12.11.09

Oprah Winfrey Wears Prabal Gurung On The Cover Of O Magazine

Prabal Gurung has had a fantastic year.

His first collection was worn by the likes of Demi Moore, Zoe Saldana, Rachel Weisz and Becki Newton.

The second collection increased the celebrity following to include Leighton Meester, Carey Mulligan and Thandie Newton.

Now he can add the most powerful female celebrity in the world – Oprah Winfrey.

The young designer custom-made this red taffeta one shoulder gown with bow detail on the shoulder for Oprah’s O Magazine December 2009 issue featuring Ellen DeGeneres.

With this huge seal of approval, Mrs Obama can’t be far behind.

O Magazine goes on sale today.

Credit: O Magazine & Thanks to Prabal Gurung for the sketch

Carrie Underwood's Many Costume Changes Hosting The CMA Awards

Carrie Underwood’s Many Costume Changes Hosting The CMA Awards

In Lauren Bosworth's Closet - French Connection Black Ruffle Dress

In Lauren Bosworth’s Closet – French Connection Black Ruffle Dress

8 Responses to Oprah Winfrey Wears Prabal Gurung On The Cover Of O Magazine

1. robbie November 12, 2009 at 19:06 #

its a nice dress, but i prefer the way the sketch was with the sleeve being puffy.

but OH MY GOD ELLEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she is so adorkable!

2. Davor November 12, 2009 at 19:37 #

This is absolutely amazing! I’ve ordered my copy of the “O Magazine” for the first time ever and I think it’s going to be the most selling issue of all times. So it’s a great end of great year for Prabal Gurung. Go Ellen! Go Oprah! “O, Yes I Can”!

3. Rock*Star November 12, 2009 at 19:42 #

LOVE Oprah’s hair! She always has nice hair. Specialy her big curly hair do. so amazing!

I agree with robbie. I prefer the original version :)

4. Kim November 12, 2009 at 20:25 #

I like.

5. julia November 12, 2009 at 21:26 #

I too prefer the sketch but Oprah still looks stunning, it’s a great colour on her…and Ellen is awesome! I’m surprised Michelle Obama hasn’t worn one of his creations yet but like you said it won’t be too long before she does – his clothes would be a perfect fit for her style.

6. Gina Higgs March 30, 2010 at 01:35 #

I love the red dress and think is stunning and would really like to purchase one for my 50th Birthday party coming up in May 2010. Please tell me how to purchase this dress or something like it for my birthday extravaganza! The fashion stylist did an awesome job with the design of this dress. I where a size 22-24 and believe this dress can make any size woman look stunning.