Katy Perry certainly knows how to put on a performance.

Hosting last night’s MTV EMA’s the singer made the event her own by showcasing a spectrum of crazy fashion finds.

Pictured in an alarming Viktor & Rolf Spring 2009 ball gown, Katy opted for shock tactics on the stage.

The strangely shaved netting and bullet-hole-style cavity is a bit too eerie for such a light-hearted event.

I loved the dramatics in Viktor & Rolf’s Spring presentation, however this dress screams ‘DANGER!’ Sorry Katy, car-crash couture.

This is more like it.

Sampling a Marchesa 2010 dress, Katy looks like something from a vamped-up version of a swan-lake production.

Feathers seem to be a favourite with Marchesa for Spring 2010.

Here they complement the lace body, adding movement and texture and give Katy the extra detail that she needs. This dress has already been worn by Camilla Belle.

I love the white on Katy. It’s clean, fresh and works with her dark hair and eyes radiantly.

This Georges Chakra Couture Fall 2009 gown has hints of both pin-up glamour and a 1930′s flapper dress.

Katy is captivating here, the sparkling blue sequins and pearls on the dress turn Katy from a loopy pop-star into a siren.

Showing off her figure, and quite rightly too, Katy sticks with a more mature look.

Katy wore a second look by Georges Chakra, this time from his Spring 2010 ready to wear Edition collection.

The Lebanese designer dedicates his work to a modern, self-confident woman, making Katy a worthy fit for his designs.

This dress is another of Katy’s more ‘wacky’ choices. Having modified the hem to make a structured skirt, it resembles the carousel dress that the singer wore at last years EMA’s.

Ultimately wearing this dress whilst swinging on a decorated seat doesn’t really do much for the singer except confirm what we already knew; slightly bonkers.

Credit: Style.com, Zimbio & Wireimage

Runway To 2009 MTV EMAs - Beyonce Knowles In David Koma

Runway To 2009 MTV EMAs – Beyonce Knowles In David Koma

MTV EMAs Press Room

MTV EMAs Press Room

13 Responses to Runway To 2009 MTV EMAs Stage – Katy Perry In Viktor & Rolf, Georges Chakra and Marchesa

1. ella November 6, 2009 at 11:10 #

lol at katty’s “car-crash couture”….i love all her other looks, especially the Marchesa.even though she’s sitting im sure she sure wears it well as Camille, and who knows, maybe better, as it suits her style and personality

thanks for posting Eleanor……

• Eleanor November 6, 2009 at 12:03 #

It is all a bit ‘miaw’ where Katy Perry is concerned I’m afraid Ella! Thanks for the response!

2. ben November 6, 2009 at 11:24 #

I am in LOVE with all of Katy’s choices here, and I commend her highly for actually looking better than Camilla Belle in something.

And FC – i actually like the viktor and rolf look, that colour is just amazing on her.

3. amelia November 6, 2009 at 12:36 #

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a whole collection being worn so much and so fast on the red carpet as Marchesa’s Spring 2010. I won’t be surprised if, by the end of the year, all of the pieces are already worn.

4. Hannah November 6, 2009 at 13:33 #

Of all the musicians who seem to push the boundaries when it comes to fashion, I actually almost always like what Katy chooses. Yes, they’re a little weird sometimes, but she’s obviously just having fun with it, and isn’t that the whole point of fashion? I can’t even hate the Viktor & Rolf gown because she just looks like she’s having a good time.

5. Monkey November 6, 2009 at 13:54 #

I am glad katy wore the victor and rolf gown, its so pretty.

6. justme November 6, 2009 at 14:17 #

I love her in Marchesa and in the blue dress.

The 2nd George Chakra dress is actually nice but with Katy’s boobs, I’m gonna have to vote no.

I don’t understand that Viktor & Rolf creation. Hot tragic mess.

7. T. November 6, 2009 at 15:29 #

I’m from The Netherlands and so glad Katy is wearing Viktor & Rolf!

8. Kim November 6, 2009 at 17:29 #

For Katy, I actually like everything except the dress that looked like it was on a pacman screen and had just been chomped on by the little blue men!

9. Sally November 6, 2009 at 20:27 #

Katy is one of my favourite’s on the red carpet. she’s never dull and always has fun with it. She looks superb in the Marchesa.

10. florrie November 7, 2009 at 07:28 #

Katy looked so cute,especially in Marchesa(sorry if my English isn’t good)

• Fashion Critic November 7, 2009 at 07:50 #

it’s perfect. Thank you for your comment

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Taylor Swift Rocks A Reverse Peter Pan Collar Dress | Hollywood Rush - February 22, 2012

[...] for the future of frocks? Suddenly the lack of something in a dress adds more to the look, like Katy Perry’s infamous 2009 EMA Viktor & Rolf gown with bits tulle completely chopped out of the dress. We’re totally on board this fresh take [...]