12.11.09

43rd Annual CMA Awards

Nicole Kidman looks AMAZING.

L’Wren Scott dressed her client in Prada for her previous red carpet appearance to a weak applause, today Nicole is blowing me away in a hot pink L’Wren Scott Spring 2010 embroidered gown.

I love the cut, and the sexy silhouette which gives Nicole some curves we’ve never seen before.

Yes we’d love to see a Nicole switch up her designers more often, but when she looks this great in Scott’s designs it’s no wonder she keeps going back for more.

BDOTW contender for sure.

If any of you are surprised Taylor Swift is wearing a gold glittering with sequins, you haven’t been reading this blog for very long.

This is Taylor’s trademark, and I don’t blame her.

This Reem Acra sequin strapless gold gown with tulle skirt looks like a Princess dress, and I’m sure she felt very special wearing it.

Every princess has a prince, so it’s shame Taylor Lautner was in London on her big night.

She’s another contender.

From the sublime to tragic.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen Kellie Pickler look so bad.

It’s not the fault of her David Meister pewter lame gown, it’s the hair.

The strawberry blonde colour doesn’t work. This is worst than a blonde Katharine McPhee.

Martina McBride wore a Georges Hobeika Fall 2008 Couture silver metallic strapless gown with a beaded bodice.

I loved the gown, but the draped detail on the hips didn’t work for me on Martina.

Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland never disappoints on the red carpet.

This time she wore a stunning strapless Luisa Beccaria Fall 2009 midnight blue siren tulle gown with a frilly detailed hem and train.

Michelle Branch shuns wearing a gown to give us a young cute look wearing an aqua blue Matthew Williamson jewel detailed dress from the Fall 2009 collection.

Carrie Underwood typically gives her big hair and an embellished dress, but her Theia dress is a bit shapeless for my liking.

Leann Rimes should be wearing red. j/k

The good girl gone bad lives us to her current image by vamping things up with heavy make-up, but contrasts that with a white angelic 3.1 Phillip Lim gown.

Faith Hill wore a beautiful mauve strapless Azzaro gown which already had a jeweled halter strap, so I’m confused as to why she then added more necklaces.

Feels like overkill to me which is a shame.

Miranda Lambert opted for a Nicole Miller gown with an open back and beaded details on the shoulders.

[nggallery id=234]

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

42 Comments
Celebrities Love...Showing Us Their Panties

Celebrities Love…Showing Us Their Panties

Demi Moore For W December 2009

Demi Moore For W December 2009

42 Responses to 43rd Annual CMA Awards

1. Stuti November 12, 2009 at 14:54 #

Confirmed! L’Wren Scott WAS in fact playing with us. :D
    Stunning gown that, on Nicole.

• Fashion Critic November 12, 2009 at 14:56 #

She was that crazy genius :D

2. lee November 12, 2009 at 15:08 #

…….that taylor swift dress blows me away.

• Victoria November 12, 2009 at 15:33 #

Totally agree! I love her and her sparkly dresses. :D

3. Louise November 12, 2009 at 15:15 #

Nicoles dress is beautiful, but her boobs looks strange.
    Swift is stunning!!

• Rara Avis November 12, 2009 at 16:04 #

I agree, love the dress just not so sure about the boobs.

• krae November 12, 2009 at 20:14 #

her boobs had to hurt, how in the world did they get them to do that?

• Caroline November 13, 2009 at 12:13 #

I totally agree-I think the dress is just too small for her, it must be cutting in surely! Ow!

4. Catherine November 12, 2009 at 15:24 #

Nicole is looking great, not just her gorgeous dress, but her hair is back to a more reddish color which looks better than the blonde =)

5. mm November 12, 2009 at 15:26 #

Jennifer Nettles wins for me for this event. It is a good thing country music stars really have wonderful voices, can dance and usually play at least one instrument. Great performers. I am sure the show was good. This red carpet is another thing, I am really disappointed by these looks. Nicole’s breast look fake, totally not understanding why her breast have been pushed up and over so far. I think maybe the Men had a little more to offer on the red carpet for this event.

6. S November 12, 2009 at 15:30 #

Love T-Swizzle!

Leann Rimes’ eye makeup is just scary. It’s like she put on dark makeup and then washed it off.

As for Faith Hill, poor dress. She really butchered it.

• krae November 12, 2009 at 20:21 #

Leann Rimes dress I think was the worst, ugly style and color and for Faith Hill I think shes prego!!!!

7. S November 12, 2009 at 15:32 #

Btw, Michelle Branch looks ridiculously out of place. Especially the clutch and heels.

8. Caligirl November 12, 2009 at 15:42 #

Are you gonna post Carrie’s dress changes? She had some really good ones!!

• Fashion Critic November 12, 2009 at 15:45 #

still looking for them all.

9. Ally November 12, 2009 at 15:45 #

Taylor looks cute, but the gold sequin bit is getting old. I need something fresh.

10. marina November 12, 2009 at 16:17 #

Jennifer Nettles for BDOTW!!!!!!

• Nora November 12, 2009 at 20:01 #

I agree, she looks exquisite.

11. Kim November 12, 2009 at 16:30 #

I think Nicole, Taylor (and I usually don’t like all those sparkly dresses) and Jennifer look great. Especially Jennifer!

I also think Kellie looks good and I usually don’t like metallic looking dresses. Her figure look awesome in it and I even like her hair.

12. Kim November 12, 2009 at 16:32 #

And the rest either didnt look good or were boring to me.

13. justme November 12, 2009 at 16:58 #

I guess I’m in the minority but I don’t like Nicole’s look. The print isn’t working for me and her boobs situation is only making things worse.

I wish Taylor would realize she’s 20. That dress is cute but would fit someone like Selena Gomez better imo.

Jennifer Nettles is definitely the best dressed at this event. She looks amazing, I love the train. Can she be up for BDTOW? :D

Leann’s makeup is unbelievable. How did she snatch Eddie Hotness Cibrian? I’ll never know.

• Fashion Critic November 12, 2009 at 17:28 #

Yes she will.

As a lot of you have requested her to be in contention.

• danielezka November 12, 2009 at 18:21 #

i was about to say the same about Nicole. I think the WOW factor about Nicole is that she’s wearing something different to what she usually wears. But the print remids me a courtain my grandma has and I’m still wondering if she could breath normally with her chest compressed like that.
        I agree that the best dressed was Jennifer Nettles.

14. Laura November 12, 2009 at 17:06 #

Love Nicole’s. Color, cut, shape…Beautiful!

Taylor’s dress is a bit too deja vu. I’ve seen this Reem dress so many times. At first look, I immediately thought of Jenna Dewan’s wedding. I love Taylor and sparkles. I just wish she chose a different one.

I didn’t even know that was Kellie. The dress looks like it needs some support to stay up. Martina’s dress is swallowing her.

Love Jennifer Nettle’s dress. Michelle’s is a bit too casual for me. Carrie’s is a bit too ‘recycled aluminum’ for me. The shape isn’t working either.

I don’t like the look of Leann’s with her pose. Up close with her make-up she looks like Avril Lavigne.

The necklace over the beaded neck is way too much for Faith. Miranda’s is just okay to me.

15. Shemah November 12, 2009 at 17:24 #

Someone please tell LeAnn Rimes that Halloween is over. OVER.

She reminds me of Joan Cusack way back when in Addams Family Values. I don’t know why. I just do.

Love Taylor Swift.. :) She looks great. I love Jennifer.. she looks amazing on the red carpet. Nicole Kidman looks alright. I don’t know why I find her boring, though..

Saw quite a lot of Carrie’s many changes on LaineyGossip. but none that really stood out for me.

• Fashion Critic November 12, 2009 at 17:26 #

LOL @ Halloween is over.

16. Meg November 12, 2009 at 17:51 #

I think i forgot to breathe for a second when I saw the picture of Nicole
    she looks amAAAAAAzing

17. robbie November 12, 2009 at 18:23 #

nicole, amazing the dress and great colour love her hair aswell much nicer than the blonde. but the dress seems to push her boobs up and makes them look weird.

taylor, looks fantastic like a beautiful princess. sparkly but in the tragic tacky way like carrie underwood.

kellie, its a very bad look the dress and the hair. the dress is gorgeous on the model just not on her.

martina, i like the dress but the hair is killing it for me. if it was up it would have been better.

jennifer, its nice but im not wowed by it.

michelle, prefered it on the runway plus the purple shoes are a bit of a strange choice.

carrie, tacky cheap and trashy as usual. she just reminds me off some tragic looking WAG from essex.

leann, drag queen chic probably the best way to describe this disaster!

faith, the dress is sitting a bit too low for my liking. and the necklaces are ruining it.

miranda, very cute but nothing special.

18. Hannah November 12, 2009 at 19:06 #

I think the problem with Martina’s dress is that the draping is essentially at her knees, which would make even a supermodel look a bit awkward. If the draping had been raised a bit to actually fall on her hips it would be much more flattering.

19. ++MIRA++ November 12, 2009 at 20:27 #

FC i have to disagree about nicole. this is the WORST i have ever seen her. her boobs look weird and her hair looks like a hot mess that is between colors. also, i duno this dress just doesnt do it.sorry

20. Daneka November 12, 2009 at 20:40 #

Jennifer Nettles’ Mermaid style dress with the ruffles is absoloutely gorgeous! I love it! Im a sucker for mermaid/trumpet style gowns anyway.So this is a complete 10/10 from me! :)

21. YSLGirl November 12, 2009 at 21:43 #

Quite a boring event. Nicole Kidman is dull once again. I loved her style in the 90s/early 00s.

The only outfit I love here is Jennifer Nettles’. LeAnn Rimes could’ve looked great, but she needs to sack the makeup stylist. Her shoes also ruin the look.

Speaking of sacking makeup stylists…Kellie, we need to talk.

• Fashion Critic November 12, 2009 at 21:44 #

please talk to her, as no one else clearly is taking the time to point out where she is going wrong

• YSLGirl November 12, 2009 at 21:45 #

Oh and Taylor Swift always looks like she’s going to the prom. Not good.

22. Ally November 12, 2009 at 23:49 #

Wow, Nicole really does look amazing. Red is just her color. Although I’m betting her chest hurts today!

I didn’t even recognize Kellie Pickler… You are a bubbly blonde, you should keep it that way!

I know it isn’t very original for her, but Taylor still looks great.

23. Sue Jin November 13, 2009 at 03:23 #

Not too pleased with Nicole’s dress. It’s too tight on her bust making her breasts look weird.

On the other hand I love Nettle’s dress. I normally dislike this style but it looks so good on her.

24. shubby doo November 13, 2009 at 07:04 #

both jennifer N and nicole K for BDOTW please :)

25. Flutterbang November 13, 2009 at 08:22 #

To be painfully honest I wouldn’t know Kellie Pickler if I fell over her, so the criticism about her hair falls short with me – I love the colour and think she looks really cute.

Jennifer a definite stand-out winner; and Nicole over-did the corset, I reckon

26. SarahV November 13, 2009 at 18:03 #

Looks like Nicole had some new tits put in….
    I hate it!

27. Jane November 14, 2009 at 07:50 #

Not loving Taylor’s look – She always dresses like she’s going to prom.
    Jennifer looked the best, and her dress was beautiful. I also loved Nicole and Martina’s dresses, both were beautiful. Everyone else was a bit boring.

28. Lou November 14, 2009 at 18:14 #

Have to agree with the minority that Nicole’s dress does nothing for me – very curtain like… but think its good to see her in a more dramatic dress than she usually goes for.

29. Ksenia February 14, 2010 at 23:30 #

~Taylor Swift is getting too predictable with her anything-sparkly red carpet humdrum. She looks like a princess here, and on closer inspection, her dress is cheap looking. I am not amused. Just sparkles and tulle. Dull.

~LeAnn is stunning in her goddess gown
    ~Michelle Branch deserves some points for looking great here and putting in effort!