I can’t believe I almost missed this.

Michelle Obama was speaking at the James J. Peters Veterans Administration Medical Center in New York last week with with Jill Biden.

The First Lady wore a tiger print blouse with a scoop neck with structured shoulders from Peter Pilotto’s Fall 2009 collection.

She paired the blouse with maroon wide-leg trousers and black flats.

Michelle continues to show support for up and coming designers, first Jason Wu now the London based designers Peter Pilotto and partner Christopher De Vos.

This is so admirable and I hope this is something she continues to do in the future.

This top is current available to purchase from farfetch.com.

Credit: Style.com & INF Daily

Lea Michele In Juan Carlos Obando - 'Legends Of Oz: Dorothy's Return' LA Premiere

Lea Michele In Juan Carlos Obando – ‘Legends Of Oz: Dorothy’s Return’ LA Premiere

Runway To "The Road" LA Screening - Charlize Theron In Christian Dior

Runway To “The Road” LA Screening – Charlize Theron In Christian Dior

8 Responses to Runway To The Veteran’s Administration Medical Center – Michelle Obama In Peter Pilotto

1. The Wonder Spot November 4, 2009 at 21:51 #

Although the message is to support young designers, I think this is one of my least favourite look from her!

2. Tania November 4, 2009 at 22:06 #

I agree

3. DM November 5, 2009 at 02:14 #

looks great on the model, not so great on michelle. BLAH. boring and not very First Lady-like (as usual).

4. Flutterbang November 5, 2009 at 02:59 #

I agree also, but I think it’s the pants that put me off, not the top.

5. WendyB November 5, 2009 at 04:44 #

Someone tell Mrs O that *I’m* an up and coming designer. Please! :-)

6. robbie November 5, 2009 at 09:05 #

this is when i wish she did stick to the usual dress and cardigan look. those trousers are very unflattering.

as much as i love michelle, i feel this is a little too youthful for her and not very first ladt attire.

7. fashionlover November 5, 2009 at 14:09 #

How come column writers never comment negatively about Mrs. Obama’s fashion choices? The shirt is not First Lady like at all, and, fine, let’s just say she can get away with it. What about those GOD AWFUL pants? How can fashion critics miss this? I am sick of her showing up left and right in Vogue, Bazaar, etc. with everyone fawning over every outfit calling her the next Jackie O (she’s not.) When she looks great, give her credit when credit is due, but when she wears something craptastic (COUGH COUGH PANTS) then just go ahead and say they look bad.

• Fashion Critic November 5, 2009 at 14:14 #

I will always applaud her for wearing up and coming designers.

Granted it’s not in the mould of what a First Lady should/would wear, but I’m looking at this from Peter Pilotto’s perspective and how her wearing this will positively affect their brand.