17.11.09

The CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Awards

Jessica Szohr wore the blue print version of this Thakoon Spring 2010 dress to this prestigious event.

I’m glad she picked the darker colour, as I would love to see the lighter print saved for the Spring.

Strappy booties and tamed sleek straight hair complete this look.

What? No ankle boots?

Alexa Chung looks really cute wearing a red Jason Wu Spring 2010 dress with a ruffled neckline.

I love those bold red lips.  It’s very rare that we see her wearing make-up.

Ballet flats complete the look, but I’m also missing the black runway waist belt.

Cassie looked really good on this occasion.

The singer donned an off-the-shoulder black and gold striped Brian Reyes draped dress from the Spring 2010 collection.

The dress was paired with open-toe booties.

Georgina Chapman wore a black Marchesa Fall 2009 dress, which has an intricate embroidered detail all over.

The designer paired her dress with the same Christian Louboutin for Marchesa lace ankle boots as the runway model, plus a black clutch from her Spring 2010 collection.

Coco Rocha looked fierce in wearing this Rodarte Spring 2009 black and white dress on the runway, but Karen Elson softens the look by adding black pumps and bouncy curls.

Many of you hated Nicole Kidman’s last L’Wren Scott dress at the CMA’s.

On this occasion she wore a stunning ivory Lanvin tulle lace gown.

Her boobs aren’t squashed, she not too washed out, the black sash tied to the waist is adorably accented with a white rose.

Love it or hate it?

Credit: Style.com, Getty & Wireimage

30 Comments
Style Spotlight - Christine Centenera

Style Spotlight – Christine Centenera

In Heidi Montag's Closet - Yves Saint Laurent Easy Leather Boots

In Heidi Montag’s Closet – Yves Saint Laurent Easy Leather Boots

30 Responses to The CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Awards

1. julia November 17, 2009 at 18:30 #

does alexa wear too wide shoes? xd
    agree with you.i miss the belt
    but this is one of my favourite dresses from all spring 2010 collectoins (ok.haven’t seen all xD)

• robbie November 17, 2009 at 20:31 #

i dont think alexa has wide shoes on, i think it is just her pose making the sides of her shoes stick out.

2. YSLGirl November 17, 2009 at 18:48 #

This is the first interesting outfit Nicole Kidman has worn in ages. Best Dressed worthy.

Karen Elson is also Best Dressed worthy mainly because we rarely these Rodarte dresses and she pulls it off well.

Georgina looks like she’s ready to take part in the Ice Capades.

Alexa wears the red lipstick well, but I don’t like it with the dress. It feels like an overkill.

3. S November 17, 2009 at 18:54 #

The lighting in this event sucks!

Like Nicole’s dress.

• Fashion Critic November 17, 2009 at 19:00 #

it was the same last year funnily enough

4. Scott November 17, 2009 at 18:55 #

I find Jessica painful to look at and don’t believe this looks suits her at all.

I do however think that Nicole looks really soft and beautiful, and your comment about the fit of the dress is dead on.

• Jules O'C November 17, 2009 at 21:13 #

“painful to look at ”
      TOOOOTALLY

5. mm November 17, 2009 at 19:13 #

Nicole look reminds me of a lace doily, I didnt like them on my grandmother’s coffee table nor do i like them on Nicole. I know she is living country now but she can do better.

6. Lou November 17, 2009 at 19:16 #

Nicole looks much much better in the Lanvin gown, but white is one of her safe bets… really didn’t like the red dress but at least it was departure from her usual choices!

7. Jess November 17, 2009 at 19:17 #

Karen looks so good. She is immaculate.
    I want Georgina’s booties! And Alexa is so zzzzz……as usual. Don’t get her appeal.

• Lou November 17, 2009 at 19:37 #

Agree about Alexa… though her look would have been sooooo much better with the runway belt

8. MEME November 17, 2009 at 19:51 #

I can’t believe that I’m about to font this…… but Georgina Chapman doesn’t look so flawless as she usually does……… *SHOCK*

• Jennifer November 17, 2009 at 21:56 #

I shockingly agree. Which surprises me too!

I think the only look for me that stands out is Coco Rocha in the Rodarte dress. I do like Nicole’s, but it’s not BDOTW for me at all. And her boobs look much more natural this time around.

9. mol November 17, 2009 at 20:04 #

I love Karen Elson in this Rodarte dress – as I scanned down this entry she is the only one who stopped me, BDOTW worthy IMO.

I agree with the grandma and lace doily comment re Nicole – way too fussy for someone her age.

10. mimi November 17, 2009 at 20:25 #

I LOVE Nicole Kidman’s look. definitely BDOTW worthy. I think Georgina Chapman always looks incredible in her designs an it saddens me when lots of other ladies in Marchesa are nominated for the best dressed whereas she’s rarely nominated. I think she carries her designs better than anybody else and deserves more appreciation in general.

11. robbie November 17, 2009 at 20:30 #

jessica, it is cute but im not wowed and thankfully she combed her hair.

alexa, wonder if her ankle boots had to be cut off her feet. it makes a nice change and has her hair been washed? lol

cassie, blahtastic.

georgina, love her she is amazing but this is so boring. plus i find the fact she wore the same shoes as the model rather dull and not exciting.

karen, i absolutely love this look so much better than on the runway. shame about the boring shoe choice though.

nicole, LOVE IT! another reason why her with blonde hair was bad she always looked so pale, but now the strawberry blonde hair gives her some life again.

12. juliette November 17, 2009 at 20:42 #

Wow
    Apart from Nicole Kidman (don’t like the style of the dress even though she looks pretty elegant), I’m actually loving all these looks. Alexa and Cassie made an effort for once. Good job ladies!

13. lan November 17, 2009 at 21:08 #

both of nicoles dresses were painful for me.
    i always think jessica looks so much better on gg.. theres always just one little thing thats slightly off when shes out & about, its either hair & make-up or an item of clothing, but thats just imo.

14. Kim November 17, 2009 at 21:10 #

From the way those shoes look on Alexa she might as well have worn ankle boots!

15. Kim November 17, 2009 at 21:12 #

I love Gerogina’s look as I usually do and I would like Cassie but the fit is off to me.

16. Jules O'C November 17, 2009 at 21:15 #

Georgina????
    ABSOLUTELY NO.
    period
    never thought I’d ever say that.
    but NO
    *sittingonfashionheavencloudnexttoyvesenthusiasticallyshakinghisheadandnotlikingit*

• mm November 17, 2009 at 21:25 #

LMAO! I am extra mad i had to read that three times though, But i got it, LOL!

• Jules O'C November 18, 2009 at 11:42 #

oops – sorry
        *adjustingmyhalo*

17. Hannah November 17, 2009 at 22:30 #

I think that is the only Marchesa dress in existence that I don’t like. I know I’ve seen it on figure skaters before, which is really where that style should stay.

18. Davor November 17, 2009 at 22:41 #

I love Nicole Kidman’s look but I simply don’t understand why she had to do this horror with her botoxed face. She looks completely frozen and she can’t even smile.

19. Laura November 18, 2009 at 00:38 #

Why is everyone so critical about Nicole?It doesn’t matter if she always stick to the same designer.She looks good.So why not keep it up.

20. Danielle November 18, 2009 at 08:53 #

I think you made a typo: that’s not Coco Rocha, it’s Karen Elson!

• Fashion Critic November 18, 2009 at 09:29 #

You didn’t read the text properly.

Coco Rocha wore in on the runway

21. IlovePOLY November 18, 2009 at 09:38 #

Alexa looks cute but I don’t like the flats.

22. jill November 18, 2009 at 11:48 #

I like pretty much all the looks here. In some cases, like Karen Elson in Rodarte and Alexa in Jason Wu, I feel they’ve actually improved on the catwalk looks, by keeping it simple & ladylike. (I don’t like the black belt on the dress: she’s got it just right without it, but with red lips: a nice change for her).

& Cassie’s open toe booties are fabulous with the off the shoulder Reyes dress, but those sandals on the catwalk were pretty gosh darn perfect, too!

Tops marks, everyone. Thanks for the post, Miss RC! xx