16.11.09

“The Private Lives Of Pippa Lee” New York Screening

I see trouble ahead for the rumoured Victoria Beckham Collection Spring 2010 campaign girl.

In an interview with Allure magazine, Victoria Beckham said “Don’t have all your legs out and all your boobs out. Cover something up”.

Ooops Blake obvisoulsy doesn’t live by that rule, and why should she when she looks this fabulous.

The Gossip Girl actress looked stunning wearing a beautiful bow-fronted Marchesa Spring 2010 white embroidered blazer with black shorts.

J’Adore.  She can’t do wrong for me at the moment.

Sophia Bush was covered up wearing a Helmut Lang powder print dress, but that didn’t stop her looking any less fabulous.

I’m glad to see Sophia is not sticking to the obvious labels and trying something new for a refreshing change, as it helps her stand out from all the Hollywood starlet Herve Leger wearing clones.

Sophia and I obviously have the same taste, as I added this dress to my favourites this week.

Julianne Moore’s Viktor & Rolf Spring 2010 tuxedo jacket-like draped dress is soften without the sleeves.

I really like the modification, but if she was going to wear tights that thick she might as well have stuck with the original runway version.

Writer/director Rebecca Miller wasn’t about to be outdone by these actresses.

She also glammed for this screening by donning a very chic tailored Alexander McQueen Pre-Fall 2009 keyhole black dress with a red floral design, a high collar and gathered sleeves.

European actresses Marion Cotillard and Penelope Cruz seemed to be inseparable, as I couldn’t find a picture of them apart.

Cruz wore head-to-toe black, whereas Marion stood out by wearing a taupe dress with embellished details.

I much preferred Robin Wright Penn as a blonde.

I understand she wants to ‘wash that man right outta her hair’, but brunette was not the way forward for her.

What’s with all the drastic colour changes lately?  First McPhee, now Robin.

Also the Herve Leger dress isn’t really doing anything good for her.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

In Sophia Bush's Closet - Helmut Lang Powder Print Dress

In Sophia Bush’s Closet – Helmut Lang Powder Print Dress

Cate Blanchett For Vogue US December 2009

Cate Blanchett For Vogue US December 2009

42 Responses to “The Private Lives Of Pippa Lee” New York Screening

1. mm November 16, 2009 at 16:10 #

Marion Cotillard looks fabulous! Love the look. Robin Wright looks horrible and she is yet again rocking the blake lively head tilt, so this post started with beauty then ended with a WTF?

2. Stuti November 16, 2009 at 16:16 #

I love! A Blake and Marchesa collaboration sounds better, IMO. Blake is tall, stunning and pretty, and can carry off any creation by Mrs.Georgina Chapman. But white pumps, Blake? *eyeroll*
    I love love love the Helmut Lang dress, loving it since you put it in your Fashion Favourites, FC. It is beautiful, and thus deserved bare legs, not those thick tights. But I might be nit-picking.
    I find Julianne so pretty, and fresh faced. J’Adore. :)
    Alexander McQueen, this is what you should make, not those hideous shoes!
    Penelope Cruz, you are gorgeous, I loved you in all your recent movies.So don’t do this to me. All black? Head to toe? Oh, how inspired.
    Marion is another beautiful woman, she is glowing here.
    I like Robin’s new ‘do. It makes her look so young! Maybe a bit too young, if you know what I mean. :P

Oh Lord, how many times did I say “love”? :S

• Fashion Critic November 16, 2009 at 16:31 #

You’re right it does deserve to be tight-less.

A Blake/Marchesa collabo would be good, but she would suit the shorter looks only. Not quite sure she could sell me a gown.

Saying that she will probably wear a gown in a few weeks time and blow me away :)

• Stuti November 16, 2009 at 16:40 #

I think she will work the hell out of some selected Marchesa gowns, maybe not all of them. Minis, hell yeah. :D

• Ally November 16, 2009 at 18:45 #

For gowns, Blake could be a spokesperson for Versace! I love that jacket and want to like it on her since the rest of her looks gorgeous, but it is way too much clevage. Size up maybe?

Completely agree about Robin’s hair, it is just too dark. If she wanted a change, I wish she had gone auburn instead.

• Fashion Critic November 16, 2009 at 19:07 #

a rich auburn would have been amazing on her.

3. Marvel November 16, 2009 at 16:17 #

Blake for BDOTW??
    Surprised to see her, but nonetheless a pleasure. A great winter outfit and the tights sort of work (as I’m typing this I see her dress on your wishlist :) )
    Marion and Penelope are probably BFF’s after working on ‘NINE’
    Robin looks an awful lot like Demi Moore, but fantastic figure!!

• Fashion Critic November 16, 2009 at 16:29 #

Oh yes thanks. I forgot to add that to my post.

Sophia and I have the same taste, which is why I love her.

• Marvel November 16, 2009 at 16:35 #

Im not the only one who Loves her…..

4. gg November 16, 2009 at 16:20 #

love the bow-fronted Marchesa and the mcqueen black dress.
    Marion looks pretty.

5. Danielle November 16, 2009 at 16:21 #

I really love Blake Lively’s look, despite the fact she has everything hanging out. Pity about the shoes though…

Rebecca Miller looks fabulous as well!

6. robbie November 16, 2009 at 16:41 #

blake, put your god damn f*cking t*ts away already. seriously i am sick of her seeing her bloody boobs at every red carpet event, why doesnt she just turn up topless instead it would be less predictable.

sophia, she looks fabulous but the tights are ruining it. she has great legs she should have showed them off (just not in a annoying god damn blake lively way)

julianne, i am begining to think either her legs have been painted black or her tights are glued to her. anyway she looks great from the hem of the dress up.

rebecca, such a beautiful dress and she looks fantastic.

marion, wow wow wow i love this look its casual but still stylish.

penelope, *yawn* boring.

robin, oh wow the dark hair not so good neither is that herve leger. first of all *yawn* not another herve leger dress on the red carpet. plus the dress just doesnt flatter her.

• Lee-Shay November 17, 2009 at 13:15 #

…Took the words right outta my mouth. Thanks

7. Jennifer November 16, 2009 at 16:43 #

I love Blake’s look. She is just owning everything she is wearing… I think she got a huge chunk of confidence and it is showing, oozing out of every pore. Yes, same pose etc, but it’s her signature, and why not? It works for her and girlfriend is working it.

I like Sophia’s look, but I don’t like the tights. But the dress is very pretty. And yes, kudos to Rebecca as the dress looks fab on her, but I think she doesn’t quite have the confidence to carry the dress.

Random comment: It looks like we’re going to have to not only deal with see through clothing and showing off underware, but also two tone hair and white powder fully around the eyes. Sigh.

• Fashion Critic November 16, 2009 at 16:44 #

it is a sad sight of things to come *sighs with you”

8. Elise November 16, 2009 at 16:52 #

Blake looks loke high-class hooker, always trying to show everything
    Marion, Penelope and Sophia look very cute
    Blond hair suits Robin more

9. silky November 16, 2009 at 17:24 #

eek Blake looks bad from head to toe.

10. Mar November 16, 2009 at 17:26 #

I really love Blake and Julianne Moore. Well, it’s true Blake doesn’t follow Victoria’s rules but she would be a nice model for the campaign! We just have to see how she looks in VB Collection, AMAZING!

11. Alexandra November 16, 2009 at 17:33 #

of course VB would like to have Blake exclusively but who wouldn’t.

12. Ksenia November 16, 2009 at 17:43 #

omg, Blake)) She can wear Victoria’s dresses, which are very chaste, or she can put on something provocative and bold, like this Marchesa blazer or her Emmy’s Versace gown, and still looks fantastic. I love her. And I hope she won’t turn the wrong way like she does in 2008.
    Sophia looks gorgeous as always. Perfect taste, perfect beauty,
    And Marion of course) Glowing from the inside.

13. Trendywave November 16, 2009 at 17:46 #

i love blake’s jacket!!! amazing!!!!

14. Bego November 16, 2009 at 18:16 #

WTF have you done with your hair Robin??Oh God she looks awful, i have nothing to say but: go to the hairdressers NOW and get your hair BACK!
    Penelope looks boring… I like Julianne Moore’s dress but her face scares me a little in that picture.
    Blake: great, she knows how to look a-ma-zing and she just does it!

15. Dana November 16, 2009 at 18:36 #

I have to say that I agree with Vicky B. Boobs OR legs, but not both. Then again, although I’m not crazy about Blake’s outfit, if I had a bod like hers, I’d probably walk around naked all the time.

• Fashion Critic November 16, 2009 at 18:40 #

I’m with you on that one. She has a body to die for.

• anu November 16, 2009 at 19:24 #

lolll ! pls put blake up for bdotw!! im totally voting for her!!! luv the jacket! and umm those legs..

16. justme November 16, 2009 at 18:36 #

Oh Blake, I knew our love affair wouldn’t last long lol. To quote Jay-Z, you can pay for school but you can’t buy class. Is she serious? It seems that she opened the jacket even more than it’s meant to be. Tackayyy. That makeup isn’t good either.
    I like the look from the waist down though.

Unexpected choice of dress for Sophia but I love it. I usually don’t mind black tights but on this occasion I wish she would’ve skipped them. They make the look a little too “sinister”. But when you’re cold, you’re cold so I won’t judge too hard.

17. Juliette November 16, 2009 at 18:42 #

Finally I decided to comment a topic of your blog! It has been a year now since I started to follow it and I have to congrat you for the amazing job you do.

So back on the subject now:
    Blake looks AMAZING as always when she shows off her legs! I don’t like the white pumps though but it is just a detail, our attention is focus much higher… J’adore aussi!

I’m not found of the Helmut Lang dress Sophia is wearing but somehow she makes it work.

Julianne Moore’s draped dress is so beautiful on her. One of my favourite look of her so far.

Rebecca Miller’s dress looks great with the matching red lips. This is such an Alice in Wonderland dress!

Marion Cotillard… wow wow wow she looks stunning. I love her dress which is simple but yet so elegant. And her make-up is just perfect!
    No comment for Penelope… her head to toe black boring look doesn’t deserve any attention.

And the worst for the end… Oh Robin, you were so much better with your blond hair! As many of you this change of color doesn’t work for me. Neither does the dress.

• Fashion Critic November 16, 2009 at 18:46 #

Thanks for your support.

I’m glad Blake has attracted you enough to comment :D

• Juliette November 16, 2009 at 19:13 #

haha yes indeed, but I can’t help myself, this girl has too perfect features! *jealous*
        You’re welcome =)

18. YSLGirl November 16, 2009 at 18:57 #

I’m getting sick of that Marchesa collection already, but the past three looks that have been worn from that collection have actually been worn very well (Zoe Saldana, Shirley Manson and now Blake Lively). I think white shoes look cheap for the most part, but it’s not too bothersome here.

Julianne Moore looks amazing.

Marion and Pené must have got on well when filming Nine. I find them attending this event very random, though. I usually love their style, but for me, they just look OK. Actually, I don’t think I have been interested in Marion’s style that much ever since she got that Dior contract (though I loved the outfits she wore when promoting Public Enemies).

19. MEME November 16, 2009 at 19:06 #

I LOVE that Marchesa look…….

20. mol November 16, 2009 at 19:16 #

What a morning for a power outage, and now that it’s back on I’m suddenly awash with your monday morning delish posts!

I love Sophia Bush’s Helmut Lang, but without the black tights; the Victor &Rolf dress is gorg, really really adore this and I don’t even mind Julianne in her tights.

Marion Cotillard, always right on target, but hope you can find a pix separate from Penelope if she manages to makes the BDOTW!

21. ullis November 16, 2009 at 20:51 #

Blake needs to zip up!

Sophia looks cute, would probably like the dress without the tights even more, but i really like how she took a risk, and it def payed off!

22. Laura November 16, 2009 at 22:12 #

I love how Blake can take something that could easily be a bore and rock the hell out of it. Her fierce attitude is what makes the beautiful outfits she wears STUNNING.

I wish Sophia didn’t wear the tights and opted for a bolder colored shoes, but I do love the dress. And again with the tights on Julianne. I think the outfit would’ve been fine sans the tights.

With Rebecca’s, I wish she kept the shoulders the way the runway’s was. I like Marion’s dress. A shorter version reminds me of something that Kristen Stewart could wear. I don’t even think Penelope’s trying anymore.

Robin, why must you immitate the Heidi Montag/Amanda Bynes style? You may want to look like an on-the-market cougar, but there’s a stylish way to go about it, and the hair with the BC Herve Leger isn’t the way and won’t get you noticed by anyone but the fashion police. And trust me, that will get you one big fashion fine.

23. I Get a Fever November 16, 2009 at 23:14 #

Ha! I bookmarked that Helmut Lang dress last week as well! I know RCFA is not a huge fan of black tights but they work wonders for us girls who need some help in the leg department… Blake always shows us everything but – if I had that body, I would too! She looks stunning, she’s young, she’s having fun. I’d much rather see her boobs/legs than some of the other celebrities who let it all hang out (um Mariah, I’m talking to you – and you, Lil’ Kim)…

24. Mela November 17, 2009 at 05:45 #

Julianne looks so effortlessly stunning—the colour is divine with her hair and skin!

25. ana laura November 17, 2009 at 08:11 #

I LOVE MARION COTILLARD HAIR LOOK!!!!!
    SHE LOOKS FANTABULOUS!!
    and by the way gwen stefani looked also gorgeous in her outfit wearing d&g =))

26. b November 17, 2009 at 08:28 #

II think Blake always looks too trashy for my taste. It’s always either legs or boobs to me.

She has a killer body yes, no matter fake or not, but she is constantly showing it that it’s just cheap and trashy.

She once complained that GG stylists always put slutty outfit on her in the show, well.. look at the girl now.

27. jeremy November 17, 2009 at 08:47 #

No, my comments will not be about Blake’s meat balloons or Robin’s hair (also, I’ve just watched The Princess Bride with Robin in it, completely amazing, anyone who have not seen it, highly recommend) I want to comment about Rebecca’s cool outfit. Remember last year when she went to the Oscar with her husband Daniel and wore that hideous outfit? Yeah well this time she makes me proud. Nothing makes me feel better than a smart, mature lady who funk it up and wear something risky like this. Talk about perfect combination!

28. sydneycheapchic November 17, 2009 at 11:31 #

Loving Sophia Bush and Marion! Blake looks great too… but I think she is showing a bit too much skin but she looks great regardless!

29. Katie November 17, 2009 at 15:08 #

Blake Lively can wear literally anything,she has the sexiest firgue and is still so slim….love her!!

30. Kim November 17, 2009 at 16:09 #

Blake and Rebecca look BDOTW great! Didn’t like anyone else on this post.

Blake is showing a little too much boobage though.