11.11.09

57th Annual BMI Country Awards

In the words of Boy George.

“It’s A Miracle”.

A miracle that L’Wren Scott – Nicole’s stylist – has decided to dress her client in something other than her own collection.

On the flipside I don’t like this look at all on Nicole.

I think the length of her red strapless Prada dress is bugging me the most, followed by those Jimmy Choo kitten heels.

She normally looks so grand and statuesque, but this look doesn’t really do anything for her imo.

This may just go to prove that Kidman and Scott creations are the perfect combination.

Taylor Swift loves to sparkle, but on this occasion she wore a cute white Carmen Marc Valvo dress paired with a matching Daniel Swarovski clutch and silver Christian Louboutin heels.

I’m guessing Taylor is saving her heavily embellished dress for the main event – 2009 CMA Awards – tonight.

The teen sensation has 4 nominations including Entertainer of the Year, Best Female, Album of the Year, and a Best Music Video.

Can’t wait to see what she wears tonight.

Credit: London Features

Cate Blanchett In Chanel - 'How To Train Your Dragon 2' Sydney Premiere

Cate Blanchett In Chanel – ‘How To Train Your Dragon 2′ Sydney Premiere

43rd Annual CMA Awards

43rd Annual CMA Awards

18 Responses to 57th Annual BMI Country Awards

1. robbie November 11, 2009 at 13:16 #

nicole, WOW her hair looks amazing. the dress is nice i quite like it but the kitten heels. can someone please explain the point of kitten heels to me? if you arent going to wear high heels what is the point in wearing a heel at all even a kitten heel! plus kitten heels arent all that good for the back.

taylor, she always looks great and that dress is cute.

2. YSLGirl November 11, 2009 at 13:29 #

I think the height of Nicole Kidman’s shoes in the latest events she has been to just reminds me of her relationship with Tom Cruise and how she had to wear small heels. It feels like she has to do it again, but with her new hubby.

3. Stuti November 11, 2009 at 13:35 #

I have a crazy analogy. Maybe L’Wren Scott did this deliberately, just to rub it in our faces that Nicole looks best in said designer’s clothes. :P

• Fashion Critic November 11, 2009 at 13:36 #

I think you are spot on.

4. mm November 11, 2009 at 13:42 #

Not feelin Nicole’s look. I know she is married to a country music star but try as i might Nicole doesnt fit into the country music industry. I have yet to get use to seeing her at these events.

• Fashion Critic November 11, 2009 at 13:52 #

she doesn’t fit the Country wife at all.

She always looks out of place like you said.

5. Jennifer November 11, 2009 at 13:45 #

FC or Elanore- who did design Nicole’s dress?

And you are spot on, I don’t particulary care for the dress or shoes either.

• Fashion Critic November 11, 2009 at 13:51 #

not sure yet. Will let you know if I find it.

6. Ally November 11, 2009 at 13:50 #

I don’t mind Nicole’s look. It isn’t spectacular, but (1) her hair is back to fiery red like it should be and (2) it is nice to see her in a bright color.

• Leti November 11, 2009 at 14:51 #

I second that–who cares what she’s wearing so long she keeps her hair red! The punch of color in the dress is just the icing on the cake.

7. S November 11, 2009 at 14:01 #

what is Nicole wearing?

8. WendyB November 11, 2009 at 14:37 #

Nicole looks great with red hair.

9. Marvel November 11, 2009 at 15:02 #

I think Im in the minority but I like this dress on her. We normally see her wearing L’Wrenn Scott so this is a nice refreshing change.
    Taylor=Cute!!

10. Kim November 11, 2009 at 15:51 #

Taylor looks cute. I like Nicole’s dress. Maybe not the belt and defintely not the kitten heels.

11. Laura November 11, 2009 at 16:59 #

I do see potential in Nicole’s dress. Take off the black belt, take off the longer part of the left bottom, shorten it to just above the knee, and wear some nude Christian Louboutin’s. Oh and nail polish remover. Not liking the nails matching the shoes which match the belt.

Something about the look of the top on Taylor isn’t working for me. It looks like it wasn’t fitted for Taylor’s chest well.

12. Leo November 11, 2009 at 17:55 #

I like Nicole’s dress. I think red is a relly nice colour for her, and I’m so glad she’s not wearing L’Wren Scott. Plus the more loose fitting, in oposite to all that tight tailored dresses we’re used to seeing her in, is much more flattering for her body, creating the ilusion of curves. The hair is also on point, shame about the hells, even flats would be better.

13. AJoanna November 12, 2009 at 02:18 #

I actually really like Nicole’s look. I don’t really like the heels, but other than that, I think she looks quite nice.

14. Serena November 12, 2009 at 03:53 #

I don’t think Nicole’s dress is by Prada. If you really think so, please print the specific Prada collection. Thanks.