13.11.09

NARS 15X15 Project To Celebrate 15 Years Of NARS

We were so blindly obsessed with predicting Lady GaGa and others would be the first to wear the Alexander McQueen Spring 2010 armadillo heels, that we didn’t consider the MOST like person to take them from the runway to reality – Daphne Guinness.

How could we have not even considered her?

The heiress donned the impossible-to-walk-in heels when she hosted this event with Marc Jacobs last night.

Her crazy heels were paired with an aqua marine bubble skirt dress from Alexander McQueen’s Spring 2010 collection.

I love that gold bejeweled neckline, but hate that silver metal belt she paired with it.   These kind of belts are very much her signature, and they are usually Alaia.

Apart from the belt, my only disappointment is that she didn’t go for one of the embellished armadillo heels.

This may seem strange but every time I look at Daphne, I think this is what Victoria Beckham will look like in about 20 years time.

Many of you have expressed how much you are O.V.E.R Balmain, or that you didn’t get the craze to begin with.

Doesn’t Selita Ebanks make you want to forgive and forget?

As always the Victoria’s Secret model does just to Balmain.

She looks outstanding in this dress, her skin is glowing and the colour is divine on her.

As much as I love this dress, I think her J.Mendel white gown from earlier in the week was a far superior look to be included in the BDOTW poll.

Cassie looks peeved.  Maybe she’s still waiting for her ridiculous hairstyle to grow out.

The singer wore a  long sleeved LBD with cut-outs on the side, paired with a black pair of Nicholas Kirkwood for Rodarte Fall 2009 thigh-high boots.

Amber Valletta was the most glamorous at this event, giving off an elegant vibe wearing a dark jade RM by Roland Mouret Lombarde gown paired with Nicholas Kirkwood python cut-out platform heels.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney - The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney – The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

Who Wore J.Mendel Better? Eva Mendes or Selita Ebanks

Who Wore J.Mendel Better? Eva Mendes or Selita Ebanks

21 Responses to NARS 15X15 Project To Celebrate 15 Years Of NARS

1. Rama Dimas November 13, 2009 at 12:23 #

OMG! Daphne Guinness! How old are you??? she;s still looking fab in that mcqueen ensemble. how does she do it?

2. ace November 13, 2009 at 12:42 #

OMG! i literally died when i saw daphne guinness. as eccentric as she look. she really is fashion at its couture best. lady gaga, please learn from the best. thank you

3. georgie de Lautour November 13, 2009 at 12:47 #

I think lady gaga did wear them first aren’t they in the ‘bad romance’ video?

Still LOVE them on Daphne Guinness though ,shes terrific!

4. Lexa November 13, 2009 at 13:01 #

Daphne would look good had she not gone for that awful belt.
    and I also loved how Anja Rubik looked at that event.

5. robbie November 13, 2009 at 13:01 #

daphne, did she look in a mirror? im sorrybut this is one huge hideous mess its like a 5 year old sneaking into their mums closet and playing with her make-up. i would probably wet myself laughing if she fell over in those shoes.

selita, she looks great but that clutch and the shoes are a boring choice for such a gorgeous dress.

cassie, boring boring and boring.

amber, boring dress but her nicholas kirkwood shoes are fabulous! http://www.brownsfashion.com/product/designers/index/women/nicholaskirkwood/018R52430007.htm

• Fashion Critic November 13, 2009 at 13:34 #

thanks Robbie :D

6. Stuti November 13, 2009 at 13:22 #

Those McQueen heels are indescribably ugly! Am all for experimentation and glamour and ferocity and kitsch, but this is plain ugly. Its not even about how painful they must be. They are horrendous, and badly shaped. They just seem extremely comical!
    Am sorry for the rant. :|
    Anyhoo, ankles up, Daphne looks gorgeous.
    I, personally, love Balmain. Sure, it is slightly contrived by now, but if you are confident enough to pull off Balmain, you look amazing. Case in point, Selita.
    And wow! What a fabulous colour on Amber. I have always envied her bone structure, she is stunning.
    RM is one of my favourite designers. :)
    And

7. T November 13, 2009 at 14:02 #

Daphne has ruined that Mcqueen dress by slapping that giant belt over it. The hair and make up, the jeweled neckline, the dress, the belt, the colour of the shoes just aren’t harmonizing, she looks a mess. I personally love the shoes, but just because they are shoes doesn’t mean that anyone can pull them off. They look silly on anyone who isn’t tall, thin and long legged, basically a model, so Lady Gaga has no chance imo of pulling them off in public.

8. Jules O'C November 13, 2009 at 14:29 #

FC, please write me an eulogy
    I just DIED seeing Daphne Guinness
    why are we mortals trying to understand the first thing about fashion when there is such delicate perfection and seemingly effortless regal divinity

I have NO idea how it happens that I prefer the Guinness & her inSAne “shoes” over the etheral statuesque appearance of Amber Valetta and I also don’t understand what dark wicked fashion power manages to make Selita Ebanks look tacky in that Balmain (I’m not cool enough to say I hate it yet) number
    and – no I wont even comment on cassie
    *waitingonmycoffingandtryingtofigureoutwhattowweartomyfashionfuneral*
    *tryingtoforgetaboutfcsmeanbeckhamstatementpoordaphnegrmblpout*

9. Kim November 13, 2009 at 15:05 #

Selita looks great! Amber wasn’t all that to me.

10. Matt November 13, 2009 at 15:35 #

Those shoes are painful to look at, I feel like she is about to twist her ankle.

11. my fleur November 13, 2009 at 15:49 #

I’m sorry but Daphne looks bad really bad.

12. mol November 13, 2009 at 17:48 #

I love Amber Valetta in her RM dress – the color is divine; pretty indifferent to Daphne G., it’s just me (so don’t hate), but she has never seemed too interesting…like the McQueen dress though and the shoes make me think of the footwear in Mathew Barney’s Cremaster cycle.

13. ella November 13, 2009 at 18:32 #

OMG!!!! how the hell did she walk in those???
    *shakes head* i cant beleive i like the look though (ignoring the belt)…..crazy

14. Laura November 13, 2009 at 19:43 #

Daphne’s proportions seem off. Selita makes one of my least favorite collections of the season look great. Go girl! Cassie’s skin, her black outfit, and the black backdrop are too blendy for me. She doesn’t stand out. Amber looks like she’s too good for this event.

15. ben November 13, 2009 at 22:10 #

Hahahaha, and we call nude heels leg lengthening, imagine what does Alexander McQueen heels could do!

16. Kiana November 14, 2009 at 00:06 #

I’m sorry I loved that Daphne Guiness Italian Vogue spread, but homegirl’s makeup looks like Frank N. Furter. :-( She looks frightened too. Not a good look.

17. Ally November 14, 2009 at 01:46 #

I really like the purple Balmain, even if it is a little over worn.

WHY would you belt one of those beautiful McQueens??? And it seems kind of silly to wear those crazy shoes if you aren’t going to go all the way and wear the ones that match the dress.

18. Rama Dimas November 14, 2009 at 18:01 #

why dont you feature Anja Rubik in Rodarte? she’s stunning

19. ahot November 14, 2009 at 22:11 #

lol! this is so true!!
    Daphne even has the same expression as Posh. Now i ‘ll love to know what she thinks about her….