Who Wore Acne Better? Michelle Monaghan or Kaley Cuoco

Michelle Monaghan was the first to wear this Acne electric blue dress with a voluminous draping over one shoulder, when she attended the Fenton/Fallon Boutique Opening in New York back in September.

The Fall 2009 dress was a great look for her, but those booties don’t work so well for me.

Actress Kaley Cuoco wore the same dress to the “Fresh Faces in Fashion” event in LA last month.

She paired her dress with strappy sandals and a powder blue clutch which was too much for this look.

Even though I love Michelle, she gets nil points for her footwear. I can just about live with Kaley clutch so she wins for me.

Credit: Wireimage

On The Victoria Beckham's Harper's Bazaar UK Cover - Haider Ackermann One-Sleeved Dress

On The Victoria Beckham’s Harper’s Bazaar UK Cover – Haider Ackermann One-Sleeved Dress

Runway To "Twilight Saga: New Moon" Fan Event - Kristen Stewart In Balenciaga

Runway To “Twilight Saga: New Moon” Fan Event – Kristen Stewart In Balenciaga

11 Responses to Who Wore Acne Better? Michelle Monaghan or Kaley Cuoco

1. Flutterbang November 13, 2009 at 08:10 #

Michelle oozes confidence in this dress, and I just can’t forgive Kaley for that clutch.

2. Simrit November 13, 2009 at 10:45 #

I cannot stand that powder blue clutch. It is an atrocity.

3. lici_u November 13, 2009 at 11:02 #

Dear FC, I`m not a fan of ankleboots either, but does it make sense to be so strict about it? This one Michelle M. wins at all costs for me.

• Fashion Critic November 13, 2009 at 11:18 #

it’s not a case of being strict, it’s about personal preference.

I don’t think ankle boots look good when paired with dresses.

I don’t think there was a need to tell me off like a 5 year old being sent to the naughty step.

• Flutterbang November 13, 2009 at 12:31 #

I’ll join you on the “naughty” step for having my own opinion also, FC ;)

• Fashion Critic November 13, 2009 at 13:30 #

;)

ha ha

4. Kim November 13, 2009 at 15:11 #

I’m not a big fan of the ankle boots with dresses but sometimes it can be pulled off. This was NOT one of those times. I have seen Amerie do it…hmm and at least one other person but the dress has to be edgier or something. This looked a mess as did the poweder blue purse! :-) Loved Kaley’s shoes though.

5. Laura November 13, 2009 at 19:36 #

I don’t like the ankle boots either. Clunks up the whole look.

Kaley wins for me, but I’m not loving the bag.

6. Laura November 14, 2009 at 00:37 #

I totally agree!As much as I love ankle boots, but it seems that they are pairing them with almost everything!And it really does get boring and not so edgy anymore.Please bring back those sexy heels!They make the dresses look more feminine and pretty!

• Fashion Critic November 14, 2009 at 11:19 #

Agreed. Bring back sexy heels.

We should start a campaign

7. allaboutit December 30, 2009 at 08:09 #

Hey smarties, Kaley was hosting the event that Plastics was sponsoring. I saw her in an interview. Her clutch is actually the same color as the dress when viewed from the front. It’s Jimmy Choo and is actually MADE of hard plastic. And it’s amazing.