08.11.09

I was convinced we would love the same dress this week, but you guys picked Katy Perry wearing a stunning nude one shoulder draped Marchesa Spring 2010 tulle strapless gown with an embroidered floral detail.

We picked Camilla Belle for shunning the easy options and going for this bold Alexander McQueen Spring 2010 puffball dress with a beaded detail on the shoulders and waist.

Many of you like us were scared that someone like Lady GaGa would put us of loving this collection by wearing it first, so when Camilla hit the red carpet at the 2012 premiere we were all relieved and delightfully surprised at the ease in which she pulled it off.

Credit: Wireimage

Shop Her Closet

Shop Her Closet

In Kristen Stewart's Closet - Nobody Denim Jeans

In Kristen Stewart’s Closet – Nobody Denim Jeans

24 Responses to Best Dressed Of The Week – Katy Perry In Marchesa & Camilla Belle In Alexander McQueen

1. Kim November 8, 2009 at 18:12 #

I like both!

2. Laura November 8, 2009 at 18:25 #

There as no way to go wrong with the pic this week. I commend Katy for going for cheesy gimicks to stylish with her own touch to it. Her pink Basil Soda Grammy dress was Katy’s first stunner, and she hasn’t looked back from there. This is what I wish Lady Gaga would do, mesh style with her style and not be so gimicky. I think Katy won because she stayed true to herself while still being stylish.

That said, I do like Camilla’s dress. Color on the carpet is my favorite, and I loved Alexander McQueen’s collection the moment I saw it. Any other week, she would be the clear winner to me.

But honorable mention goes to nearly everyone on the list. There were so many great options this week it’d be hard to go wrong.

3. nyma November 8, 2009 at 18:35 #

my choice was ‘ur’ choice ;) loved camilla in tht exquisite dress! n im noticing the ‘we’ instead of the ‘i’, welcome aboard elanor! :)

• Fashion Critic November 8, 2009 at 18:40 #

Yes. that will take some getting used to after being an ‘I’ for 2 years :)

• sydneycheapchic November 9, 2009 at 00:43 #

Ooohh good eye Nyma.. but what happens when Elanor and FC disagree???? will there be 3??

• Fashion Critic November 9, 2009 at 07:09 #

naah, always 2.

4. Rebecca November 8, 2009 at 18:36 #

I’m so happy Camilla won. I really hope Lady GaGa doesn’t come remotely near this collection!

Katy was my second choice along with Eva Mendes and Beyonce.

5. Dora November 8, 2009 at 19:00 #

I’m glad Katy won, she deserves it, even though I voted for Kate.
    But honestly I don’t like Camilla’s dress. I think the colors are awful.

6. Sonia November 8, 2009 at 19:02 #

I voted for Camila because that dress is literally one of the most gorgeous things I have ever seen and she pulled it off magnificently. On the wrong person, it would have looked horrible, but she looked amazing.

I also liked Katy’s dress and I think she won because hers was a gown and we always see Camilla dressed amazingly on the red carpet but this was one of the first times that I have been truly stunned by her outfit.

I think Katy did deserve to win, even though I voted for Camilla

7. Victoria November 8, 2009 at 19:30 #

Yay! So glad you both picked Camilla Belle! She was my vote too. :D She deserved it!

8. jenny November 8, 2009 at 19:40 #

camilla was the best dressed for sure!

9. The one November 8, 2009 at 19:53 #

wow, i’m stunned that Leighton Meester in Prabal Gurung didnt score higher, i didnt expect her to win, but expected her to be in the top 3, that outfit as a whole was pure joy to me, Katy Perry, i adored the dress but the rest of her in it, didnt captivate me, the hair, make up etc, but Leighton Meester in Prabal Gurung, i sighed – more especially because its it appears like such a simple outfit, anyway. loved the Alexander McQueen.

10. barbara November 8, 2009 at 20:10 #

Liked both, but i voted for katy cuz i think its the first time she goes for simple,perfect elegance.

11. justme November 8, 2009 at 20:20 #

Katy was in my top 4 so even though I didn’t ultimately vote for her, I’m happy she won. That Marchesa dress is gorgeous and she rocked it.

I really don’t get the fascination with Camilla’s look… like at all lol. But many people seemed to like it so congrats then.

• AJoanna November 9, 2009 at 00:55 #

Yeah, Camilla’s dress was a little “ice-skater” for me, but to each his own. :) (or her own ;) )

• sydneycheapchic November 9, 2009 at 09:10 #

I thought that too.. ice skater/Bjork’s swan outfit… hhehe.. BUT i can see why others love it though… I loved it too the first time.. just goes to show how too much staring can lead to nitpicking rather than just appreciation. :)

Looking forward to this week of fashion.. It’s going to be hard to beat last weeks but to come close would be amazing already!

12. Jake November 8, 2009 at 23:15 #

FC, you got it spot on this week

• Fashion Critic November 9, 2009 at 07:09 #

thanks :)

13. jeremy November 9, 2009 at 02:41 #

A good dress is always a good one. Katy looks good because the dress itself already does the job. But for a difficult one like Camile’s that can easily go wrong, we need the whole package: pose, smile, hair, jewelry and personality. That’s how I define “best dress”!

14. WendyB November 9, 2009 at 04:54 #

Both are BEAUTIFUL!

15. b November 9, 2009 at 07:29 #

Arrrgh!

I was too damn late to vote!

I love love Leighton. I think everything is just so right about her look. Everything from head to toes!

Anyway, both winners are worth losing to :D

16. Violet November 9, 2009 at 09:07 #

Katie looks gorgeous. She had a great week!

I love Camilla’s dress but i kinda feel a bit meh about the way she put it together.

Kudos to Camilla for being the daring first to wear a dress from this collection, it takes some guts to wear this dress and risk looking like a ballroom dancer on acid! I still feel a bit meh about the end result. I can’t put my finger on it… maybe the styling?The dress also appears to sit a bit bottom heavy and being dragged down on the top half.

Im looking forward to seeing who the next brave sole is to don a piece from this phenomenal collection. I don’t think Lady Gaga would ‘put us of loving this’, in fact i really look forward to seeing her take… I wonder if she will wear those runway shoes!?.

17. Violet November 9, 2009 at 09:08 #

Katy looks gorgeous. She had a great week!

18. Ally November 9, 2009 at 12:48 #

I agreed with your pick this week, but really anyone could have won this week! Lets hope this week is just as good :).