Who Wore H&M Better? Katy Perry or Rihanna

Katy Perry and Rihanna are good friends so when they realise they wore the same knitted H&M sweater dress a day apart, I’m sure they will have a good laugh about – especially as neither appear to be wearing make-up.

Katy Perry was spotted leaving Philippe Chow restaurant in LA this week, wearing her belted sweater dress with black knee-high boots.

The make-up free singer still manages to look gorgeous as she heads to her car.

Rihanna appeared to be a a foul mood when she left her Nobu in London last night.

What’s up RiRi? Did someone diss your fanny pack?

It maybe a Louis Vuitton fanny pack, but it’s still a fanny pack.

The singer who performed at the Brixton Academy this week wore her dress with workman type boots, sunglasses and a long gold chain.

I just can’t get over the fanny pack, so Katy wins this for me.

As much as I hate to admit, it looks like Katy, Rihanna and I share the same taste in fashion as I have this same dress in my closet.

I think I might wear it today – without a fanny pack.

Credit: Wenn

Kate Mara In Sandro - 2014 Summer Party presented by Coach and Friends Of The Highline

Kate Mara In Sandro – 2014 Summer Party presented by Coach and Friends Of The Highline

Who Wore 3.1 Phillip Lim Better? Michelle Williams, Yoon-A or Vivica A Fox

Who Wore 3.1 Phillip Lim Better? Michelle Williams, Yoon-A or Vivica A Fox

15 Responses to Who Wore H&M Better? Katy Perry or Rihanna

1. IlovePOLY November 18, 2009 at 09:35 #

I love the cool vuitton fanny pack but I vote for katy because the dress doesn’t suit rihanna’s body and eww @her boots.

2. Matt November 18, 2009 at 10:46 #

That Fanny pack is absolutely Tacky and leave it to the tackiest…I mean edgiest of them all to wear it. I vote for Katy not just because of Rihanna’s fanny pack but because Katy looks so beautiful without Makeup.

3. robbie November 18, 2009 at 11:45 #

oh god fanny packs, i just get these horrible thoughts of girls in the 80s wearing them thinking they are cool. neither of them wear it best, but fc i bet you would wear it best :-D

that sweater dress is gorgeous, is it still available?

• Fashion Critic November 18, 2009 at 12:03 #

Not sure…I got it about 2 months ago

• erik mercedes November 18, 2009 at 15:34 #

It is in the USA! I bought it over the weekend and it only cost $40! (:

• robbie November 18, 2009 at 16:33 #

thanks, i will try and get my aunt to pick me one up then :-)

• Mischa November 19, 2009 at 22:27 #

Its still available in the UK :D I found plenty today in the Oxford St and Regent St stores today for £30, and it looks so much better in real life!

• Fashion Critic November 20, 2009 at 00:02 #

It so does you are right. Did you buy one?

• Mischa November 20, 2009 at 15:22 #

I’m buying mine tommorow, I can’t wait! Thankyouuu for featuring this or how would I have known?!

4. TLVgirl November 18, 2009 at 12:27 #

I love this dress! It looks amazing on Katy. Rihana is just weird. I really love her but I don’t understand her redicolous choices. when I saw that look I thought this must be a joke. Who in their right mind will go out in public wearing a fanny pack???
    And the monstrosity does’nt stop there because Her boots are just as frightening not to mention the crazy nail polish. Maybe it’s her halloween costume. scary indeed

5. Ally November 18, 2009 at 12:47 #

Ok, seriously? Fanny packs?? That’s how far we are willing to slide back into the 80s? If they start coming in neon colors I’m done.

6. Sara November 18, 2009 at 17:37 #

I love Katy’s look with the thigh high boots and belt. Really completes it.

7. Mallory November 18, 2009 at 20:48 #

I see elise neal has the sweater dress as well.

8. jK November 19, 2009 at 05:06 #

rihanna always like she’s marching over to kill you.