11.11.09

Gustavo Cadile Spring 2010

You may not know much about New York based Argentinian designer Gustavo Cadile, but you have seen his stunning designs on Catherine Zeta Jones at the Glamour Woman of the Year Awards, Giuliana Rancic at the Emmy’s, Eva Longoria at the ALMA Awards, Vanessa Williams at the Daytime Emmy Awards and many others, the list is endless.

Why do celebrities love to wear his designs?

Because they are beautiful, effortless and red carpet ready.

Like me Gustavo loves glamour, sophistication and elegance which is evident in his Spring 2010 collection.

Whether the occasion is a premiere, awards show, press conference, wedding, christening or for a lady who lunches, Gustavo has a range of gown and dresses to cover all occasions.

Can’t you just see the green gown with jewel waist band on Angelina Jolie at the SAG Awards, or the blue tulle gown on Kate Winslet at the Oscars?

Oscar hopeful Carey Mulligan would suit the pale blue cocktail dress, whilst I see Hayden Panettiere in the white dress and Emmy Rossum in the pink.

Earlier this year Gustavo was nominated as for the “Rising Star Award” by Fashion Group International. I hope his star continues to rise and we see more of his work on the red carpet.

You can view more of the Gustavo’s Spring 2010 and Resort 2010 collection at GustavoCadile.com.

In the future Gustavo plans to also create a bridal collection.

Credit: GustavoCadile.com

57th Annual BMI Country Awards

57th Annual BMI Country Awards

Kristen Stewart & Robert Pattinson for Harper's Bazaar US December 2009

Kristen Stewart & Robert Pattinson for Harper’s Bazaar US December 2009

13 Responses to Gustavo Cadile Spring 2010

1. MN November 11, 2009 at 15:15 #

Hi FCs – Catherine and Eleanor!!

Thanks for putting up this post on Gustavo. His dresses look amazing and I can’t wait to see them on the Red Carpet!!

I had no idea he was Argentine as I’m in Buenos Aires right now and haven’t seen any of his designs here…. at all! It’s a shame as he’s really talented but it probably makes much more sense concentrating on New York.

And in keeping with the Argentine theme, imagine if Gustavo was around creating designs for Eva Peron… a posthumous match made in heaven… ;-)

2. Stuti November 11, 2009 at 15:40 #

I am swooning right now. Actually I am quite dizzy from looking at the dark blue tulle gown. It is stunning, so beautiful. FC/Eleanor, did you get to try this dress on? Please say yes. :D

• Fashion Critic November 11, 2009 at 15:48 #

I got to view the collection in Paris.

I was too shy to try on.

3. Alexandra November 11, 2009 at 15:53 #

too perfect for words, i’m speechless.

iI love your picks :) Angelina in this green number would KILL everyone. but it seems Emmy Rossum has moved on from wearing such cute dresses. But I personally love it :)

4. robbie November 11, 2009 at 16:02 #

beautiful collection. that blue cocktail dress just screams queen lataifah to me!

• Fashion Critic November 11, 2009 at 16:13 #

Hmmm yes you are right.

It would look fab on her too

5. justme November 11, 2009 at 16:44 #

I became a fan of his yesterday lol. I absolutely love those dresses.

That blue one-shouldered gown is calling my name… so is the green one (the details on the waistband are beautiful).

6. GurlwithaCurl November 11, 2009 at 18:24 #

I looked at his website, and I actually think a lot of the dresses would be perfect for Taylor Swift. They’re feminine, shiny, and youthful–very much in keeping with what she wears.

7. Sarah November 11, 2009 at 20:51 #

FC, you hit the nail on the head when you dubbed him your “Red Carpet King”. I have been left speechless by the sheer elegance and beauty of his work and this collection didn’t disappoint. I am a huge fan of green and can’t wait to see that forest green gown on the red carpet… the lines and detailing are gorgeous!

8. Katey November 11, 2009 at 21:16 #

I think too that the green one and blue long gowns are beautiful. Those are my favourites.

9. Katey November 11, 2009 at 21:17 #

I can imagine the beautiful green dress on marcia cross for the red carpet of emmy.