20.11.09

“The Twilight Saga: New Moon” New York Screening

I was slightly disappointed by Gareth Pugh’s Spring 2010 collection when I compared it to his amazing Fall 2009 and Spring 2009 collections.

Jessica Stam proves that I was wrong to judge so harshly, as she totally rocks this Pugh creation.

I didn’t know Stam could do edgy. I always have her down as a cutesy girl.

She wore her dress with the same runway open-toe lace up booties.

Excluding the tattoos, I really like Amber Rose wearing this orange Jil Sander sculpted dress which she has of course shortened.

The colour is fab against her caramel skin.

It looks like the sculpted part of this dress doesn’t quite translate off the runway.

When Katherine Jenkins wore this dress the sculpted panel also looked very limp.

I must say I love Alexa Chung’s navy blue taffeta Katy Rodriguez Fall 2009 dress.

She does love a poufy skirt.

I’m also really attracted to her animal print bag.

As usual despite her fame Kristen Stewart doesn’t have much to smile about.

I like the fact that she attempted to tame the hair.  It’s much better than some of the horrors she’s been sporting lately.

I love the olive colour of her Valentino dress, and the soft pleats but I just can’t get excited about her in this dress.

For the third time this promotion tour Kristen wears Sergio Rossi heels.

Ashley Greene wore a D&G Pre-Fall 2009 black and cream butterfly appliqué dress with a black sash tied to the waist.

Stunning as always.

Nikki Reed has very much been in the background on this promotional tour, the others seem to be taking the limelight.

The stunning actress stood out wearing a gold satin cocktail D&G dress with a gorgeous crystal neckline paired with Jimmy Choo strappy heels.

Agyness Deyn wore a very bewitching lace look.

The dress is interesting, but I don’t like Deyn with black hair. She felt more vibrant as a blonde.

Looks like Halloween came around twice this week.

First Leighton Meester, and now with Taylor Momsen.

What is it with these Gossip Girls?

After Taylor lighten up with the make-up and calmed down with the wannabee rock chick ensembles, the raccoon eyes are back.

I love her Dolce & Gabbana dress, on someone like Dita von Teese it would be amazing.

At 16 showing that much boobage feels a bit wrong.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

In Rihanna's Closet - Manish Arora, Mark Fast & Rick Owens

In Rihanna’s Closet – Manish Arora, Mark Fast & Rick Owens

Celebrities Love...Christian Louboutin Maggie And Calypso Heels

Celebrities Love…Christian Louboutin Maggie And Calypso Heels

31 Responses to “The Twilight Saga: New Moon” New York Screening

1. Shemah November 20, 2009 at 14:38 #

I think Ashley Greene is absolutely stunning!! Kristen Stewart was alright.. but I don’t know.. something off about it. The olive is a beautiful color but doesn’t seem to go well with her. *shrugs*

I almost didn’t recognize Agness Deyn!! I want her blonde locks back!!!!

Taylor Momsen totally raided Morticia Adams’s wardrobe!! LOL! Me no likey!

• Annel November 20, 2009 at 16:53 #

True! Taylor is like the blonde incarnation of Morticia – hahaha! Or perhaps it’s just tragic..!? ;D

2. ace November 20, 2009 at 14:42 #

i keep going back to jessica stam picture. she look effortlessly stunning. maybe cos she is a model she pull off that look effortlessly.
    bdotw?

3. Matt November 20, 2009 at 14:43 #

Amber does look beautiful in that dress but at the same time it’s her usual short dress

And this Kristen Stewart girl, I have not watch twilight and I don’t intend to but she is so dry and the red carpet, no sizzle just a walking boredom draped in beautiful clothing. She lacks social grace and she always looks high.

4. xenya November 20, 2009 at 14:46 #

jessica stam just rocks my world)
    em, taylor momsen… hm.. I guess it could be worse (I can’t belive that I said I wrote that) but imagine if her dress was sheer like all the dresse from dolce & gabanna spring 2010 collection? well, that would have been a total disaster most certainly)))

5. mm November 20, 2009 at 14:48 #

I just love ashley green in that dress. I was wondering who would wear it, it is so cute! The color of Kristen dress brings out her eyes. I still cant stand Alexa’s hair cut, but i like her look. Agyness looks like a Beatle/beetle, a member of the group and the bug!

6. Lee-Shay November 20, 2009 at 14:51 #

Omg – In 10 years time, Taylor Momsen is going to look back at these pictures of herself and think “OMG, what was I thinking.” …. Unless she actually continues with this ridiculous trend into her 20s… eek

7. julia November 20, 2009 at 15:01 #

somehow kristen can’t make me think:wow!
    she has no curves to fill the dress…generally any dress…..She isn’t made for beautiful gowns/dresses in my opinion^^

8. robbie November 20, 2009 at 15:03 #

wtf why is taylor wearing her dress backwards????? when i first saw it i thought i recognised it kylie wore the same dress. sadly i have to say neither taylor or the uber fabulous kylie wore it good.

i actually quite like the dark hair on agyness, its quite nice.

9. robbie November 20, 2009 at 15:08 #

oh forgot to mentionthe dolce and gabbana dress taylor is wearing is from the fall 2003 collection.

10. Kim November 20, 2009 at 15:22 #

Jessica looks great! Amber looks OK. I like Taylor’s dress. That’s about it. I agree should be on someone like Dita or maybe anyone else!

11. Ava November 20, 2009 at 16:03 #

Ashley and Nikki both look great.
    What collection is Kristen’s dress from?

12. Ally November 20, 2009 at 16:09 #

Someone should have told Taylor that just b/c the movie is about vampires does not mean you have to show up looking like one.

Whoever is doing Ashley Green’s hair/makeup rocks. She has looked flawless lately. Not sure about the dress though, it is pretty shapeless.

13. mette November 20, 2009 at 17:05 #

I think it is a bit funny that Bella in the twilight saga doesn’t like to be dressy and Alice really loves clothes and dresses and everything fashion.
    And it seems it is the same in real life with those two.
    I do think though that Kristen does look good in this dress. Maybe someone else would look better but it’s not so bad. And the colour – I think – is quite beautiful on her.

14. Nikki L November 20, 2009 at 17:18 #

Wow! Jessica Stam’s hot! ‘Nuff said.

I like Kristen’s dress but it doesn’t do anything for her. I think the color choice is wrong…it’s like the dress is “wearing” her, not the other way around.

Ashley Greene, as usual, looks stunning. She’s becoming one of my red carpet favorites.

I love Nikki Reed’s dress. I think the color looks good on her, but the fit…needs improvement.

Agyness Deyn is drowning in her dress…and hair! I can’t see her!

Taylor Momsen…I guess she thought that vampire was the theme for the night. She needs to go easy on the eye makeup and lipstick. And cover her breasts!

15. Maddy November 20, 2009 at 17:25 #

Stam is the best dressd on this red carpet for sure. The others don’t blow me away with their clothes, though I must say I love this color on Amber.

And Taylor? Looks like she’s giving Miley a run for the title of worst dressed/ most inappropiate teen star!

16. YSLGirl November 20, 2009 at 18:25 #

Taylor looks dreadful. As does Agyness. Were they told that it was an emo/vampire theme?

Kristen and Jessica are Best Dressed of the Week for me.

Alexa also looks good.

• YSLGirl November 20, 2009 at 18:26 #

Oh and Amber butchered that lovely Jil Sander dress.

• mol November 20, 2009 at 19:28 #

Agreed – horrible!

17. justme November 20, 2009 at 21:11 #

I don’t know who Jessica Stam is but I like her look, scratch that I love it. She’s edgy without looking like she’s trying too hard. Thank God she didn’t wear those pants. Seriously, she looks great.

I would’ve propably shorten that Jil Sander dress too to give it a younger vibe but like right above the knee. Amber just went crazy with the scissors. That aside, she looks good.

Aww look at Taylor squashing her tiny bits together to make them look like a mean “décolletage”. This child, smh.

• Stuti November 21, 2009 at 11:07 #

She’s the woman Marc Jacobs has an entire bag line after. :|

• justme November 21, 2009 at 12:15 #

Thanks for the info. Why the sad face though lol?

• Stuti November 21, 2009 at 16:46 #

Models don’t smile. ;)

18. Nawar November 21, 2009 at 01:19 #

why Taylor ? WHY ?!!!

she should enjoy her age and have fun with dresses and coloures

Oh dear God ,, Why Taylor !!

where do I start ,, the Make up , the Boobs !! or the ridicules scary supposedly “cool and sexy” poses

I honestly have nothing against her ,, but this is just getting crazier every time I see her

19. Taylor November 21, 2009 at 05:09 #

Alexa Chung’s dress is by Katy Rodriguez.

• Fashion Critic November 21, 2009 at 11:40 #

20. marina November 21, 2009 at 23:16 #

TAylor… everything is already said. Some of the other girls look very girly… but Kristen…
    It seems that she has to endure these events, like premieres, but she does not like them at all. Maybe it is the fac of getting her picture taken, but this girl really looks like she is putting up with the event. Most of the dresses she has worn look ok, but that’s it, no life, no spark, not much. And this has nothing to do with her not being very curvy. It is her attitude.
    The exception was the Jason Wu dress at the Tennessee screening, she looked really comfortable in her dress and in the Leger one, she looked nice, but the dress could have been better.
    She should go more for dresses like the one Jessica Stam is using, Kristen definetely does not seem a girl for floral- too girly dresses. (I love this green one but for me!!!)

21. marina November 21, 2009 at 23:34 #

oops ! I forgot the Madrid look. She looked well in that style too. but still, she seems (to me) trying to get by… :D

22. Katie November 24, 2009 at 12:11 #

I too think Ashley Greene is stunningly beautiful….Kirsten Stewarts dress colour yet again did nothing for her, Jennifer Lopez would have looked like a grecian goddess in it!!

23. ohh please December 30, 2009 at 22:56 #

I like Kristen Stewart look in every choice she make, girl is not trying for you to like her.
    And why would she smile If she doesnt feel for it?

a lot of celebrity smile but they are far from happy..
    Kristen smiles when she truly have reason for it..