17.11.09 Style Spotlight

Style Spotlight – Christine Centenera

Christine Centenera is the Fashion Editor for Harper’s Bazaar Australia and Lara Bingle’s stylist.

Recently Christine has become the subject of many fashion and style blog  thanks to her achingly cool style achievements. Showing up to local and international fashion events has created perfect photo-ops-made for catching this on-trend lady.

Christine is a leading head in fashion and we wouldn’t expect anything less than a strong developed sense of style. With a natural edge and soft, pretty features Christine remains approachable-looking.

She mixes and matches her wardrobe and isn’t afraid to wear things more than once.

I’ve found some of the top picks of Christine’s personally styled pieces to share.

Here is Christine supporting local Australian Designer and fellow Aussie Josh Goot.

This brilliant Spring 2009 dress is a psychedelic splash of fun and vibrancy.

Layered with a serious black jacket, scarf and gloves Christine smartens the look, toughening it further with those patent to-die-for YSL’s.

Again combining two different feels- laid-back battered denims and a white tee with a sharp statement Balmain Fall 2009 jacket.

The high-end jacket says luxury but the denim and tee oppose this giving a ‘just-thrown-together’ look. This has a great feel.

She sure know how to vamp it up, though.

Christine shows us how it’s done in amazing Gucci fall 2009 platform thigh-high boots. I love the mix of slouchy and body-con. It’s comfortable yet exudes cool.

Christine is lucky enough to have a stunning piece of Prada to flaunt and here she heightens the luxe feel of a sheer Chloe shirt with a Prada costume jewellery necklace.

Green gems are natural-looking and add attention-grabbing shine to her outfit.

Proving just how shiny and special they are to her, Christine’s YSL Tributes have made regular appearances accompanying all from dresses to jeans.

They sex-up a lot of what she wears and are flawless-looking giving Christine added height and dominance as a modern working woman.

Christine is apparently ‘a self-confessed sucker for anything with studs, metal detailing or patent leather. Perferably all three at once’.

I love the rock sensibility of her look and these Givenchy Fall 2009 beauties harden a soft grey marl dress worn by Christine during Paris Fashion Week.

These shoes show who’s in charge.

Keeping it simple but daring to be different with smart fashion-forward touches are the key to Christine’s look. Her recipe for successful dressing comprises of sticking to block colours that are comfortable whilst playing with layers.

And final ingredient; a killer heel.

Credit: Style.com, Trendycrew, Gastro Chic,  The Sartorialist, TheFashionSpot & AllThePrettyBirds

"The Twilight Saga: New Moon" LA Premiere

“The Twilight Saga: New Moon” LA Premiere

The CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Awards

The CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Awards

21 Responses to Style Spotlight – Christine Centenera

1. iona November 17, 2009 at 16:31 #

wow! i love this girl!

2. Vera November 17, 2009 at 17:01 #

What’s so special? Take a look at Russians Miroslava Duma or Natalia Goldenberg – these girls do know how to dress.

• Fashion Critic November 17, 2009 at 17:27 #

Miroslava is next on the list. I have been looking at a lot of pictures of her

• alyss November 17, 2009 at 17:37 #

I think what’s special about Christine- and the reason why she’s my favourite “editorialista”- is that she’s often wearing the same pieces- but in totally different combinations. That’s what makes her a great styling role model and makes her stand out. (As much as I love Anna della Russo’s style, for example, she usually wears her clothes only once.)

As for Miroslava- I don’t like her style at all. In my opinion she looks like a little girl playing dress up with mommy’s clothes.

3. robbie November 17, 2009 at 17:04 #

gorgeous clothes but they are so boring on her.

4. Elise November 17, 2009 at 17:19 #

I’ve never heerd of her before. But, wow, love every look here. Thanks FC

5. mol November 17, 2009 at 17:58 #

I remember that Josh Groot coat/dress – i love it so, and also the second dress, remember seeing it on the Sartorialist, she was critiqued for wearing something so light in cool Paris weather, but I love this contrast of sheer tropical to the black leather jacket and boots (love the shoulders on the jacket). She works the contrast ploy well – hard to soft, light and sheer to black and hard and everything is balanced out by perfect accessories – a young Carine!

6. heather ♥ November 17, 2009 at 18:16 #

love her!… great clothes put together wonderfully.
    does anyone know how old she is? she looks very young!

7. Kim November 17, 2009 at 21:48 #

Love the Balmain jacket (for once) although I wish she had gone with a black bottom. Love the “fur” jacket outfit as well as the grey dress and booties although she looks a little uncomfy in that outfit.

8. SkirtTheIssue November 17, 2009 at 22:06 #

I think she is 28? (i’m pretty sure she just a couple years below me at school). She does have really great style, I agree with the comment about her talents working the same pieces in different ways (though I have to admit I don’t like her styling of Lara Bingle at times, especially the LV overdose)
    I didn’t know her at all, but I am proud of her achievements having come from “quiet old Adelaide” to rise to such prominence on the Australian fashion scene !

(and btw she is not only supporting a local designer and a fellow Aussie by wearing Josh Goot- she is also supporting her boyfriend!)

• Fashion Critic November 17, 2009 at 22:20 #

Ahhh thanks for the Josh Goot info ;)

9. Sally November 17, 2009 at 22:22 #

Lara Bingle has never looked better since Christina started styling her, although she always does complete runway looks, never mixes it up on Lara.

10. Chiara November 18, 2009 at 01:56 #

wow I love this new topic, great job!!! It’s interesting to see something different from stars.

11. Lisa Villeneuve November 18, 2009 at 02:29 #

WOW. Thanks for this piece. I had no idea. I love my OZ Harpers Bazaar but never took any notice about who did the fashion styling. Now i can see why i love Lara Bingle’s look so much.
    Thanks FC. My eyes are open more now. :)
    Wish she was my stylist.

12. Cleopatra November 18, 2009 at 08:34 #

i adore her. she’s my new muse!

13. J-bear November 18, 2009 at 13:26 #

Oh Eleanor!
    Not really digging your posts. Relax a little. You are too methodical in your writing style. Try to inject a bit of personality into your writing like FC does!

14. Katie November 18, 2009 at 15:17 #

Christine could wear a black sack and make it look sexy, love her style…… The Balmain jacket is to die for!

15. Graham McPherson January 2, 2010 at 01:25 #

How could any girl look better. Looks and brains. The perfect combination. She takes the clothes off the coat hangers. More of her please. “STYLE ” in capital letters. I would like to see how she looks when she moves. The Fashon Editors job is not good enough for her to accomplish her ultimate possibilities. Keep up the exposiure.

16. Linda January 26, 2010 at 18:24 #

I love her style. it’s so effortless and beautiful…

17. elle May 25, 2011 at 15:44 #

Christine’s style is amazing and completely effortless. She’s gorgeous and makes ANYTHING look good. She has an amazing eye that I’ve had the privilege of seeing first hand: in a room full of stuff, she just finds the amazing pieces!. She’s super talented.