19.11.09

Social Events Of The Week

“Broken Embraces” New York Screening

On Penelope Cruz’ last red carpet outing she was head-to-toe in black.

This time she lightens up wearing an ivory Calvin Klein Pre-Fall 2009 look consisting of a full-length coat and 3/4 length sleeved velvet dress.

The colour is gorgeous against her olive skin and I love her glossy tumbling wavy locks.

I love it when Pen’s on top form, and this is one of those enjoyable occasions.

Printemps Christmas Window Display Launch, France

Natalia Vodianova can do pretty dresses, we all know that.

Here she proves she can look stunning wearing a navy blue Givenchy Fall 2009 suit.

The cut is exquisite and I love that she didn’t over accessorize this look.

‘Nine’ Screening, New York

I like Fergie’s Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2009 ensemble, and I don’t even mind the tights.

I just wish she’d loosen up that severe hairstyle, as it throws me off loving the look.

The Whaleman Foundation Benefit, LA

Sporting new bangs Hayden Panettiere looked stunning wearing an eggshell Tadashi Shoji Spring 2010 dress with an asymmetrical twisted neckline and a twisted detail on the skirt.

This colour shows off her year-round California tan.

I loved her gold trimmed accessories which included a Bally Agrippa-E clutch and Yves Saint Laurent Tribute suede sandals, which complimented her gold cuff.

“Star Trek” DVD/Blu-Ray Release Party, LA

After not being in love with Zoe Saldana last red carpet looks, she totally redeems herself wearing a Narciso Rodriguez Spring 2010 black and nude dress.

I’m loving those subtle animal print heels and that sheer draping neckline.

“Late Show With David Letterman”, New York

Nicole Kidman has been getting first dibs on all the L’Wren Scott Spring 2010 pieces, but Penelope got to pick this stunning black dress.

It’s simple, chic, shows of her stunning figure, plus I love the leather detailing on the shoulders.

I’m not sure why, but I’m currently obsessed with her glossy hair.

The Hollywood Reporter Honors Eva Longoria Parker With Philanthropist Of The Year Award, LA

Kate Beckinsale wears her second Andrew GN look this week.

Many of you said you find her red carpet style stale, boring, predictable and samey, but there’s not mermaid hem on this black long sleeved Andrew GN Spring 2010 dress.

Don’t you just love that silver beaded embellishment at waist which make the dress more interesting?

Grey YSL Tribute suede pumps and a black clutch complete the look.

I’m getting seriously worried that the current trend to apply a lot of white eyeshadow is catching on.

It’s very subtle on Eva Longoria, unlike Taraji P. Henson.

Eva was honoured at this event, walked the red carpet wearing a sexy red asymmetrical ruched Badgley Mischka Fall 2009 dress.

Unfortunately the hair and make-up puts me off loving this look.

Leona Lewis’ Album Celebration, LA

Oh Ciara. From the long shot and especially in the close up, all I can focus on are your goodies when I should be loving those delightful ruffled shoulders.

Sheer dress + no bra + flash blubs = exposure.

Celebrity red carpet dressing 101.

As much as I’m loving this new improved attitude from Leona Lewis, I’m not loving her obsession with those corseted belts.

It has worked on a few pieces, but on a Herve Leger bandage dress is just makes no sense at all.

Just don’t get me started on the ankle boots.

Credit: Style.com, London Features, Bauer Griffin & Wireimage

Zendaya Coleman In Ted Baker London - Millions Of Milkshakes Store Opening Ceremony

Zendaya Coleman In Ted Baker London – Millions Of Milkshakes Store Opening Ceremony

In Rihanna's Closet - Christian Louboutin Lynn 120 Backless Ankle Boots

In Rihanna’s Closet – Christian Louboutin Lynn 120 Backless Ankle Boots

26 Responses to Social Events Of The Week

1. Vera November 19, 2009 at 00:33 #

ZOE!!!

Leona Lewis? Ankle boots? With her legs? Oh really??

I have watched today ‘September Issue’. ‘Someone has to go to gym’. Sorry, Leona, but no ankle boots now.

• Fashion Critic November 19, 2009 at 00:50 #

it is tragic

2. sam November 19, 2009 at 00:57 #

omg..the corset ruined leona lewis’s look so bad..i like the shoes doh!!
    wats up wid ciara??”cover em up”
    no gown on kate b. ..a good surprize..change…she luks gr8
    i dnt like luk eva longoria at all…but i love her ..
    and lastly love penelope..girl rocks..

(see i didnt use caps…;) dis tym )

3. mol November 19, 2009 at 01:17 #

I love both Penelope’s outfits, I almost forgot how incredibly, generously beautiful she is. Zoe too is back on form, fit perfect, heels add that little noteworthy zing – BDOTW worthy for me.

I won’t mention the rest, except to say too bad, when it was Eva’s night to be honored, that she looked so bad! I really dislike her dress, and the make-up and hair really put the nail in this coffin of a look (well, the color’s nice I guess, but mostly boo!!!)

4. amelia November 19, 2009 at 01:33 #

is eva longoria’s dress really giambattista valli? it really looks like this Badgley Mischka http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/slideshow/F2009RTW-BMISCHKA?event=show1922&designer=design_house256&trend=&iphoto=16

5. Mar November 19, 2009 at 06:09 #

i love penelope in white (woow i can’t believe she was wearing this colour), zoe also looks pretty and elegant, and i love hayden’s dress but the hairstyle doesn’t works to me..

6. Jennifer November 19, 2009 at 06:30 #

FC… We can cry together about the eye shadow, even though we’re separated by an ocean.

The only one I’m in love with is Zoe. Hayden, while in a beautiful dress, looks about 30 for me for some strange reason.

7. mol November 19, 2009 at 07:26 #

Wow, how did i miss Natalia – beyond perfect!

8. molly November 19, 2009 at 10:58 #

This is a first, but I think Kate Beckinsale looks horrible. I didn’t even recognize her the look seems so off to me. Hair is dreadful, dress is blah and the shoes and tights not good. Are you sure this is not someone else?!’

Favorite is Natalia. What a gorgeous suit (although where is the second tier on the bottom of the jacket we see on runway photo?) – and she wears it beautifully.

Love Fergie’s look, Zoe Saldana. And poor Eva. Wrong night to use this hair and makeup team.

9. Bego November 19, 2009 at 11:13 #

Natalia is such a glamorous woman…! and i love Kate Beckinsale’s look, gorgeous from head to toe, the detail of the dress is beautiful!
    oh and no comments on Leona Lewis… someone help her

10. GRACE November 19, 2009 at 12:28 #

Is it just me, or is Hayden’s hair slightly darker than before? I’m not sure why but I don’t really like it here. Also, the dress’s neckline looked better on the runway IMO.

11. Ally November 19, 2009 at 13:05 #

I really like Zoe and Natalia. I love a classic suit.

Putting a corest over a dress that is already designed to suck you in like spanx is just silly. Ditch the corest and grab cuter black shoes and Leona would be a knock out. That color looks awesome on her.

12. cucumber eyes November 19, 2009 at 13:24 #

white penelope i love the colour on her but i wish she wore it without that coat; or dress or coat in different colour…
    Natalia Vodianova looks good but for some reson she’s boring for me…
    Hayden Panettiere looks great from feet to neck… after that she’s killing it for me with that hair… she needs new haircut asap, something fresh and young… this one make her like 10 years older…
    Eva Longoria beautiful dress but why oh why that make up… haloween is way back…
    Ciara would look great but she needs a bra :(

13. YSLGirl November 19, 2009 at 13:25 #

What’s this? Kate wearing an outfit that doesn’t make me want to snore.

Leona has been looking great recently…until now. Baaad.

Eva Longoria looks haggard.

Natalia and Zoe are Best Dressed of the Week-worthy.

I would’ve loved Ciara’s look if she had worn a bra (black to be precise).

14. eimear November 19, 2009 at 14:36 #

Ankle Boots! GOD!! What is with the over use of them! And why would Leona lewis wanna cut her leg at such a bad point.. not hot.

15. eimear November 19, 2009 at 14:39 #

Now that i look at it.. I think she should of swapped shoes with Kate Beckinsale! The grey shoe would look lovely with the purple and the boot would look good with Kates dress!

16. Matt November 19, 2009 at 16:11 #

Leona is soooo boring even when she tries to spies things up, I’m not the one to make jabs at someone’s weight, but please when you have legs like that, but in “A moment like this”, ankle boots, are not your friend. and seriously, belting that dress? and no, they won’t be “better in time” so get rid of that belt and “Run”.

• Fashion Critic November 19, 2009 at 16:12 #

so very cute :D

17. gg November 19, 2009 at 16:17 #

how ever much i love penelope, i am not liking either look.
    bored of seeing her in black and the white….. her face looks gorgeous but the outfitt is terrible.
    shiny white velvet…i’m at loss of words

18. Kim November 19, 2009 at 17:00 #

Zoe and Penelope’s first look is very cute! I also like Eva here.

19. jadore-fashion November 19, 2009 at 18:46 #

does anyone know who made ciara’s dress? thanks

20. Daneka November 19, 2009 at 20:34 #

Leona ruined the Herve Leger dress.There was no need at all for that corset belt & secondly, why pair a bandage dress with clunky ankle boots? Maybe, she was trying to toughen up her look? but I don’t like it.

21. sara November 19, 2009 at 21:57 #

i’m totally in love with penelope’s sandals, does someone know the designer?

22. Georgia Maude November 19, 2009 at 22:39 #

The criticism of Leona Lewis was relentless when she always wore tights; now the poor woman is showing her legs and is criticized that they don’t look as though they’ve been ground through a gym mill–she can’t win.

23. joshua February 1, 2010 at 11:04 #

i know i’m late but ciara wears jeremy scott http://www.coutorture.com/Paris-Fashion-Week-Jeremy-Scott-Fall-2009-2899026?page=0,0,30