20.11.09

2009 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show

Red Carpet

Heidi Klum shows off her post-pregnancy figure wearing a black Roberto Cavalli tiered chiffon dress with asymmetrical strap with a paillette trim.

She completes her fabulous look wearing satin Christian Louboutin Maggie heels.

Fabulous.

What I love most about Fergie’s look is her silver embellished Christian Louboutin pigalles.

They are truly lust worthy as they sparkle as brightly as her necklace and bracelet.

The singer looked sexy wearing a red hot lace Dolce & Gabbana mini dress.

I’m still not understanding her hair colouring.

Carine Roitfeld wore her Dolce & Gabbana lace dress/cape/Christian Louboutin thigh high boots combination for the 2nd time in 2 weeks.

We didn’t like it the first time Carine.

Keri Hilson is normally immaculate on the red carpet.

On this rare occasion she looks hideous as her dress look very cheap.  She also looks one step away from a wardrobe malfunction.

For such a fun loving event Michelle Trachtenberg’s navy strapless dress feels a bit too conservative.

After Party

At the after party the models came out to play.

Alessandra Ambrosio looked adorable in her sassy Valentino Fall 2009 Couture bustier dress.

Chanel Iman flashed us her megawatt trademark smile whilst wearing the same Marc Jacobs Resort 2010 dress we’ve seen on Anne Hathaway.

Marisa Miller was of course in Herve Leger, and Selita Ebanks donned a tight metallic dress with Givenchy heels.

Fergie performed at this event, but she wasn’t too tired to enjoy the party.

The singer wore a beautiful Blumarine Fall 2009 multi-colour animal print mini dress, which she toughen up with Balmain Uma zipper ankle boots.

I love this look, even with those ankle boots.

Miranda Kerr makes me not hate leopard print.

The VS Angel shunned the expected mini dress, and opted for a sexy lingerie inspired Christian Dior Spring 2008 leopard print dress.

Sharon Stone will be so jealous.

Model Candice Swanepoel wore a very risqué dress from Cushnie et Ochs’ Spring 2010 collection.

I love the asymmetrical hem line and the nude heels she paired with her dress.

Oh Heidi, do you have to keep taunting us?

The fact that you can wear a PVC dress this skin-tight after giving birth 5 weeks ago is leaving us green with envy.

Gorgeous dress.

I’m guessing it won’t be long before we see Victoria Beckham in those white Trib Two’s as she has them in every other colour.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Lucy Liu In Antonio Berardi - 'Meena' New York Premiere

Lucy Liu In Antonio Berardi – ‘Meena’ New York Premiere

In Jessica Stroup's Closet - Jimmy Choo Detroit Suede Ankle Boots

In Jessica Stroup’s Closet – Jimmy Choo Detroit Suede Ankle Boots

25 Responses to 2009 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show

1. IlovePOLY November 20, 2009 at 10:31 #

Carine looks like a drunk hooker ewww.
    Chanel looks cute in Marc jacobs and gosh miranda is such a beauty wow!!!!!

• Kim November 20, 2009 at 15:31 #

I was thinking Carine looks like a drunk vampire! LOL

2. Case November 20, 2009 at 10:40 #

I think someone forgot to tell Heidi that one is supposed to gain weight during pregnancy, how does she look this good already???

Other than that, it’s nearly impossible for a VS angel to look bad on the red carpet because they’re born to wear sexy, tight fighting dresses. I love seeing them on the red carpet, as they wear sexy RIGHT compared to other Hollywood actresses.

3. SkirtTheIssue November 20, 2009 at 11:52 #

Gosh I love Carmen, she is just so cute!
    Miranda looks great too, I just wish she had worn some different shoes (a peep toe would have been better?)
    I love Michelle T’s berry lips, but again less impressed with the shoe choice (this sounds horrid I know, but she always seams to wear ankle strap/T bars and her legs would look some much better if she wore an elongating slip on heel style)

Fashion complaints aside, these women are all bloomin’ gorgeous!

4. molly November 20, 2009 at 12:12 #

I agree that Michelle Trachtenberg’s look seems wrong at this particular event, but boy, is that a beautiful dress. Love love love the color and the texture and construction. She could have made it work here with a different/no necklace and freer hairstyle.

5. miwa November 20, 2009 at 12:26 #

FC, Alessandra is wearing Valentino Fall 2009 Couture. http://www.style.it/interactive/img/database/moda/00120h-2009.07.08.22.03.59.649466_base.jpg

• Fashion Critic November 20, 2009 at 13:03 #

Hey Miwa, thanks for the id. I knew it was kinda familiar :D

6. Lee-Shay November 20, 2009 at 12:29 #

Now why did my fellow South African, Candice, go and have to wear such a cheap looking dress… ugh

7. ella November 20, 2009 at 12:36 #

Fergie is by far my best dressed at this event.both looks are perfect….the rest are just exposing too much flesh but i cant help admiring Heidi’s body! mom of 4?

8. mm November 20, 2009 at 12:42 #

Hedi wins for me for this event in the Roberto Cavalli. Carine should always smile, she looks much better smiling. But sadly she looks like a batwoman with that cape. Yes Keri’s dress does look cheap, but not hideous, i think that description is way to severe, i mean “it’s Keri baby”

• Fashion Critic November 20, 2009 at 12:49 #

LOL @ Batwoman

• Kim November 20, 2009 at 15:35 #

“Keri baby” I agree. LOL she wasnt at her best but it wasn’t hat bad for me.

9. Ally November 20, 2009 at 12:49 #

I think I would already consider it a wardrobe malfunction if half my boob was hanging out, but that’s just me. ;-)

I know it isn’t as short and revealing as some of the other looks for a Victoria Secret part, but I really like Michelle’s look!

10. alyss November 20, 2009 at 12:58 #

Alessandra is wearing Valentino Fall 2009 Couture.

• Fashion Critic November 20, 2009 at 13:04 #

Thanks Alyss. I got the same id from Miwa.

You guys are awake this Friday morning, unlike me :D

11. sam November 20, 2009 at 13:03 #

i think miranda kerr wins hands down….omg she shud be in best dressed contender list…atleast for me she is..
    heidi klum is an alien…hw did she loose the weight and she luks freeking fabolous..hw many kids does she has.. again?;)
    wats up wid caraine…she luks like the red ridding hood’s 2nd cousin who is evil. .;)

12. SkirtTheIssue November 20, 2009 at 13:08 #

Opps- I meant I love Chanel in my post! (i’m not sure where the Carmen came from- maybe her flamingo style skirt confused me!)

13. Leti November 20, 2009 at 13:40 #

I also really liked Michelle’s look. Regardless of the occasion, that dress and her makeup were stunning. I thought Heidi looked amazing, as well, but white Trib Two’s? No, I’m sorry, just hideous.

14. GirlOne November 20, 2009 at 13:46 #

Okay, hands down: Heidi looks amazing in that second dress!

15. Kim November 20, 2009 at 15:33 #

I LOVE Heidi and Fergie’s first look. PERFECT.

I like Michelle’s dress. Its that hair that is too serious for me.

Chanel and Allesandra looks excellent!

Marisa, Miranda, and Candice have great bodies. Interesting look for Candice.

I love Heidi’s second dress MINUS the white heels.

16. toby November 20, 2009 at 16:48 #

what da hell is Carine doing at VS?? It’s below her. Can anybody enlighten me? Is bad taste/the hoochy look in in Paris at the moment?

17. Sarah November 20, 2009 at 18:14 #

I absolutely LOVE Fergie’s shoes! She’s my best dressed at this event. Also love both looks from Heidi!

18. Amanda November 20, 2009 at 23:37 #

I can’t believe Carine went to see a VS fashion show. I think that Anna Wintour would sooner die than show up at the VS fashion show. Well, at least we know that Candice has a lot of confidence in her body. If it were me, my head would be down checking that my nips weren’t out, but she doesn’t seem too concerned.

• Fashion Critic November 20, 2009 at 23:47 #

totally agree.

I don’t get it either and Anna would sooner die like you say

19. Alfredo November 21, 2009 at 01:29 #

Yay!! I live for this event!!

Carine Roitfeld, I’m sorry but as an Editor who has acess to some of the best products/stylists/pieces in the world, why would you step out looking like that? Go to a spa, something to get rid of the smoked out skin, I’m sure you can also get someone to help you out with your hair, to get a better color and in better condition. Same goes for the make up. The clothes, nice pieces but not together. And agin, why would a woman you age be wearing see through lace specially at an event where there are these 20 something young models walking with nothing on? Ok I’m done, I just get so dissapointed when someone like this doesn’t live up to expectations.

I must praise Heidi for getting back in record time.

Fergie knocked it out of the park, though I agree that her hair can be in better condition, and so can her make up.

Michelle Trachtenberg looked AMAZING, I don’t care what event it is. She looked breathtaking. The color works wonders on her skin and hair, and her accesories are divine!

I love Alessandra but she looks OK, she’s been looking a bit too thin lately, compared to her other appearances at VS, her bones were not sticking out as much, and the dress has is not doing her any favors, it makes her look flat. The fit can be a bit better.

Miranda looks OK as well, I can actually see Adriana Lima rocking this, she would just be breathtaking in that Dior gown.

I love Heidi’s second look, awesome!