23.11.09

2009 CNN Heroes Awards

Eva Mendes was the belle of this ball wearing a black strapless Monique Lhuillier Spring 2010 dress with gold detailing scattered down the bodice and skirt.

The beautiful actress kept the looks simple, by just adding peep-toes and styling her hair into a classic updo.

Like Serena Williams, Laila Ali has figures out how to dress her athletic body on the red carpet.

I adore her in this berry Tadashi Shoji Fall 2009 with a basket weave bodice.

Laila completed her look with a gold crystal clutch by Swarovski.

Kate Hudson keeps her look very simple wearing a Jean Paul Gaultier LBD paired with snake-skin heels.

Jenna Fischer dress is interesting Etro ensemble including a metallic skirt and embroidered asymmetrical top, but I’m not so crazy about her hair.

It looks a bit wispy on top.

This event happened before the AMAs, so it was here that Carrie Underwood showed off her new shorter ‘do.

Known for her big hair, this is a refreshing change.

The Country singer wore a cobalt blue strapless gown, with a stunning embellished on the waist band.

A Swarovski clutch and a complementary glittering necklace completed the look.

*Sighs, rolls eyes and gives up on Leona Lewis and her corset belts*

Enough already.

Credit: Wireimage & Getty

Emmy Rossum's 3.1 Phillip Lim Silk Sequined Embroidered Dress And Christian Louboutin 'Pigalle' Python Pumps

Emmy Rossum’s 3.1 Phillip Lim Silk Sequined Embroidered Dress And Christian Louboutin ‘Pigalle’ Python Pumps

Who Wore French Connection Better? Katherine Jenkins or Lauren Bosworth

Who Wore French Connection Better? Katherine Jenkins or Lauren Bosworth

20 Responses to 2009 CNN Heroes Awards

1. mol November 23, 2009 at 21:07 #

Eva and Laila Ali look stunning; Kate H. too, but in a more minimalist way.

2. Jules O'C November 23, 2009 at 21:14 #

OMG! that dress didn’t impress me on the runway but WOW the Mendes brings it to life – and what life that is! it’s vibrant, alive and sexy
    me liiiiike
    *noddingheadandpattingshoulderandtellingutonotgiveuponleonaalltogetheryet*
    ;) smooch have a nice evening

3. Kate November 23, 2009 at 21:37 #

Leona attends so much events lately, but almost never gets it right. Quantity don’t make quality

• Fashion Critic November 23, 2009 at 21:41 #

You’re so right

4. Lou November 23, 2009 at 21:42 #

Eva and her dress are gorgeous.

5. antoneLLina November 23, 2009 at 21:42 #

is me or leona is trying to become every day more sexy,edgy and thin too?
    i really don’t like the way she is undertaking.

6. Jenny November 23, 2009 at 22:27 #

I absolutely adore Carrie’s gown! Do you know the designer?

I honestly laughed when I saw Leona’s look… Someone needs to be honest with her!
    Jenna, Kate, and Laila all look nice. I love the color of Laila’s dress!

Eva looks AMAZING as well

7. ~**juDee**~ November 23, 2009 at 22:36 #

errm, FC, why no piccies of the hotness that is Anderson Cooper?? i know its a fashion blog but u know we all have to appreciate pure hotness when its in our faces and in the form of the main reason why i watch cnn (don’t judge me!) lolol

8. nisha November 23, 2009 at 23:03 #

i literallly felt like banging my head aganist a wall when i saw leona she has really been getting on my nerves the last few times i’ve seen her.i don’t hate her as a person or anything but i am really hoping she gets it right the next time she attends an event.thanks for posting

9. molly November 24, 2009 at 03:03 #

Who did this to Jenna Fisher?!! Poor thing has a terrible time and seems to hardly ever get it all right at once. The skirt and top are cute enough, but the hair and make up put maybe two DECADES on her. I’m not totally sure I would have recognized her without an ID. She is a pretty girl and looks youthful and lovely in many of her magazine photo shoots. Hire one of those stylists!!

• fleurdelis November 26, 2009 at 03:07 #

i completely agree.

10. ben November 24, 2009 at 04:57 #

How does she do it? How does Kate Hudson bring life to such a boring dress? amazing..

11. Sally November 24, 2009 at 07:25 #

Eva looks superb. Stunning.

12. mybigblind November 24, 2009 at 09:43 #

I love Eva’s dress! She’s so great!

13. Miss Tuesday November 24, 2009 at 11:41 #

It’s amazing how Leona just never looks good.

It’s not even “not bad” cause you could do that with a boring LBD even. She just doesn’t look good, it’s like she’s doing it on purpose.

14. justme November 24, 2009 at 14:15 #

Laila Ali looks amazing as always. That color goes so well with her skin. I love it.

There are ways other than corset belts to mark your waist Leona. And if I have to talk about that hair color one more time -_-

15. Jennifer November 24, 2009 at 15:39 #

FC… I am afraid that Eva has killed me liking her look with the white eye make up.

Who is her makeup stylist and how can we find them to hit them over the head with something?!

• Fashion Critic November 24, 2009 at 15:41 #

I suppose when you are that pretty you can afford to experiment, but you right she needs to ditch the make-up artist

16. Sheri November 24, 2009 at 18:26 #

I laughed when I saw Leona wearing another corset belt!

17. fleurdelis November 26, 2009 at 03:06 #

YES. i love carrie underwood’s new hair, she looks less like a barbie doll to me now.

and sigh. ohh leona. the black dress would have looked good too (BY ITSELF). no idea.