #

@Elza Yes she did the only difference they’re might be is that they might not have that leopard print on the back, but other than that those are the same Loubs that she and a couple of other celebs have worn are previously..btw they’re from the 3.1 Phillip Lim fall ’09 collection..

• hepmoda November 24, 2009 at 21:32 #

That’s true, they were made for this performance but they really look like the regular ones.

9. Ally November 23, 2009 at 17:42 #

Note to Rihanna: When you make Lady Gaga’s outfit seem not that vulgar or insane, maybe you should consider changing.

10. Kyutipye November 23, 2009 at 17:49 #

Jlo’s Feathered Dress looks hot on her. Hate the hair.
    LOve Rihanna’s body suit. She kills it, face it this girl knows how to keep us talking.
    MY niece said something about Lady gaga that i find true. That she reminds of an 80’s madonna. Shocking the worls with her wierd ways yet, oh so entertaining!!!
    Whitney looks lovely, not so much Janet.
    Shakira is hawt!!
    I love kate Hudson’s sexy laidback look.

Was Beyonce not there?

• Fashion Critic November 23, 2009 at 18:02 #

Ex-nay on Beyonce

11. ella November 23, 2009 at 17:57 #

Fergie screams hot! even on stage.
    J.lo looks really good in all her dresses and i like that dress on Shakira (without those heavy boots) even though we’ve already seen it on Jennifer.i wonder what was running through her mind as Shakira came on stage in the dress.

i hope Rihanna’s bodysuit had a nude inlay, if not, she’s exposing too much in my opinion(even for a performance).its just plain UGLY.

• Fashion Critic November 23, 2009 at 18:02 #

it does have a nude underlay. It was the first thing I double checked as I would have been shocked if it didn’t have one

• ella November 23, 2009 at 18:10 #

*sighs* “underlay” it is then……lol

12. Lara November 23, 2009 at 18:16 #

Hepmoda I missed J. Lo’s performance too… saw it on youtube, and surprisingly FC she actually had on the sneakers thing first, then had her dancers help her into the Louboutins at the end of the song as part of the dance. The exaggerated hip part of the ensemble was also done onstage… like her Marchesa look the best

13. Bego November 23, 2009 at 18:50 #

Whitney Houston looks amazing!

14. sam November 23, 2009 at 21:27 #

@fashionlover..carol hannah confirmed it was nt hers..instead a copy.hw sad.carrie is such a big star..gosh..and those shorts wich she wore..blah..
    thnx fc for the jlo cut out dress id.;)

15. ahot November 24, 2009 at 13:53 #

is Fergie sshowing her panties on stage? not good! It makes a really good outfit look slutty…

16. happydaiz November 24, 2009 at 15:01 #

I don’t know why people love Fergie’s outfits – I think she just looks slutty on stage and doesn’t quite pull off the classy look she seems to be going for on red carpet.