12.11.09

Carrie Underwood’s Many Costume Changes Hosting The CMA Awards

It’s customary at award show for the female host to change several times and Carrie Underwood didn’t disappoint at the CMAs last night.

Her looks included a kelly green Ina Soltani strapless dress with a tiered origami bodice.

Her second Ina Soltani dress was a bright orange silk chiffon ruffled one shoulder mini worn with strappy sandals

I knew she couldn’t go the whole night without wearing Georges Chakra.

She shimmered in the Spring 2009 Couture mini-dress covered with multi-coloured crystal gemstones and sequins.

As with any Chakra dress, the details are exquisite.

We’re not used to seeing Carrie in floral dresses, so it was refreshing to see her don a floral Tracy Reese Black Label dress, which was one of the best of the night.

A typical gold custom-made mini by Nicole Miller followed, with her last look being an adorable strapless peachy confection of pure loveliness by Randi Rahm.

Credit: Getty & Georges Chakraby

Demi Moore For W December 2009

Demi Moore For W December 2009

Oprah Winfrey Wears Prabal Gurung On The Cover Of O Magazine

Oprah Winfrey Wears Prabal Gurung On The Cover Of O Magazine

10 Responses to Carrie Underwood’s Many Costume Changes Hosting The CMA Awards

1. Ahot November 12, 2009 at 17:43 #

too bad the hairstyle remained the same

2. mm November 12, 2009 at 17:47 #

The last gown i love, because it reminds me of how the women of country would dress back in the day, I see its a little tribute to the great women of country music like loretta lynn.

3. Kim November 12, 2009 at 20:29 #

Hated it, hated it, hated it, hated it, hated it, hated it. Let’s see if I got that right- 6 gowns 6 “hated it”! LOL

I actually liked the 1st and 3rd dresses- just not on her,

4. Lila H November 12, 2009 at 20:58 #

The dresses are so very “pageant” queen. Sequins, embellishment, glitter, embroidery, you name it. It’s like something you’d find a Barbie doll wearing.

Brings back awful memories of those cupcake taffeta rhinestone ball gowns in prom magazines.

Epitome of cheesy.

• YSLGirl November 12, 2009 at 21:47 #

I’m so glad that somebody agrees with me. I’ve noticed that at these country and latin award shows, a lot of the attendees pick tacky pageant dresses. It’s so awfully tacky. They are the worst kind of award shows. There’s something about Carrie Underwood that I find so fundamentally annoying.

5. Kim November 12, 2009 at 22:38 #

I thought I would be the only one annoyed by these looks. Again I can see the 1t and 2nd on other ppl though. For instance I can see the green one on someone like Eva Longoria and the 3rd one on someone like Cheryl Cole (although that might not be popular :-) but they defintely didn’t work on Carrie for me. Maybe if Carrie’s hair was different with this one it would worked better. Pulled up and simple.

6. Caligirl November 12, 2009 at 23:11 #

Thanks FC! I think Carrie looked fabulous in each dress!! I love the last dress (my fav) and the floral by Nicole Miller.

7. Victoria November 13, 2009 at 04:32 #

I loved the 3rd and last look the most! :)

8. stella November 11, 2010 at 05:51 #

WHERE DID SHE GET THE RED SHOES????? I need them.

9. games January 16, 2012 at 06:05 #

Carrie Underwood’s Many Costume Changes Hosting The CMA Awards | Red Carpet Fashion Awards is an excellent article. You have my vote for Carrie Underwood’s Many Costume Changes Hosting The CMA Awards | Red Carpet Fashion Awards and I’ll bookmark this blog now.