Chanel “Fete D’Hiver” Fall Gala

First Audrey Tautou, now Diane Kruger is making me fall in love with the Chanel Fall 2009 Couture collection.

Many of you have already made claims as to who your BDOTW is, well you hadn’t banked on Diane knocking it out of the fashion ball park at this event.

I don’t think we’ve ever seen so many major players bring their ‘A’ game in one week on the red carpet.

The magpie in me is drooling over the midnight blue sequins embroidered onto the dress, whilst the cynic in me is grateful she ditched the train.

The peplum skirt appears to be longer on Diane than on the runway which I prefer.

My only criticism is that the dress didn’t need the necklace.

Blake Lively is giving us everything we expect from her.

Signature pose – check
Flawless make-up – check

But in a refreshing change of pace, Blake opted for a classic black Chanel Resort 2010 gown covering both the twins and her legs.

She could’ve worn a cute sassy dress like Diane, but some may have said accused her for being too predictable.

I applaud her for switching things up.

I think the floral corsage necklace kept this look current for the young actress.

Leigh Lezark picked the perfect dress to suit her funky personality.

The blue tulle dress is cute, but Leigh still gives it plenty of attitude as you would expect.

Thanks to Khanh who provided the picture from Chanel’s Paris-Monte Carlo Pre-Fall 2007 collection.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Runway To 2009 MTV Europe Music Awards Press Conference - Katy Perry In Jenny Packham

Runway To 2009 MTV Europe Music Awards Press Conference – Katy Perry In Jenny Packham

2009 Soul Train Awards

2009 Soul Train Awards

28 Responses to Chanel “Fete D’Hiver” Fall Gala

1. Vera November 5, 2009 at 15:09 #

I’m afraid this dress does not any justice to Blake. She is not 60!

Diane looks brilliant.

I don’t like the waist in Leigh dress. For her height it must be higher.

2. mm November 5, 2009 at 15:12 #

Love Leigh Lezark hair and make up. Blake just looks too mature in this look, it might’ve worked with her hair down.

• Fashion Critic November 5, 2009 at 15:17 #

Hmmm. I’m not too sure I would have loved this look with her hair down.

I think it would have taken away a lot of elegance from the look

• mm November 5, 2009 at 15:19 #

Yeah you are right. I just dont know what else she could do to make herself look her age with this dress other than shorten it.

3. Ally November 5, 2009 at 15:30 #

I honestly didn’t think I would like any of the Chanel looks from that collection, but Diane looks good. Thank goodness she left off the silly tule.

I don’t love that dress on Blake, but I def. appreciate her changing it up.

4. Stuti November 5, 2009 at 15:31 #

We are so tough on Blake. When she wears min-dresses, she is “too sexy”, when she is elegant, she is “dowdy”. I still think she looks fab!
    Diane diane diane diane! I love the Chanel on her, and I hated the collection, so that is coming.
    Also, Leigh! Why do I LOVE this? Maybe it is the colour. Woman looks fierce!

5. Jennifer November 5, 2009 at 16:17 #

So FC… with today only being Thursday… maybe you’re going to have to go with a Best Dressed short dresses and others, and then a Best Dressed long dresses? You know we have enough choices this week…

I love Diane. I agree, necklace was a bit too much, but I loved the overall look. Amazing.

Blake is beautiful, and I like the look, but it’s lacking the WOW factor of all our other looks this week that we’ve all said BDOTW for.

• Fashion Critic November 5, 2009 at 16:51 #

It going to be the major players this week which will make it a very interesting poll

6. mol November 5, 2009 at 16:27 #

All three women look gorgeous to me – just perhaps that Leigh looks a bit swamped by her dress, but the color is great and in the shot from the shoulders up, she looks heavenly!

7. Marvel November 5, 2009 at 16:40 #

I really like Blake’s outfit, can she squeeze onto the very large list of potential BDOTW??

• Fashion Critic November 5, 2009 at 16:49 #

it gonna be major players this week, so it will not be as big as you think

• YSLGirl November 5, 2009 at 18:20 #

What is the limit for your poll?

• Fashion Critic November 5, 2009 at 18:21 #

no more than 10.

8. robbie November 5, 2009 at 17:01 #

diane, finally a look from her i love, minus the necklace but thank god she ditched those stupid spare bits of material.

blake, she has just aged about 15 years maybe even 20.

leigh, it is a nice dress but i cant help but hate the shoes.

9. Lexa November 5, 2009 at 17:26 #

It was Chanel Fine Jewellery event, so I think that is why Diane opted for the necklace. She looks sensational! BDOTW for me so far! :)

10. justme November 5, 2009 at 17:35 #

I’m not feeling Diane’s look. Between the necklace, the shoes and the pigeontoedness (yes it’s a word)… nah.

Damn Blake, when I said to cover up, I didn’t mean that much lol. I’m just kidding, I do applaud her for switching it up on us. Fashion is about more than showing off your assets all the time. It’s a pity I just don’t like the dress. I mean, I don’t hate it but it doesn’t impress me either. Also did Karl run out of fabric? Long gowns are long, I don’t wanna be able to see shoes -_-

Leigh’s dress is fun. Maybe fun shoes would’ve been good too but she still looks cute imo.

11. Lisa November 5, 2009 at 17:54 #

Whereas most people love Diane on the red carpet, to me, she’s more hit-and-miss. With this outfit, she definitely hit. BDOTW worthy for sure.

12. Victoria November 5, 2009 at 18:10 #

Aw, we’re so hard on Blake! I personally think she looks really elegant here and I like that she’s changing her looks up a bit. :) Go Blake!

As for Diane, she will be up for BDOTW yes? Hopefully? I’m totally going to have a hard time voting! I was all set to vote for Camilla and then Diane came along.. :D

13. YSLGirl November 5, 2009 at 18:19 #

Blake just bores me. She’s definitely not shaking things up for me.

Diane Kruger shakes things up. She may wear white and black a lot, but every once in a while she gives us something different. One of the best dressed this week so far.

I would love to see Leigh on the poll, too. She looks great.

14. Leo November 5, 2009 at 19:02 #

Looks like Daine will be this weeks best dressed too. She looks pure perfection there, I don’t even mind the necklace. Amazing.

Blake looks pretty good also. Good styling, her shoes are a great choice as well as the necklace.

15. Glinda November 5, 2009 at 19:07 #

Since I agree the Chanel event made the jewelry-wearing kind of a must…I think what I would have preferred is to switch the necklaces on Diane and Blake.

I really like the cap sleeves on Diane’s dress and all the pretty!shiny!–but the midnight blue color makes it my stand-out.

16. Sally November 5, 2009 at 19:16 #

I’m LOVING Diane. Camilla had BDOTW in the bag but Diane has just made me reassess everything. Goosebumps galore.

17. Line November 5, 2009 at 21:53 #

Actually I think the necklace is just perfect for Diane.
    She is perfection – always.

18. Bego November 5, 2009 at 22:45 #

if BDOTW wasn’t hard already….. oh God Diane! she looks divine, i’m almost sure now i’ll have to vote for her. wonderful

19. lucas November 6, 2009 at 01:17 #

I wouldn’t call Blakes makeup flawless, it ages her, she looks much more like Robin Wright Penn than Blake Lively.

20. jK November 6, 2009 at 01:35 #

if i remember right, blake doesnt have a stylist?
    how did she pull that?
    that look was perfection.
    very classic chanel jewelery and shoes.
    i disagree that the look is too old for her.
    her hair is not too put together with a little messiness.
    which freshened the feelings of it.

21. Sophia November 6, 2009 at 09:30 #

diane once again looks so beautiful and put together! she makes everything work.
    blake doesnt look bad at all. but yes, she ages herself and her hair is off

22. sydneycheapchic November 6, 2009 at 11:32 #

OMG! what is going on? Everyone is fabulous this week!! Diane definitely for BDOTW… not that I have any idea who to vote for still…..