When Bad Clothes (& Make-Up) Happen To Good People – Leighton Meester

Some of you weren’t surprised at Sharon Stone’s crazy red carpet look yesterday, but NONE of you would have predicted Leighton Meester would fall so highly from her pedestal.

Leighton wore crazy coloured pants, studded booties, a brown belt, and a vest when she performed five songs at the “American Eagle Outfitters” flagship store party in New York this week.

You’ve heard of drunk dialing, this is drunk styling at its very worst.

Are they trying to create a new Lady GaGa with this crazy styling, or are they just trying to distract us from Leighton’s “singing” abilities?

Either way it has to stop.

I did like the leather Paule Ka Fall 2009 plunging dress which she paired with Nicholas Kirkwood python cut-out platform heels and a gold Herve Leger clutch when she arrived at this event.

But the make-up…tragic.

Credit: Paule Ka & Rex Features

Runway To "Tale of Jeon Woo Chi" Press Conference - Lim Soo Jung In Burberry

Runway To “Tale of Jeon Woo Chi” Press Conference – Lim Soo Jung In Burberry

In Heidi Klum's Closet - YSL Suede Pumps

In Heidi Klum’s Closet – YSL Suede Pumps

42 Responses to When Bad Clothes (& Make-Up) Happen To Good People – Leighton Meester

1. Vanessa November 19, 2009 at 12:03 #

she look’s so trashy and cheap!!! not at all like her normal self. she’s definitely trying too hard to be edgy

2. robbie November 19, 2009 at 12:04 #

a bit late for halloween isnt she? bloody hell though those pants look weird especially with that certain urine coloured part at the crotch. the make-up though is terrible but if it wasnt for the eyeshadow i think it would have looked quite nice.

3. robbie November 19, 2009 at 12:06 #

first big hair, then fanny packs and now this the 80s really have returned, shame it is the bad stuff from the 80s.

4. Rara Avis November 19, 2009 at 12:06 #

ohmigod.

5. iona November 19, 2009 at 12:09 #

OUCH!!!

i saw the pictures yesterday and was hoping for you to post them and reed your opinion!

trashy + tragedy.

xoxo
    iona.

6. GRACE November 19, 2009 at 12:22 #

Ouch, indeed. I quite liked the second look until I saw the close-up. I think I’m going to get nightmares…

7. Snarky Sharky November 19, 2009 at 12:39 #

Holy cow! Female Joker in the last pic. She’s such a pretty girl and this looks like a bad dream

8. ella November 19, 2009 at 12:49 #

No, No! did she just drop from space? thats how she looks in those trashy pants and clownish make up. ..such a pretty girl.

9. Harris November 19, 2009 at 12:54 #

You forgot to mention bad hair as well. yikes!

10. Ally November 19, 2009 at 12:55 #

Did she let one of her 12 yr old fans do her makeup and pick out her performance outfit? I saw a picture of her performance and her boyfriend Sebastian Stan is standing next to her grinning from ear to ear. It is clearly love.

11. XOXO November 19, 2009 at 12:58 #

I didn’t like her style before, but now I hate it.

12. YSLGirl November 19, 2009 at 13:15 #

I’m not getting why people are bashing her makeup when it’s clearly for her performance. Jesus.

• Fashion Critic November 19, 2009 at 13:19 #

please respect others opinions.

Performance or not its hideous.

• YSLGirl November 19, 2009 at 17:16 #

I do respect people’s opinions, but I feel that people are bashing her makeup as if she and her makeup stylists actively decided that the makeup is supposed to go with the Paule Ka outfit, when it’s not. The makeup probably took a lot of time to take to put on so she had it done ready for the performance.

• robbie November 19, 2009 at 14:57 #

just thinking about it, it may just be for the performance since the make-up will have to be a bit harsh for it to show under stage lights. but she could have put it on before she was gonna perform rather than on the red carpet.

• Ally November 19, 2009 at 15:28 #

robbie — I could see going a little heavy on the makeup if she was on a stage in a big arena, but she was just in a store. The audience was right next to her.

13. cucumber eyes November 19, 2009 at 13:16 #

mascarade… this is too much for my eyes… i like the make up on her eyesit’s interesting but with red lipstic… she looks like a clown… maybe she started working in a circus?

14. Lee-Shay November 19, 2009 at 13:26 #

OMG! Lol at “You’ve heard of drunk dialing, this is drunk styling at its very worst.” Great line, FC ;)

Trash-tastic

15. Hank November 19, 2009 at 13:29 #

The perfectest girl to play Harley Quinn…

16. justme November 19, 2009 at 14:03 #

“In her constant effort to distance herself from Blair Waldorf her style team have taken things way too far.”
    That’s exactly my issue with her at the moment. It’s like we get it, you are not Blair, it’s cool, you don’t have to be like this to get your point across.
    I mean damn, where the hell was she going with those pants looking like an extra in a MC Hammer video?
    And she cannot be serious with that makeup.

• Fashion Critic November 19, 2009 at 14:08 #

OMG LMAO @ “where the hell was she going with those pants looking like an extra in a MC Hammer video”

17. Naomi November 19, 2009 at 14:08 #

Wow. Just wow. First outfit is hideous, that hair, the pants. Love the second outfit but I honestly thought the close up had been through Microsoft Paint at the hands of my baby cousin. So garish.

18. Shemah November 19, 2009 at 15:46 #

OMG!!! Another one who’s still stuck on Halloween. Oh NO!

Don’t get me started on those PANTS! They make her look like…. like.. well, like she’s LEAKING! Grossnoxious!

19. Matt November 19, 2009 at 16:05 #

It’s not so much the makeup that bugs me as the execution of the makeup, it looks like they had an idea didn’t translate well on her face. The Irony of it all is she standing behing a train backdrop, I wish she ripped up that face and let the train drive it to no where land. ugh, and those outfits, She looks like an extra in a malt liquor commercial.

20. Leo November 19, 2009 at 16:07 #

I’ll have nightmares with this.

21. Emma November 19, 2009 at 17:17 #

These outfits are horrible.

But she went to an event last night and looked a million times better!!!

22. MixedUpDiva November 19, 2009 at 18:44 #

FC you should have more posts like this! Im all for taking fashion risks but this has gone to far.

• Fashion Critic November 19, 2009 at 18:48 #

there are a lot of horrors at the moment so it could become more regular

23. Daneka November 19, 2009 at 20:28 #

Everything about this look is tragic, hair,make-up and outfits. Bad, very bad.

24. jared November 19, 2009 at 20:41 #

it’d be fun to have a worst dressed of the week. i never thought leighton would be fighting with SHARON STONE, of all people, for worst look in a week.

25. nyma November 20, 2009 at 00:11 #

FC, i reeeeeeeeeally think this wud be the perfect time to feature Leighton’s Glamour magazine shoot so she can redeem herself. i love her style but i’d love to lose the memory of this disaster real fast ;)

• Fashion Critic November 20, 2009 at 00:32 #

Friday’s are always so busy, so my promise to you is to do it for Monday :*

• nyma November 20, 2009 at 17:21 #

thank u FC :) ur the best! and as for me, a Leighton fan, ill jus look the other way for now ;)

• Fashion Critic November 20, 2009 at 17:35 #

thanks Nyma :D

26. Laura November 20, 2009 at 00:39 #

OMG!I have no words to describe her.

27. b November 20, 2009 at 07:12 #

OMG

I usually love this girl style to death, but what is WRONG with her.

She had a fight with her stylist or something??!?!

Please go back to your usual self immediately!

28. jill November 20, 2009 at 11:15 #

Oh, FC, I love that line about drunk styling! ; )

Funny because I had posted something on a girl with fierce make-up yesterday (altho in her case I loved her in it, what do you think?:

and someone commented on Taylor Momsen, which got me clicking around, and I stumbled on these shots of poor old Leighton. A second later, I clicked on your site.. everything is connected, babe!

xoxo

29. Bizy November 20, 2009 at 13:24 #

poor Leighton.
    hope she doesn’t make such horrible mistakes again.
    stil love her.

30. Ahot November 20, 2009 at 15:40 #

ew!!!

31. SarahV November 20, 2009 at 19:35 #

A performance is no excuse for clown make-up to me…

32. eolanda November 24, 2009 at 19:27 #

reminds me of joker frm batman =.= in memory of heath ledger

33. Leighton´s number 1 fan January 29, 2011 at 04:09 #

she really dissappointed me with this look, and whats wrong about being Blair, I´ll love to be Blair, but if you dont wanna be Blair there is no need to be dress as a clown ther is no need to look awful, you are a gorgeous girl please dont waste your awesome look with this outfits