18.11.09 In Her Closet

Heidi Montag Wears Miu Miu’s Embellished Knee-High Socks

Speidi aka Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt are busily promoting their new book on “How to Be Famous”.

I’ve done my best to ignore them, but they keep popping up everywhere.

Whilst leaving their hotel in New York to enroute to the “Live with Regis and Kelly” studios, something caught my eye – her Miu Miu embellished socks.

These nude ribbed knee-high socks with multicoloured sequin and bead embellishment epitomized the bourgeoisie mood of the runway.

Heidi ruins that mood, by taking the socks to tackyville pairing them with a gold fur coat, a white mini knit dress and Christian Louboutin’s Mamimo pumps.

She has the opposite to the midas touch, everything she touches turns to blah.

These Fall 2009 embellished knee-high socks were on Net-A-Porter, but they have since sold-out.

Click here to check out her YSL ‘Easy’ boots which she wore on Alexa Chung’s show this week.

Credit: Style.com, PacificCoastNews

In Rachel McAdams' Closet - Stella McCartney Lace-Detailed Dress

In Rachel McAdams’ Closet – Stella McCartney Lace-Detailed Dress

Jason Wu's New Website

Jason Wu’s New Website

13 Responses to Heidi Montag Wears Miu Miu’s Embellished Knee-High Socks

1. robbie November 18, 2009 at 12:11 #

it is killing me to say this but i think i like those loubies she is wearing *washes mouth out with bleach* but those socks oh god they go from class to trash within a matter of seconds.

2. TLVgirl November 18, 2009 at 12:11 #

Fc you are spott on about her negative Midas touch. EVERYTHING about her look is wrong it’s redicolous. She is every designer’s nightmare. I bet they are all terrified of her butchering their creations

3. Jules O'C November 18, 2009 at 12:21 #

OMG!
    I am hesistant to say this – but I think it suits her and looks cute – sure, it’s still the Montag so it’s obviously a lucky strike since her “popping up everywhere” gets her heaps of money so she can afford lots of nice things and eventually there will be an ok-pick
    the air must be too thin up here

4. cucumber eyes November 18, 2009 at 12:37 #

socks are to die for but this girl makes them so trashy… such a vaste :(

5. I Get a Fever November 18, 2009 at 12:44 #

“Everything she touches turns to blah” – Hilarious! And so true. I can’t stand her.

6. Ally November 18, 2009 at 12:44 #

At least we now don’t have to worry about these socks turning up on the redcarpet or something silly like that. NO way I would let a client wear those after her if I was a stylist.

• Lou November 18, 2009 at 14:45 #

But then the world may never see how those gorgeous socks SHOULD be worn…

• mm November 18, 2009 at 15:31 #

I had the same question Lou. I think Hedi tried to make the socks more wearable for a day look. I think she looks cute. On the runway they are worn with a longer dress/skirt so you have the appearance of one lux piece, more of an evening look. So no Hedi’s look isnt as elegant but i wouldnt say she looks trashy

7. Mar November 18, 2009 at 14:25 #

lovely socks!! but i don’t like her! i prefered seeing it on another girl..

8. Isabel November 18, 2009 at 15:22 #

I like the socks, but not on Heidi. But the socks are really beautiful like all Miu Miu collection.

9. Ally November 18, 2009 at 16:48 #

I wish the whole world would go on a Speidi BAN! for life!

10. Chelsea December 22, 2009 at 22:45 #

I absolutely hate Heidi Montag but I think this look is really really cute, minus the coat.

11. Leahg cartoonist February 7, 2013 at 10:58 #

Having looked at images of models wearing these socks to see how they look I have to say Heidi’s interpretation of how they should be worn is a vast improvement. The models on the runway look utterly ridiculous wearing these with pencil skirts. No one is going to wear them like that.