Runway To 2009 MTV EMAs – Beyonce Knowles In David Koma

First Cheryl Cole wore a David Koma dress on Saturday’s X Factor, now Beyonce Knowles has fallen in love with David Koma’s Fall 2009 collection.

The dress has been dubbed “the dustbin lid” dress and the “hub caps” dress, or as Marvel said it looks like a dress which was created from running into a clock shop naked.

Whatever you want to call it David Koma must be very pleased that in a space of a week 2 major stars have worn pieces from his collection.

Beyonce collected her “Best Female” Award at the lacklustre MTV EMAs last night, wearing an off-the-shoulder David Koma Fall 2009 dress with black peep-toe platforms.

I’m not surprised Beyonce wore the black wool dress with the signature tube detailing on the bodice and on the skirt, because she had to follow up with something amazing after her Gareth Pugh looks of last year.

I think she looked pretty darn fantastic in the dress, and I’m glad she support an up and coming designer.

Credit: Coutorture & Getty

Who Wore Herve Leger Better? Miley Cyrus or Julia Stegner

Who Wore Herve Leger Better? Miley Cyrus or Julia Stegner

Runway To 2009 MTV EMAs Stage - Katy Perry In Viktor & Rolf, Georges Chakra and Marchesa

Runway To 2009 MTV EMAs Stage – Katy Perry In Viktor & Rolf, Georges Chakra and Marchesa

11 Responses to Runway To 2009 MTV EMAs – Beyonce Knowles In David Koma

1. robbie November 6, 2009 at 09:58 #

shame about the make-up and hair. dress is very blah looking.

2. ella November 6, 2009 at 11:22 #

i dont know why she chose to wear a simple black peep toe.fiercer heels would have completed the look…..she looks just o.k in my opinion

3. ben November 6, 2009 at 11:25 #

Beyonce has had a couple of missteps, but this girl is totally back on her game now. What an amazing look, and for once a pair of black pumps work!

4. Avril November 6, 2009 at 11:41 #

This dress is alot better than the one Cheryl Cole wore on the X Factor.

I have to say I loved the Sass & Bide Higher Ground dress that Beyonce wore to collect her awards, I thought this was a much better choice. This is my favourite dress from the Sass & Bide Futuregrand Collection. Well done Beyonce.

5. Martyn November 6, 2009 at 12:45 #

David is a genius – he won Vauxhall Fashion Scout’s Merit Award for September’s London Fashion Week. See images from his latest show here http://thefashionscoutsept09.blogspot.com/2009/09/david-koma.html

6. Marvel November 6, 2009 at 13:44 #

I personally prefer Cheryl’s version as she made it stand out with her hair clicked back, Beyonce’s hair runs wild.

BTW, thanks for mentioning my name, it was a real shock moment, lol

7. chris November 6, 2009 at 13:48 #

She looks good but i prefer the dress keisha (ex sugababe) wore from the collection first.

8. Avril November 6, 2009 at 17:11 #

I agree Chris, I also think Keisha’s looked the best.

9. Ewurafua November 6, 2009 at 18:21 #

She had on another dress, most likely from David also. I actually prefer that other dress. You should add that picture, because that dress did her better justice.
    P.S. I am talking about the dress she collected her award for “Single Ladies” in.

10. Avril November 7, 2009 at 14:27 #

The black and gold dress is Sass & Bide, she wore David Koma to collect the first award, then Sass & Bide higher ground dress to collect the next two awards. It is going to hit the shops early next year RRP £1485, the runway show can be viewed on the Sass & Bide website.

11. Voice of Reason November 9, 2009 at 12:49 #

screams Viktor & rolf SS09 to me…