“The Twilight Saga: New Moon” LA Premiere

As hard as I tried, I just couldn’t love Kristen Stewart in this stunning Oscar de la Renta Resort 2010 tulle gown.

If she wanted to be the Bella of this ball she shouldn’t scowled her way down the red carpet, and she should’ve done more with her hair.

For me this is a waste of a stunning gown.

As much as it was Kristen’s night, Dakota Fanning stole her red carpet thunder.

The teen actress wore a cute Valentino Spring 2010 lace dress paired with a maroon satin pair of platform heels.

I would’ve loved it if she had kept the cute bow, but I guess she was going for a more grown up look.

Definitely a BDOTW contender…

…as is Ashley Greene .

She was a total knock-out wearing a Prabal Gurung Fall 2009 ravishing red gown.

The high-neck gown had an incredibly sexy draping detail at the back.

Half-up-half-down hairstyles usually bother me, but Ashley has so much good going on I can not fault her.

Noot Seear surprised me being the 3rd celebrity to wear a piece from Alexander McQueen’s Spring 2010 collection.

I’ll admit I didn’t know who she was, but the Canadian actress sure does justice to this reptile print dress.

Instead of the Armadillo heels she opted for a sexy pair of strappy platform heels.

Anna Kendrick sparkled on the red carpet wearing a Talbot Runhof Fall 2009 black asymmetrical one sleeve sequin-mini dress.

This dress sure does put you in the festive spirit with the red and white studs which add a bit of colour to this cute/sexy mini.

She completed her look with Stella McCartney heels.

I’m very grateful to Christian Serratos for modifying this Rafael Cennamo Fall 2009 gown into a cute and sassy mini dress.

I just wish her gold and silver pailette covered mini dress was worn with better shoes.

Those bronze ankle boots are like kryptonite to my eyes.

Author Stephenie Meyer glided down the red carpet wearing a custom-made Carolina Herrera gown with a mermaid hem.

The gown is loosely based black and grey embroidered sheath dress which was presented on the Fall 2009 runway.

I love how much more dramatic Stephenie’s gown is to the runway look.

A chic updo and Gothic beads complete this stunning look.

Julia Jones showed off her legs wearing a sexy coral BCBG Max Azria mini dress.

I just love this colour against her caramel skin.

What a beauty.

Julianne Hough’s look has a touch of de ja vu to it, as it reminds me of the Prabal Gurung look we saw on Becki Newton recently.

Nikki Reed opted for a stunning silk baby blue Burberry mini dress, paired with Christian Louboutin heels.

[nggallery id=240]

Credit: Style.com, Elle & Wireimage

Prada Book Launch

Prada Book Launch

Style Spotlight - Christine Centenera

Style Spotlight – Christine Centenera

62 Responses to “The Twilight Saga: New Moon” LA Premiere

1. amelia November 17, 2009 at 14:05 #

as you’ve sair it, a waste of a perfectly nice gown on Kristen Stewart, she seems to struggle with the dress, as if she had been forced to wear it; about Dakota, I really wish she had worn the runway version of her dress, with the front bow and a more voluminous skirt.
    the rest of this red carpet feels quite blah to me, even Ashley Greene.

2. Melanie November 17, 2009 at 14:09 #

I think Kristen’s dress ‘wore’ her.
    I don’t like the styling of her hair. There was so much potential….
    Reminds of the days from when Avril Lavigne would do something to be a ‘punk’ princess.

• Fashion Critic November 17, 2009 at 14:11 #

yes there is a feeling of Avril Lavigne here.

3. Kiran Sooknandan November 17, 2009 at 14:13 #

As much as I love Dakota’s look, I wish she wore the Oscar de la Renta because I loved that gown and it kills me to see it on Kristen.

4. londoners November 17, 2009 at 14:14 #

For me this is a waste of a stunning gown.

ITA.

Can I ask you about the dress that wore the woman with Billy Burke?

5. Nikki L November 17, 2009 at 14:19 #

I love the Oscar de la Renta gown Kristen picked, but I wished she did something with her hair. It looked lifeless on her.

I just adore Dakota Fanning. She always dresses her age and always looks fresh. And she’s not trying too hard. Miley Cyrus, are you reading this?

Ashley Greene looked stunning. SHE stole the red carpet thunder. I love the style of her dress and the color looked good on her.

Noot Sear looked pretty too as well as Anna Kendrick. Julia Jones is gorgeous.

I cringed when I saw Christian Serratos’ shoes and Nikki Reed’s look is boring. She could have done better. Stephanie Meyer should have picked a gown with a different silhouette

6. cucumber eyes November 17, 2009 at 14:21 #

i expected more of this red carpet but i turned out to be big blah… kristen is huge no in this dress, i whish she wore something short and little edgy, she’s not princess type of girl so dress seems to have eaten her, an also her posture and whole “i feel so not comfortable in my skin” posture doesn’t help it at all… the rest of the red carpet, nothing special… nothing that stays in my memory…

7. Jennifer November 17, 2009 at 14:26 #

Sometimes I wonder if Kristen thinks that her scowling is her smoldering… because if she does, it epically fails…

I love Ashley Greene. Love love love it. Now I’m torn between Blake, Kate, and Ashley. She looks spectacular, and I think her hair really works with this dress… because you can see the neckline, but not completely which for me adds to the allure.

8. Greta November 17, 2009 at 14:27 #

Kristen looks uncomfortable… Too bad, the dress is gorgeous.
    The Best Derssed was Ashley Greene !
    She looked hot and classy.

9. Stuti November 17, 2009 at 14:28 #

Aww! Dakota makes my heart melt. She is adorable!
    Kristen, booyeah. :D
    Ashley looks so good, but the hair really bothers me, I need an updo with that stunning gown.
    Stephanie is so pretty, though I do not, in any way, have any respect for her literary skills.

10. iona November 17, 2009 at 14:30 #

i find ashley beautiful here!
    Stephenie Meyer….really u like it FC?
    i just find it awful….

• Fashion Critic November 17, 2009 at 15:24 #

yes I do.

It’s not all about size 0.

• YSLGirl November 17, 2009 at 15:56 #

I don’t think it’s anything about size 0. The dress fits her well. It’s just an awful dress.

• Fashion Critic November 17, 2009 at 16:06 #

thanks for adding your opinion

• Sydne November 17, 2009 at 17:35 #

I like it too. I wouldn’t necessarily wear it but it has a vampire feel, perfect for the premiere. And she looks happy in, which is the most important thing.

Has someone else worn Kristen’s Oscar dress? It’s driving me crazy because it looks so familiar. Or maybe I just remember it from the runway because it’s so beautiful.

And agreed about Ashley Greene. Knockout!

• Sydne November 17, 2009 at 18:20 #

Hmmm, maybe that’s what I was thinking of. Not sure.

Too bad Lucy didn’t give Kristen some tips on how to wear tulle before the event!

11. mimi November 17, 2009 at 14:30 #

kristen stewart makes me cringe. what a shame, what a waste. If I were Oscar de la Renta, I would sue her haha.
    my favorites are Noot Seear and Dakota Fanning. Not only their dresses are outstanding, but I’m in love with their heels as well.

12. Chloe November 17, 2009 at 14:31 #

Eventhough I would’ve loved to see Kristen Stewart in something with a little color, she did very much surprised me by wearing a floorlength gown. I figured she would’ve gone for another cocktaildress.
    I would love to see her with a tight updo or something.
    But as always her make up is simply stunning !

13. Funny Twilight Clips November 17, 2009 at 14:36 #

I think Kristen looked good in the glittery gown she wore, but Dakota and Ashley Greene looked amazing in their dresses.

14. Gemma November 17, 2009 at 14:39 #

Christian Serratos could be wearing a bin liner and I wouldn’t notice because I can’t stop staring at that awful lipstick.

Ashley looks amazing. Prabel Gurung is definitely having a good year.

15. robbie November 17, 2009 at 14:45 #

Kristen, such a beautiful dress but on her its a massive flop.

dakota, its a cute dress but her hairs are very blah, and her hair is so boring.

ashley, my only dislike is that her hair isnt all back it would have been nice to have it all back to show off the neckline.

noot, fabulous dress and nice shoes.

anna, wow i cant believe this is the girl from the movie camp. she is so pretty and the dress is very nice.

christian, well its nice if she was planning to be a wh*re. sorry but that dress is way too short plus the lip colour is hideous.

stephanie, its a mess it looks too tight on her and the colour is rather dull looking.

julia, this is so cute i love the colour against her skin. i wish christian had wore something like this rather than the hooker dress.

julianne, whatever happened to the nice dresses? she is very pretty but her outfit choices are rather bad,

nikki, very plain but kinda cute.

16. T from Sydney November 17, 2009 at 14:46 #

i am a big Kristen fan but i agree with you FC i cant love the dress. i actually wanted her to wear Dakotas dress, i think there’s gona show new moon in New York so maybe Kristen can redeem herself then. ive been loving her looks from the past week and this is kinda a letdown. i dont think this is her style she can pull off. The hair *sigh* i think we should just ignore it till it grows longer and colour
    i wasn’t that impressed with the rest either i think i had too high expectations and was really let down
    BUT i was loved loved loved Dakota and Julia Jones they were the best for me. BDOTW for both ladies !!
    Ashley i wasn’t impressed i think it was the hair, i don’t like the extensions i really loved her short hair.
    Noot i think she was a model before acting but i was wondering what her dress was it was hard to tell in the live streaming.
    Christian hate the boots!!
    Anna I think it was cute but im not loving it
    Don’t know what to think about Stephenies dress same with Nikki’s
    Ps abit off topic but I heard Robert P was named sexiest man of the year by people mag. I like him and all but Alexander Skarsgård from True blood is TOTALLY the sexiest man (and vampire) hands down he altest has fangs!!

17. Simrit November 17, 2009 at 14:51 #

Ashley Greene is owning the red carpet. Kristin Stewart doesn’t seem all bad to me. I’d like it if you’d suggest which shoes, according to you, would go with which dress when you are critiquing the ones worn by them.

18. Jasmine November 17, 2009 at 14:58 #

I completely disagree. You happened to choose the two pics where Kristen was not smiling. Go to gettyimages/wireimages and look at the pics. She had a huge smile on her face, and was literally beaming. She hands downed owned the red carpet last night. Glad to see almost all the other fashion sites disagree with you and are praising her and her look from last night:) And saying she stole the show!

But I do agree with you on Dakota Fanning, she looked stunning. And Noor, loved her dress

Ashley Greene, too much! It makes it look tacky, she should have done much less hair/makeup.

Nikki Reed looks like she is wearing a shower curtain

• Fashion Critic November 17, 2009 at 15:22 #

Thanks for your advice, but I get all my images from Getty and Wireimage, thank you very much.

You are entitled to disagree with me. There were over 200 pictures of Kristen last night, smiling or not she looked ridiculous in that gown.

I don’t get paid by fashion houses, nor am I looking to keep Kristen’s publicist sweet, so I’m free to speak my mind freely.

• Jasmine November 17, 2009 at 15:35 #

Im not saying you are wrong for not liking it. I am saying that a lot of people liked the look on her (including me). Unlike you, i did not think she looked ridiculous, but stunning with the right mix of elegance and punk.

Just because someone liked her look it does not mean they are being paid by fashion houses or her publicists. Its all subjective. Whats ridiculous to you is stunning to someone else.

Anyway, i love your site, and sometimes i disagree with you, and in Kristen’s case i did:)

• Fashion Critic November 17, 2009 at 15:47 #

You clearly didn’t understand the point I was making so I will end this discussion by saying, thank you for your comment.

• Lisa November 18, 2009 at 04:27 #

I have to disagree Jasmine. I saw the pictures in which she was smiling and she did not look any better. At all. The gown still wore her and her hair still looked awful. It simply wasn’t a gown that could be mixed with a “punk” look. You can’t be “dark and punk rock” in a floor-length tulle gown. It didn’t work on Kristen and I seriously doubt it would work on anyone, ever.

19. T. November 17, 2009 at 15:08 #

Love Dakota’s cute Valentino dress.
    Anna wore a beautiful dress with nice details.
    Noot Seear looks fierce…

• Letícia November 17, 2009 at 15:25 #

Noot Sear used to be a model before she became an actress. Models always look fierce and wear the best dresses, don’t they? For me she’s the best dressed at the event.

20. Marvel November 17, 2009 at 15:10 #

Ashley knocks Kristen out of the park. I know who my vote is going to…

21. Alexandra November 17, 2009 at 15:11 #

very well dressed premiere imo :)

i’m glad that Ashley after her disastrous D&G outfit went back to her best :) I love how the red works with her hair and skin. beauty!

Dakota looks just perfect, that girl can do no wrong :)

As for Kristen… well, she just ruined the good impression she made with several previous outfits. Shame :(

22. Letícia November 17, 2009 at 15:11 #

That’s what I keep thinking about Kristen Stewart. She’s gorgeous and so is the dress, but to really pull off a dress like that you have to WEAR it, not just put it on. To me this is even worse than Avril Lavigne. I’m really underwhelmed with the rest of the looks too.

23. YSLGirl November 17, 2009 at 15:54 #

Kristen’s outfit is kind of growing on me, plus I love how much range she had during this promo tour.

Dakota looks nice, I guess.

Ashley is the best dressed at the event for me. BDotW contender!

Stephenie looks horrible. She can’t write without butchering a thesaurus, either.

24. Ally November 17, 2009 at 16:01 #

Kristen and Dakota should have swapped dresses. I just don’t think Kristen is comfortable wearing long gowns and for a movie premiere she definitely could have gotten away with something shorter/edgier. Whoever is styling her needs to realize that she looks best when they let her stay in her comfort zone. Like the Balenciaga from last week.

25. mol November 17, 2009 at 16:40 #

I love Dakota Fanning here, I’m glad she left the bow off as I think it would have swamped her and made her look like a kid in dresss up.

I think if the sleeves of Stephenie Meyers were all black and the embroidered detail on the bodice smaller and curving more round her boobs, I would have liked her dress more, but very pretty face, like the red lipstick black beads combo.

I don’t hate Kirsten in her dress (the color is gorg with her pale skin and I love the the way the bodice fits her), but for me, she doesn’t really suit this floaty style, she might pull a different type of long gown off though….

Love Noot Seear’s dress.

26. Dani November 17, 2009 at 17:06 #

Hm, I agree with you about Kristen. The dress doesn’t seem right for her, it doesn’t really fit her frame somehow. Perhaps it’s because she’s slouching… my trademark pet peeve!
    I also didn’t really like Anna Kendrick, although I love her pale sking somehow the dress just didn’t work for me with her, and I think Nikki was dressed a bit blandly for the event =/.

In my opinion, Noot Seear looked the best at this event, i really think she should be up for BDOTW, because she took a risk when she could have gone for much easier – and safe – options like Herve Leger. It’s a hard dress to work and I think she owned it!

I also love Dakota here :) I think she’s adorable. I don’t know why everyone is hating on Stephanie so much here, I loved how the red lipstick popped against the black and white and you’re right, it’s not all about size zero. I think her curves look great here!

27. Bego November 17, 2009 at 17:16 #

for me, Ashley Greene is the best dress at this event, she looks fantastic, the dress is gorgeous (the part in the back is so cool!) i love the colour and the hair as well!
    Dakota looks so cute, but i agree with you FC, the bow would have made her look even better.
    Kristen… there’s something wrong, not the hair because i think from her neck up she looks gorgeous, i think maybe it’s the colour of the gown… Don’t know.
    I like Nikki Reed’s dress, but it could have been better accesorized maybe… or it could have been that the other girls look more dressed up don’t you think??

• Fashion Critic November 17, 2009 at 17:29 #

I like the dress too, but it feels like the others made more of an effort for such a big occasion.

28. TLVgirl November 17, 2009 at 17:31 #

Kristen is one of the hottest actresses right now so why does she look so miserable? maybe because she knows she can’t pull of her pretty gown or maybe becauase she is outshined by 15 year old Dakota. This girl is amazing! when I was 15 I barely had the confidence to talk to boys and my mom still bought me clothes. Dakota is rocking the red carpet with more confidence and grace than any other starlett at this event and she looks AMAZING. Ashley looks incredible too. her dress is soooo beautiful.

• T from Sydney November 17, 2009 at 20:42 #

lol my mum did that too. but she stills buy a few things for me now at 21, usually the more expensive items.

29. Kim November 17, 2009 at 17:43 #

I like Julianne’s look even though it was de ja vu.

Anna K looked great!

Whoever that is in the Rafeal Cennamo looks very cute- even in the ankle boots and for me this is big!

Dakota looks very cute. I like the dress better w/o the bow.

Kristen’s dress is nice and it doesnt bother me so much but he HAIR is horrifc!

30. justme November 17, 2009 at 18:04 #

I won’t even bother with Kristen. Just uughh…

I don’t sure why she ditched the bow but I really like Dakota’s look anyway. I hope she continues to stay classy cause that’s one kid actress I actually have faith in.

Christian looks like she’s hitting the club and not the red carpet. It’s not necessarily a bad thing, I’m just pointing it out. That lipstick though… I.DO.NOT.APPROVE.

• justme November 17, 2009 at 18:05 #

*I don’t = I’m not

31. Juliette November 17, 2009 at 18:31 #

I am so disppointed by this red carpet.
    There is only two girls who made the “wow” impression on me: Dakota Fanning and Christian Serratos.

Dakota looks so cute in her Valentino dress, even without the bow. “Definitely a BDOTW contender” you said? I agree!

And I LOVE Christian Serratos mini dress, especially because of the golden mirrors. And I think she has the best hair color here. I don’t mind the ankel boots. However, what I mind is her lip shade. This looks weird with the rest of the look.

And I like Julianne Hough’s look too but this is rather a simple outfit, nothing special. And the hot pink clutch doesn’t fit with the rest in my opinion.

Everything else is pretty boring as the others said.
    Even the burberry baby blue dress which I absolutely adore looks rather boring on Nikki Reed.

And Kristen Stewart… She’s the bigger deception. I mean… I really love her, as an actress and as a person. I think she’s unique and it’s very great to see that she doesn’t behave like the other Hollywood “Barbie Girls”. When she says she’s not into fashion at all, I can understand. But come on, for the premiere of your film?! She looks like she didn’t try to make any effort. She could have done something better than that with her hair. I remember that she was absolutely stunning for her Twilight premiere last year. But here… It’s a shame because I thing the dress is very much in her style. Such a disappointment

32. KelseyTailor November 17, 2009 at 18:35 #

Ashley Greene is so gorgeous in this dress… she is the show stealer…

LOVE IT
    best dressed by far.

33. Lou November 17, 2009 at 19:28 #

Love Stephanie’s dress, and Dakota’s is fab – don’t mind the alterations to the runway version. Kristen doesn’t do justice to a gorgeous dress – shame.

34. MatteaAM November 17, 2009 at 19:46 #

I really dont get this Kristen girl.
    Every time I see her face, no matter what she wears, I know Im not gona like it…she just makes me not like clothes.
    xD

35. Alicia November 17, 2009 at 21:56 #

Christian’s booties are by Stella McCartney – apparently her stylist didn’t want to send her out in any leather, since she just starred in that PETA ad.

• Fashion Critic November 17, 2009 at 22:20 #

makes sense.

Thanks for the info :)

36. Annel November 17, 2009 at 22:20 #

Hm. There are a lot of pics from the premiere where Kristen smiles and where she looks a lot more at ease than this photo! And her hair-do is a huge improvement from previous events! That said, I still don’t think the dress is perfect on her. She’s just not the ball-gown-type!

37. Davor November 17, 2009 at 22:47 #

I absolutely agree with your comment about Kristen Stewart, FC. She has a “What-am-I-doing-here?” look.

38. sydneycheapchic November 17, 2009 at 23:46 #

Ashley Greene looks gorgeous here.. and I am loving the Alexander McQueen on Noot Sear.. (i think i prefer this than Camilla Belle’s a few weeks back)

I also like Julia Jone’s dress.. but overall a bit blah.. I do love her skin tone though.

39. Elaine November 18, 2009 at 03:15 #

As far as I am concerned, EVERYONE outdid Kristen, which is quite sad to be honest…

40. Danika November 18, 2009 at 05:13 #

There are heaps of pictures of Kristen smiling at this event, give her a break she is only human she can’t smile every single second.

I do prefer the cute little dress she wore to the Regal Benefit Screening …

41. ana laura November 18, 2009 at 05:37 #

OMG i share with you the same of kristen and dakota outfit
    it seems like kristen its not even trying!
    total waste
    and the opposite for dakote she wOWed me!

42. Allyson November 18, 2009 at 06:34 #

Stephanie Meyer looks HORRIBLE here. I know it’s “not all about size 0″ but that dress makes her look 129038109283x heavier than she is. Not flattering at all, and it looks way too tight.

43. Shemah November 18, 2009 at 09:17 #

Apparently, Julia Jones’ dress was by Norwegian designer Leila Hafzi. But when i first saw it too, i immediately thought it was BCBG Max Azria.

I actually liked Kristen’s dress but I think it was her hair that messed it up a little bit for me.

I love pretty much everyone else.. Christian Serratos is the exception. Love her dress.. not the hair and lip. I really loved her jet black hair and not really loving her hair color now. But that could be overlooked if not for the lipstick color. *shudders*

44. Sheri November 18, 2009 at 18:03 #

I have such a hard time liking anything on Kristen, she always seems very uncomfortable.

45. kaylee November 29, 2009 at 05:22 #

where is julianne’s top from? i am so in love with it.

46. melesa December 31, 2009 at 20:19 #

wtf kristen was so awesome and beautiful her dress was the most beautiful one and also loved dakot’s look