13.11.09

Mango’s Spring 2010 Collection Launch Party

In Madrid this week the stars came out to celebrate the launch of the new Mango collection.

Scarlett Johansson may have been the “major” star at the event, but it was Monica Cruz who stole she show wearing a longer version of the Herve Leger Fall 2009 dress we’ve seen on Miley Cyrus and Julia Stegner.

Penelope’s kid sister paired her dazzling dress with suede Louboutin peep-toes.

Ana Locking wore a beautifully structured grey dress from her own Fall 2009 collection with both the grey tights and shoe boots they were presented with.

Scarlett Johansson continues to lose her sparkle for me.

I understand she has to promote Mango, but does she have to look like Miss Moneypenny every time?

Surely the could have dressed her in something more interesting and less secretarial.

Every time she promotes Mango it’s like groundhog day.

Dree Hemingway has to be one of the coolest chicks on the planet behind Erin Wasson.

On most those half denim-half leather pants from Mango’s Fall 2009 collection would be a total disaster, but Drew makes them look cool.

Despite that I will never consider trying this look.

Spanish actress Lola Marceli and Clara Courel arrived at this event wearing the same navy Mango sequin mini dress with a sheer mesh back.

They’re even both wearing Louboutin’s.

Let’s hope they weren’t sitting next to each other during the presentation.

Elisabeth Reyes, Maria Jose Suarez and Priscila de Gustin all wore black Mango dresses, but thankfully they were not the same.

The one that stands out is Priscila’s Mango metallic sequin one shoulder dress which she wore with thigh-high boots.

Idoia Montero and Amaia Montero also both wore black, but Amaia added a pop of pink via her heels with her Mango sequin one shoulder dress.

You can see a few images from the Mango Spring 2010 presentation below. It inspiration appears to be military meets ‘Little House on the Prairie’.

Very cute.

[nggallery id=236]

Credit: Wireimage, Getty, trendencias.com & elrincondemoda.com

NARS 15X15 Project To Celebrate 15 Years Of NARS

NARS 15X15 Project To Celebrate 15 Years Of NARS

Runway To “Late Night With Jimmy Fallon” - January Jones In Louis Vuitton

Runway To “Late Night With Jimmy Fallon” – January Jones In Louis Vuitton

10 Responses to Mango’s Spring 2010 Collection Launch Party

1. Ally November 13, 2009 at 14:52 #

Is that Leger dress the same one Natalia wore on the Rachel Zoe Project? Cuz she looked crazy good in it. And those heels!!!

• sydneycheapchic November 14, 2009 at 13:09 #

It’s the same dress.. same as the one Miley wore (first??) as well.

I’m loving the shoes from the collection.

2. Kim November 13, 2009 at 14:59 #

Monica looks cute and while Scarlett may look like a secretary she looks like a FINE one. LOL I think she looks great! Better than the others on this post- if they had a nice dress they messed it up with tights or footwear.

3. justme November 13, 2009 at 16:36 #

I find and buy interesting clothes from Mango yet Scarlett always wear their “dullest” pieces.

I mean, don’t get me wrong, her outfit is fine but ugh I feel like lately she always wears stuff like that. Doesn’t she realize she has a girl crush status to keep? Just kidding, I just want her to go back to her glamorous days a little bit.

4. Stuti November 13, 2009 at 16:37 #

Oh wow. Favourite Herve Leger dress ever.

5. robbie November 13, 2009 at 17:49 #

monica, is by far the best dress here. the longer version is much nicer than the shorter version.

i wont even waste my time commenting on the rest as they are all so god damn boring and predictable. black clothes, tights and bad shoes. lmao at those 2 women wearing the same dress what is more tragic both have louboutin and tights. scarlett continues to prove that once a women gets married she loses all her sexiness and dresses mumsy.

6. Laura November 13, 2009 at 19:51 #

Monica makes that Herve Leger dress look elegant and classy. Love the length. Wish Ana would’ve used different shoes. When I saw Dree, my first thought was homeless chic. Too many layers, girl.

7. sevigny November 16, 2009 at 16:00 #

You did it again!! I appreciate so much that you cover spanish event, thanyou!! you’re great, unfortunatley this event was nothing special, boring even I would say, it would have been better to cover the awards from the men of the year gala from GQ magazine, they were so much cool, but never mind, it’s great seeing that you really matter about style outside from US and UK, so thankyou!!

• Fashion Critic November 16, 2009 at 16:01 #

I missed that event. I will look it up