10.11.09

Social Events Of The Week

Out & About, New York

Rihanna may have worn her Stéphane Rolland Spring 2009 Couture gown on the red carpet at the 2009 Glamour Women of the Year Awards, but inside she did a quick change into this stunning Jasmine di Milo Spring 2010 gown.

The ombre silk tulle gown is divine with it’s sexy thigh-high split and gathered details on the hips.

Many of you didn’t think she could carry off the previous gown, but think she rocked both.

Royal Rajasthan Gala, London

There was a time when I had nothing nice to say about Sigourney Weaver, but she continues to impress.

From her previous Donna Karan gown, to this stunning ruby Naeem Khan Fall 2009 draped satin one- shoulder gown with jeweled trim bodice which I simply adore.

At present she can currently do no wrong.

“A Magical Evening” Gala, New York

I’m still catching my breathe from looking at the stunning Selita Ebanks on this red carpet.

She looks like an angel wearing a white one-shouldered J.Mendel Pre-Fall 2009 gown, which has had its second outing on the red carpet.

BDOTW contender for sure.

Jane Krakowski chose a one shouldered grey embroidered Christian Cota Fall 2009 dress.

I like the dress, especially the embroidered detail, but I’m not sure it quite works on Jane.

She’s quite broad shouldered so this look isn’t particularly flattering.

Montblanc 9th Annual 24 Hr Plays on Broadway After Party, New York

Emmy Rossum is wearing a lot of black lately, but her black jacquard J. Mendel Fall 2009 sleeveless dress which has been modified from the runway is stunning.

She pairs her dress with t-bar heels, I just wish she also wore the runway belt.

“Exposed: 10 Years In Hollywood Book Launch Party”, LA

This isn’t my favourite look on Jessica Alba by any means.

She doesn’t breathe any life into her Narciso Rodriguez Resort 2010 black and white dress which she pairs with Christian Louboutin Lady Page pumps.

MTV’s “It’s On With Alexa Chung”, New York

Rihanna strikes a pose at the MTV Studios after her interview on Alexa Chung’s show, which you can watch by here

I thought it was quite appropriate that Rihanna was seeing Alexa wearing ankle boots, as Alexa is the Queen of ankle boots.

Rihanna paired her boots with an Alexander McQueen asymmetric-stripe sweater dress which we’ve seen on Cheryl Cole.

Credit: Style.com, INF Daily, Getty & Wireimage

In Rihanna's Closet - Alexander McQueen Asymmetric-Stripe Sweater Dress

In Rihanna’s Closet – Alexander McQueen Asymmetric-Stripe Sweater Dress

In Jae Shi Ra's Closet - Salvatore Ferragamo V-Neck Purple Dress

In Jae Shi Ra’s Closet – Salvatore Ferragamo V-Neck Purple Dress

14 Responses to Social Events Of The Week

1. Kim November 10, 2009 at 19:41 #

I like Rihanna’s frist look. Selita and Sigourney look GREAT! I think I even like Sigourney over Selita. Sigorney is BDOTW worthy to me.

I like Jane’s dress.

2. Laura November 10, 2009 at 19:50 #

The color of Rihanna’s dress goes nicely with the current color of her hair. The only thing I don’t like about Sigourney’s is the bracelet. It makes the look choppy, but the rest is absolutely stunning.

Selita’s is definitely a BDOTW contender. The contrast of skin tone and dress color really adds drama to the look.

Jane’s dress is meant for someone with less of a chest. It’s way too top heavy for her breast size. I like the sleaveless version on Emmy, but I agree that a belt would look nice.

There aren’t many who could pull of that look, but Rihanna’s definitely one of them. Jessica Alba looks a bit Oktoberfest in her look.

3. From Russia With Love November 10, 2009 at 19:55 #

I guess Alba is wearing Narciso Rodriguez resort.

4. justme November 10, 2009 at 20:40 #

Now this Jasmine Di Milo dress I like on Rihanna. The colors go perfectly with her skin tone and she looks good in it.
    If she was on somebody’s red carpet, I’d think BDOTW contender.

• Fashion Critic November 10, 2009 at 20:48 #

yes I will put her up in this one, as she was at an event.

5. lan November 10, 2009 at 21:09 #

is it just me or does anyone else wish rihanna would do something different with her hair? it just ruins a lot of her looks imo.

• justme November 10, 2009 at 22:22 #

I think the EVERYBODY agrees on that one lol. That hair is a catastrophe.

• alex November 11, 2009 at 09:07 #

was going to comment the same!

6. WendyB November 11, 2009 at 01:52 #

That sweater dress! Love it. It would probably look terrible on me but I feel like I want it anyway!

7. Lala/S-R November 11, 2009 at 03:02 #

Man, when Rihanna is trying hard she can look absolutely stunning. Do a comparison between her first look and her on “It’s On With Alexa Chung” and note the difference. She looks nothing short of UGLY in the last post (trying too hard), and stunning in the first.

8. jhon November 12, 2009 at 08:15 #

rihanna can be business girl because all what she want , is to see people talk long hour of her hair her dress best worst good joob riri