20.11.09

Social Events Of The Week

33rd Annual Cairo International Film Festival (CIFF), Egypt

It’s been a while since we last saw Salma Hayek looking this fantastic.

The actress looked stunning at this event were she received an honorary award wearing a printed Balenciaga Fall 2009 gown.

I had hoped to see more from this collection on the red carpet, but Salma delights in her stunning gown version, which I prefer to the runway.

Academy Of Motion Picture Arts And Sciences’ Inaugural Governors Awards, LA

Ever since Cannes Film Festival Abbie Cornish just gets better and better for me on the red carpet.

I adore her in this Christian Dior lilac belted gown.

Her hair and make-up are gorgeous, her Neil Lane jewels are subtly beautiful and that clutch is divine.

Holt Renfrew Celebrates New Calgary Store, Canada

After two gowns Kristen Bell gives us a fresh sparkling Jenni Kayne Spring 2010 mini to get us in the to party mood for this weekend.

As always the blonde actress is flawless.

“The Blind Side” New Orleans Benefit Premiere

Sandra Bullock looked stunning wearing a purple striped Alberta Ferretti Spring 2010 gown.

I just wish she had smiled to help me love this look even more.

Fabolous’ Birthday Party, New York

Amber Rose usually over does it by wearing loud colours, or tacky tight ensembles but I’m totally in love with this Martin Grant Fall 2009 sculptured bustier.

Black velvet pants, YSL suede black heels and sunglasses complete her look.

2010 Pirelli Calendar Cocktail Reception, London

Daisy Lowe opted for a Jasmine di Milo Fall 2008 jumpsuit which is split to the thigh.

I love this look as it’s seductive without being too revealing.

The tights even work in her favour, as she looks like she’s wearing a full bodysuit.

NAC’s Medal of Honor for Film Award Presentation, New York

I’m not feeling this Alexander McQueen Resort 2010 look on Christina Ricci at all, and it has nothing to do with the tights.

The asymmetrical one-sleeved mini has a mish mash of colours I really don’t like, plus I don’t think the dress is particularly flattering on her.

Sean “Diddy” Combs’ Birthday Celebration, New York

I’ve loved this Alexander Wang corseted one-shoulder dress ever since I laid eyes on it.

Kim Kardashian does look good in this dress.

I love way the dress gracefully drapes her shoulder, but she’s a little bit too busty for the dress.

2009 MTVU Woodie Awards, New York

I’m also surprised we haven’t seem much of the Balenciaga Resort 2010 collection on the red carpet.

Jessica Stam opted to wear this orange belted mini with tight and a small patterned bag.

“The Princess And The Frog”, LA Premiere

It’s been forever since we last saw Anika Noni Rose on the red carpet, then she reappears at this premiere wearing the Thread Social asymmetrical dress I had added to my ‘favourites’ a few weeks ago.

I love the back of the dress with the unexpected double strappy detail.

Such a cute look to match that gorgeous smile.

“Me And Orson Welles” UK Premiere

Claire Danes’ Stella McCartney gown is very classic and simple with ruffle details.

Large silver earrings provides the sparkle.

Credit: Style.com, Zuma & Wireimage

In Kim Kardashian's Closet - Alexander Wang Corseted One-Shoulder Dress

In Kim Kardashian’s Closet – Alexander Wang Corseted One-Shoulder Dress

In Marisa Miller's Closet - Herve Leger Cut-Out Dress

In Marisa Miller’s Closet – Herve Leger Cut-Out Dress

14 Responses to Social Events Of The Week

1. Ally November 20, 2009 at 19:05 #

Selma looks great. I didn’t think anyone could make me like something from that collection, but she changed it enough to make me like it. Kristen Bell is seriously adorable!

I think my problem with Christina Ricci is the heaviness of it all. Dark long hair, with the dark tights and dark red clutch. It’s just too much. That dress is too much of a statement to put so much on it. Pull up her hair, ditch the tights and put the strap in the right place and I think she would look much better.

2. nyma November 20, 2009 at 19:39 #

I think Daisy Lowe is rocking tht jumpsuit, its very out there but she totally owns it!
    I agree with you FC on Kim being too busty for tht dress, she’s literally spilling out of it.
    I love the construction on Amber Rose’s bustier, she gives it a very futuristic look with her styling.
    and finally, Salma looks downright STUNNING in that dress. It jus goes to show that you don’t have to leave little to the imagination in order to steal the spotlight :)

3. mol November 20, 2009 at 19:40 #

Wish we could have seen a shot of Salma minus the podium, but she does look gorg. I also love Daisy Lowe’s look – the VS girls should check her out for a lesson in how to reveal in a sexy and not tacky way.

My two favs in the ‘polished cuteness’ category are Jessica Stam and Anika Noni Rose.

4. Daniel November 20, 2009 at 20:38 #

I just wish the straps were in the right place! I can’t stand when celebs and/or their stylists don’t put the clothes on right.

5. mm November 20, 2009 at 20:44 #

Anika looks adorable! I saw a few pics of Claire dress that was so sheer as well as undergarments, you could see all her breasts, so it turn me off to the entire look.

6. Kim November 20, 2009 at 20:45 #

Amber and Salma look very cute and sleek.

Daisy also looks cute although she was almost too sexy for me. I bet Rihanna and Megan Fox are dying that they didnt get their hads on this first!

I love Kim’s dress but I agree she is a bit too busty for it and did she get the left boob modified? LOL

Claire looks very classic and chic.

7. justme November 20, 2009 at 21:25 #

Kristen Bell is starting to be like Jessica Stroup to me. They don’t have bad days when it comes to fashion. From head to toe, I approve.

Are those velvet leggings on Amber Rose?!! I need a moment…
    Just wow, nice bustier indeed though.

8. ullis November 20, 2009 at 22:03 #

Abbie is flawless! just perfect! Utter perfection!

9. Em November 21, 2009 at 01:35 #

i love the color of abbie’s gown. gorgeous!

claire, however, broke the rules in red carpet 101 – wearing a sheer dress with no bra. in other pictures i’ve seen of her, the flash went right through her dress

10. LizMelendreras/Stylist November 21, 2009 at 06:08 #

Selma Hayek…WOW…beautiful.
    KimK…dress is gorgeous but not for he bust size.
    Ricci…amazing.
    Amber Rose…nice. No wow factor, its her signature.

11. ana laura November 21, 2009 at 06:46 #

amber’s body doesn’t make sense!
    i mean this full legs, tiny stomach and nice arms.. it can’t be natural..!

12. Leo November 21, 2009 at 12:08 #

Like you, I’m surprised not to see more Balenciaga on the red carpet. The last collections, both rtw and resort are so stunning. Loving Salma and especially Jessica Stam, that is such an interesting dress.

13. Jess November 22, 2009 at 00:25 #

I think Ricci looks really cute actually. Daisy looks atrocious, don’t know how she gets modelling work. And Kim looks so bad! You attention is just drawn to her left boob with the black square over it. Looks really weird.

14. Camilla November 22, 2009 at 22:21 #

In the WWIB between Thandie and Daisy of this di Milo piece Thandie will win hands down!

p.s. I really love the way the Jenni Kayne dress has been styled on the model by the way, it’s really sharp but kooky – brillz!