13.11.09

Social Events Of The Week

Alberta Ferreti’s New Fragrance Launch, Madrid

Claudia Schiffer arrived at the launch of Alberta Ferretti’s new fragrance launch wearing a Alberta Ferretti colour-block dress from the designers Fall 2009 collection.

I’ve always loved the strong colour combinations from this collection, so I’m glad to see it finally on the red carpet.

Madeo Restaurant, LA

There are many rumours that Jessica Biel and Justin Timerblake have broken up.

No one will be more pleased than me, because I hope this will mean Jessica will get her sexy back.

Justin has been suppressing it for far too long.

Jessica was spotted leaving Madeo Restaurant in LA with Jennifer Garner this week wearing a black Chloe Resort 2010 blazer with sparkling lapels.

This is the most pizazz we have seen in Jessica in what feels like a decade, and she appears to be wearing make-up.

OK she’s wearing Roger Vivier flats, but she was wearing Louboutin’s to appear on Conan O’Brien’s show earlier that evening and we all know how they can pinch.

“The Blind Side” Nashville Premiere

After over accessorizing her Azzaro dress at the CMA Awards, Faith Hill kept her look simple at this premiere which she attended with her husband Tim McGraw.

The singer wore a J. Mendel Resort 2010 sand asymmetrical wrap dress with obi belt.

At first I thought she was wearing thigh-high boots, but she is actually wearing thick opaque tights with ankle boots.

Australian Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards 2009, Melbourne

Many of you have expressed your dislike of Louis Vuitton’s Cancan heels.

If you hated the front, just look at the back *shudders*

Delta Goodrem paired her gold boots with a beautiful peach mini dress.

What a waste of a perfectly good dress.

MALDEF’s 35th Annual Los Angeles Awards Gala, LA

Eva Longoria wore a beautiful electric blue short sleeved Ina Soltani dress with crystal stud details on the sleeve.

Her dress was paired with Christian Louboutin heels which I love.

Her look is nice enough, but that hairstyle ages her.  Ken Paves either makes her look too old, or too pageanty.

USA Today Hollywood Hero Awards Gala, LA

Ashley Judd looked fashionably chic at this event where she was honoured.

The brunette beauty shone wearing a Georges Hobeika black tiered and pleated cocktail dress paired with black peep-toes.

Molly Sims look chic in a LBD paired with Jimmy Choo heels, whilst Mandy Moore wore a polka dotted 3.1 Phillip Lim asymmetrical dress.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

In Claudia Schiffer's Closet - Alberta Ferretti Colour-Block Dress

In Claudia Schiffer’s Closet – Alberta Ferretti Colour-Block Dress

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

28 Responses to Social Events Of The Week

1. Jennifer November 13, 2009 at 18:46 #

I’m sad you didn’t get a full picture of Mandy Moore straight on. When People.com first showed it, she looked flawless to me, from her head to her toes. It was one of my favorite laid back glamour looks from her I’ve seen in a while that didn’t have a boho chic feel to it.

2. mm November 13, 2009 at 18:48 #

Mandy Moore looks fabulous. I didn’t recognize her she looked so chic. Love the dress and the shoes she paired with it. Claudia and Faith ruin their looks with the black tights and shoes, to heavy. It like a “thud” as FC says at the hemline.

• Fashion Critic November 13, 2009 at 18:56 #

cute LOL

3. mol November 13, 2009 at 18:53 #

Ashley Judd does look perfectly chic; I adore Jessica’s Chloe Blazer and the Philip Lim dress on the model, but not so much on Mandy – although I find her to be a beautiful girl. Eva looks so horrible, everything is wrong, the dress looks too big, hair, as you say, awful and ageing, and again, we see all that sloppy white stuff around the eyes!

4. ZzaRaZza November 13, 2009 at 18:57 #

those cancan boots have to be banned! godawful! You’re right, total waste of dress

5. Raquel November 13, 2009 at 19:12 #

Eh, not sur eon Eva. The dress is a tad matronly on her, probably because she is that petite.

6. SarahV November 13, 2009 at 19:16 #

I had a nightmare last night in which I accidentally purchased a pair of cancan shoes. In my dream, they were 945 euros, and that’s nearly all my savings at the moment…..

It was pretty bad :(

• Fashion Critic November 13, 2009 at 19:18 #

that is a nightmare

7. sid November 13, 2009 at 20:10 #

I htink jessica beil wore the phillip lim dress before.

8. chloe mira November 13, 2009 at 20:18 #

Delta looks fierceeeeee I love those Vuitoon boots!!!!
    It will be a dream for me to own a pair ha!!!!
    What the…. Eva looks like she’s at least 70.

• MAGGIE May 19, 2012 at 13:51 #

I couldn’t have said it better!!

9. ullis November 13, 2009 at 22:02 #

wow eva must fire her stylist. she looks like an absolute mess here. the shoes are dreadful and look so ’05. While the dress is pretty she needs to work on her posture and pose.

10. Tania November 14, 2009 at 00:05 #

What’s happened to Eva’s style? She look so boring.

11. Ally November 14, 2009 at 01:41 #

Why do actresses do that to themselves? Ashley looks like she has seen a particularly terrifying ghost.

Love the bright colors of Claudia’s outfit :).

12. SkirtTheIssue November 14, 2009 at 02:11 #

Mandy looks lovely!

Delta’s dress is really pretty- love the colour and the pleating in the skirt- I think its by an Australian design duo Ginger and Smart. It’s just a pity about the shoes and the poodle hair….

13. Bella November 14, 2009 at 02:41 #

Love those Alberta Ferretti dresses and the colors.

Jessica Biel, great balzer, just not on her. I think she is too dull and just can’t pull it off. The pieces are good separately but something it just giving me a librarian feeling and it doesn’t pull off.

Delta Goodrem’s dress is very pretty.
    Ashley Judd’s dress is cute and she does look chic.

Mandy Moore looks tall and statuesque in that dress. Very pretty. Also didn’t Jessica Biel wear that dress but in runway color?

14. Julia November 14, 2009 at 02:58 #

Oh Delta, love the dress, gorgeous colour, but those boots! They looks like something the robot out of Star Wars (C3PO is it?) would wear on night out. Shoes like that are strictly for editorials (and maybe Lady Gaga).
    On the bright side Claudia looks divine, I too loved the coulours in that collection and her blonde hair is the perfect compliment!

• Julia November 14, 2009 at 02:58 #

*colours

15. kristen November 14, 2009 at 15:08 #

omg ashley has so overdone the use of botox

16. TLVgirl November 14, 2009 at 17:25 #

I don’t really have an issue with tights but I feel tights should be worn reasonably. while wearing a beautiful colorfull] outfit you must not ruin it by adding black tights. Claudia what were you thinking??
    In faith’s case the tights don’t blow me away but at least they make more sense.
    Mandy More gives me hope that maybe some day other former teenage pop sensations will grow up to be as sophisticated and classy as she is (and I’m talking about you britney and christina)
    Jessica dresses like an old sad school teacher. she should lighten up already. I hate Ashley’s hair but not as much as Eva’s. poor thing she looks like some auntie at a wedding. The make up is pretty bad too.
    And finally I hope those nasty cancan heels will be drowned in a tub of slime never to be fished back out of it. They are not suitable for viewing by adults, much less by young impressionable kids.

• Fashion Critic November 14, 2009 at 17:51 #

indeed what was she thinking

17. martdip November 14, 2009 at 21:42 #

finally jessica looks very good!she’s very beautiful in this picture,she wears make-up and i love her chloè jacket!!

18. Barbara November 15, 2009 at 01:08 #

Jessica doesn’t know how to dress, I don’t think it has anything to do with Justin.

• Fashion Critic November 15, 2009 at 09:34 #

she had a lot of great moments pre-Justin

• Barbara November 16, 2009 at 02:26 #

I respect your opinion, but I never saw any good moments pre-Justin. I seen the stuff she use to wear and I wouldn’t call it great.

19. Jackie November 15, 2009 at 05:19 #

I’ve never seen Eva look so bad! Dress does nothing for her… it’s a shame!

I LOVE THE LV CAN CAN HEELS! Not so much the boots. Eh, well, the boots are okay but I really like the heels! Am I alone here?!

20. bleugirl November 15, 2009 at 12:35 #

^^^^^^^^^^ no,I love the heels too.

21. XOXO November 15, 2009 at 16:02 #

Eva Longoria dresses like an old lady most of the time.

On the other hand, Ashley is jus WOW!